Thread: fire/ttw stats

fire/ttw stats

i did reroll a fire/ttw mage and i want to know which stats are most important

i know that hit until capped and then sp but i dont know which one is better haste or crit and why plz
    and how much crit worth haste,haste worth crit ???

Re: fire/ttw stats

jeez did you ever actually look at that talent build?
    crit ffs...
    oh and i think 1 crit rating translates to about 0.9 sth. haste

i did check the talent but most ppl say

for fire/ttw hit capped > sp > haste > crit
    i just want to know if thats right and how much haste worth crit

Math on elitist jerks seems to indicate that maybe crit has overtaken haste in value now with 3.2 and lb ticks giving hot streaks + mana back from ignite ticks.

Either way they are very very close. Just go with whatever is highest on the gear you can get and you should also get a good balance of the two.

k ty ;D

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Hit > Crit > SP > Haste = Spirit > Intellect = Stamina

That's about it

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi

That's about it
    Yup, that's the way to do it wrong.
    In any case, with how gear is itemized you get to choose between hit, haste, crit, and spirit. Depending on gear level and the levels of other stats, typically hit > haste = crit > spirit will be the approximate ranking of stat values that you have the option to choose from. Gemming for spellpower is (nearly) always optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi

That's about it
    o.O

You mean you take Crit over Spellpower?? Why on earth would you do that? Fireball has the best SP coefficient for mages, crit is nothing more than a secondary rating for mages, albeit an important one but not as important as SP.
    Always go for Hitrating until capped, then Spellpower. It used to be haste was a bit better than crit because of the high coefficiency of SP, now you should try and get more crit on the gear, haste is good enough until you reach about 12% faster casts i would say. Never gem or enchant for intellect or stamina though, if you dont want to waste gembonus for yellow go for sp/crit and for blue slots use sp/spirit, also the leg enchant should be the one with spirit and not stamina one.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSteakMmm
    Hit > SP > Crit.
    Not sure about Haste and Spirit.. Spirit is quite useful with the T8 2 set bonus. (I think it's 2).
    *t9 set bonus. and yes, it is the 2 piece.

hit (cap)>sp>haste>crit

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Draginclaw

1. hit till cap
    2. sp
    3. crit > haste, till [fire crit is] 25% without molten armor up.
    4. haste till fireball cast is <= 2.5 sec.

I agree. Get your crit up to a decent amount before worrying about haste. Personally, I still value crit over haste no matter what but that's just me. With FFB spec crit comes close to being more valuable than SP, but not quite I believe.

Something worth considering is that crit is more mana efficient than haste. Casting spells faster means you are eating more mana per second. Crits actually refund mana when specced fire. Of course if you never go OOM or have to use Evocation all this is irrelevant though.

Now I am running 480+ haste, but only have 25% Fire crit unbuffed

I keep up with our mages in ulduar no issues, but hell if i need to start looking back at Crit over Haste, then i have to change some stuff out again

So now Crit is > haste? for TTW/Fire?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh, please, are you implying that the majority of players on WoW are young, immature ... whiny ... um........ SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Grovian
    Now I am running 480+ haste, but only have 25% Fire crit unbuffed

I keep up with our mages in ulduar no issues, but hell if i need to start looking back at Crit over Haste, then i have to change some stuff out again

So now Crit is > haste? for TTW/Fire?
    Its a slippery slope once you get into it...

Generally speaking, a good amount of crit is once you hit 25% crit WITHOUT molten armor up. After that, get your fireball under 2.5 seconds cast.

Generally speaking, a good amount of haste is anything that puts your fireball under 2.5 seconds. After that stack SP and Crit.

See what I mean? Choose your path. Both options end up at the same place.

K so i am good then then , Crit is 25% unbuffed and Haste well, i am at 2.4 in our 25man
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh, please, are you implying that the majority of players on WoW are young, immature ... whiny ... um........ SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Grovian
    K so i am good then then , Crit is 25% unbuffed and Haste well, i am at 2.4 in our 25man
    Yep you're fine.