Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Revamped Lightwell and Holy DPS... never going to happen... but in the game?

Have you done the new 5-man instance in the coliseum?

There is a revamped Lightwell... and a Holy DPS Boss.

Now... I'm not saying that holy DPS should be viable... but it is a bit of a slap in the face to say "holy DPS spells should be only used for leveling and PvP Disco" and then incorporate a "boss" that uses these abilities to smite your face.

Furthermore... if you incorporate a revamped "Lightwell" that works w/o people clicking in an instance, not use the same mechanic for players, and the berate the player base for not using it... that is also a slap in the face. Have the damn NPCs go over and "click" the LW like everyone else.

Yes... this is prolly the most QQ post you will ever see me post. But seriously... I'm a bit peeved.

Re: Revamped Lightwell and Holy DPS... never going to happen... but in the game?

Yes, I've done the 5men and iirc I think I met that boss too (The woman that calls out your bad memories and has only Holy spells should be her).
    By the way that's nothing compared to the Twin Val'kyrs I guess...Empowered Light, Shield of Lights, Touch of Light, Unleashed Light, Surge of Light...

Re: Revamped Lightwell and Holy DPS... never going to happen... but in the game?

Or the boss does holy dps because there's no holy resistance, hence no partial / full mitigation of her damage? Haven't done her (EU realm here), but your complaining still makes no sense.
    Blizz gave you the answer, ranting on about holy dps (again) is really getting old. Just let it go, not all things need to conform to your logic and play your game and enjoy yourself.

Look... I'm clearly never going to champion a "smite" spec ever again. Blizzard has said their peace.

Its just a bit silly to incorporate a boss that attempts to kill you with "leveling" spells is all.

Because no other bosses or mobs in the life of warcraft have ever used holy spells?

As for a revamped lightwell... So two spells have the same name / looks and do different things.. Again that's something that has never happened in a game before..

Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Look... I'm clearly never going to champion a "smite" spec ever again. Blizzard has said their peace.

Its just a bit silly to incorporate a boss that attempts to kill you with "leveling" spells is all.
    I disagree, it makes sense - you have no holy resistance on your player sheet, hence boss hits you fully with the casted spell. And as poster before me said, it's not the first time a boss uses holy spells.
    Following your logic, we might complain why we don't have holy bolt that jumps to another player once it damages someone.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Or the boss does holy dps because there's no holy resistance, hence no partial / full mitigation of her damage?
    Anything that reduces magic damage taken still works on Holy Damage, as does Magic Affinity, the OP Blood Elf racial of "spelldodge" for 2%.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I really cannot say this any clearer...

If there isn't going to be a holy DPS spec, which I fully accept... then bosses shouldn't kill me with holy DPS spells.

They should have used those spells to level and switch to shadow when they try to kill me.

15+ Year Old Account

wow...are u serious?

cry more man, there have been holy bosses before, nothing stops them now. who cares what the hell spells the boss uses, just because they use that spell doesnt mean that blizzard has to then make that spec a viable spec to kill shit with.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

She's the Argent Confessor. A member of the Argent Crusade. You're not going to see any of them starting to be engulfed by shadowy flames and blast everyone's mind with funny spells.

If you want to fight against a shadow priest, go somewhere where they aren't addicted to worshipping the Light.

Let me say this again.. clearer...

I fully accept that Holy DPS will not.. and should not be viable.

All I am saying is its pretty crappy to say so.. then release a boss that uses a "smite" rotation to kill you.

Some people want to use those spells to be viable DPS. There is really nothing wrong with that. If Blizzard doesn't want to do that, then it is their prerogative.

It is also crappy to say "Lightwell its fine, learn to play"... then incorporate a "Lightwell" into a boss fight... where the mobs do not have to run over.. .deselect their target...click the LW... and hope they don't get hit for 30% of their HP.

15+ Year Old Account

I assume the boss uses Smite and Holy Fire and that is what he is talking about.

I'm sure he'd be fine with it if it had different spell names and such, just try to understand what he is saying (he's usually a smart guy I listen to ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    I assume the boss uses Smite and Holy Fire and that is what he is talking about.

I'm sure he'd be fine with it if it had different spell names and such, just try to understand what he is saying (he's usually a smart guy I listen to ).
    Being the resident smite priest, in all honesty... the bigger kick to the crotch is Lightwell.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Indeed, I really liked Lightwell and miss it from early TBC days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Anything that reduces magic damage taken still works on Holy Damage, as does Magic Affinity, the OP Blood Elf racial of "spelldodge" for 2%.
    I clearly mentioned resistances on player sheet.

And really, spiritus, to preach about smite even when the case is closed.. why? Seriously, why? Can't you just let it go already, if you invested 20% of your energy to something else it'd be way better than to go on and on about something so old, boring and not unique anymore. It's dead, drop it.

Wow i'm a warlock just like Solarian was and Solarian could morph into a Void Walker. That shouldn't be allowed since I can't do it!
    I'm a Mage just like Aran and he can Mass Polymorph... That shouldn't be allowed since I can't do that!
    I'm a Priest just like Maiden of Virtue and she had uberleet Holy Fire... That shouldn't be allowed since I don't have one as good as that!

Ya see just because you have spells that are similar to ones bosses use doesn't mean you should be able to have exactly the same stuff! I understand that the game has changed from Vanilla. It used to be understood that better players had better gear and now everyone can easily have the same gear. However this does not take bosses and their spells into the same consideration!

Yes, I agree, I am not QQing or anything. But I do view this as a slap in the face from the GMs. From what I have observed, the Lightwell actually shoots out beams of light at the npcs within range and heals them, without them actually needing to click it.

But I do suppose that, with the current amount Lightwell heals, such implementation might seem to be overpowered at first, but the tradeoff is that since it automatically uses up the charges, the lightwell itself wouldnt last very long in the fight. And if the cooldown and the no. of charges were to remain unchanged, the priest cannot keep the lightwell up at all times. Such implementation however, would add a somewhat "new" tool to the holy priest's arsenal, and other healing classes might not be very happy about it..

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    when and where?

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Bosses that use holy magic is one thing, what i think the OP is getting at, is don't tell us we can't do holy dps., then make a boss, that uses OUR spells on us, they should have made the spells different.
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager
    Bosses that use holy magic is one thing, what i think the OP is getting at, is don't tell us we can't do holy dps., then make a boss, that uses OUR spells on us, they should have made the spells different.
    Ok, calling Ghostcrawler to tellhim this so he orders his minion developers to implement it in the game ASAP, since YOU said so and it makes SO much sense.