Poll: Do you want your old felhunter back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Where´s my dog at?

rofl..... blizzard hands down accepted locks and hunters are not represented enough in competitive pvp.....  I play pre made BG's  ftw......  I play old school tree/lock for the fun of it. But, a well played rogue and priest  attacking a lock in 2 v 2 is  face-rolling. If it is an afflic lock, the survivability is okie. Destros have to spam portal and run around like a chicken. In my case, the drood has to "heal, heal, heal " which leaves the priest all the time in the world to do whatever it wants... At the best, i can HoT, expecting a trinket, coil him, fear and dots .... in the meantime, dot the priest, mana burn.... buy drood some time to think.. Then you know what happens, rogue is gone. priest goes out of los, tries to drink. i will obv get the puppy on to him, rogue waits, saps... repeats. The trouble is, drood goes oom with priest mana burning and i cannot possibly take shit load of healing debuff and ask my mate to heal, heal heal. 24k hp isnt enough ? ( I am no pro, but i would appreciate if some1 corrects me)

You cannot argue a rogue vs lock in 1v1 or 2v2 (rogue & priest is the nightmare ) ....
    But, when it comes down to 3v3 , 5v5, there are more targets, more time, everything is bigger...
    After patch, i havnt done arena yet.
    Paranoia is out of the question hereafter to get to the discussion.. The old puppy will be op in 3v3 , 5v5 and in 2v2 also. Even in duel for that matter.
    IMO locks are the most fun class to play with against any other class just because of the class mechanics and how sharp you have to be throughout the battle.(there are face-rolling classes in pvp, dont you say nooo :P)

I would rather die with a tree and an owlkin in my team, than go RMP .. chop chop chop 2.5k rating.  you are missing all the fun
    Its how hard you fight and how worst you can make your opponent feel is what matters at the end Re-rolling is an individual choice. Imo, re-rolling from a lock to any other class is pure act of laziness not to try and understand the class .
    Casters have way more fun than melee even though melee is the king of wow pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    They have publicly indicated that this is not a good design practice and one they do not support. Yes, there are classes that are easier to kill than others, but the idea of a Counter Class is a bad idea for this type of a game.
    That's pretty much what it is, though, since they're not balancing based on 1v1.

All those talking about "nerfing stun make it impossible for rogues to level" is just wrong.

Its absolutly possible to nerf stun the same way they did with fear/banish. It just works for a small amout of time while used against other players.

So where is the big problem to implement the same to stun ?
    Set the max duration to 3 sec and include DR. DONE.

Balance is complete.
    Doesnt affect your leveling, you can still stunlock while leveling.

If you doesnt agree with it, which you probably does, how about this:

Make Unstable Affliction on removal from Cloak of Skillness do the same damage as on dispelling AND "silence" the rogue in that way that you CANT use any ability for 5 sec.

and

Chance Curse of Doom back to being applied to Players. On removal from decursing or cloak, it doesnt apply full damage but damage based on the time the curse was applied on the target.

[div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]

If you are using a felpup on a rogue you will get owned. Succi/VW is the way to go.

PS: Gem for spell pen and stop being bad. Of course attacking people with 130 restist will get you owned.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tariosus

Make Unstable Affliction on removal from Cloak of Skillness do the same damage as on dispelling AND "silence" the rogue in that way that you CANT use any ability for 5 sec.

and

Chance Curse of Doom back to being applied to Players. On removal from decursing or cloak, it doesnt apply full damage but damage based on the time the curse was applied on the target.

No and no. There is a difference between abilities and spells. Never before have I seen a silence for "abilities" and rightly so. Because it's stupid.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

What about PVE surivability? We don't want Rogues tanking Illidan again.
    I saw the vid of the rogue that solo tanked Gruul and they 5 manned the instance.

That was ridiculous.

Well first of all, there are no designed counter classes. Blizzard never tried to make counter classes. It just came from the players who said, it easy to kill a wl if you are playing a rogue, so the rogue is the WLs counter class. But thats wrong and the idea of counter classes is very stupid.

And for leveling a rogue...
    I don´t know which spec you play. But because you care so much about PvP I suggest you play mutilate. But if you are trying to tell me you need to stun your enemys in PvE to level a mutilate rogue, than you don´t even know how to play the rogue. Because of the new abillitys you are better off not to stun lock every enemy.
    Instead of:
    cheap shot -> rape -> rape -> kidney shot -> rape -> rape
    you might be beter off with putting the new buffs up like:
    Garrote -> Hunger for Blood -> Slice and Dice -> mutilate -> envenom.
    If you do so, you can stun rape the next 1 or 2 mobs even better but with Hunger for blood and Slice and Dice up you don´t need to stun rape the mobs.
    Belive me, this makes leveling much faster than just stun rape every mob.
    So please don´t tell me you need the stuns for pve...

It´s somehow very strange that it seems like only rogues complain here. If I were a caster, I would be more concerned about the extra spell resistance the old dog gave, than I am as a rogue because of paranoia. The old doggy is much harder for enemy casters because of the extra resi than for rogues because of paranoia.

edit:
    And please don´t tell me to use the trashbag in PvP. If I want to be a bubble boy, I reroll Pala or DK.
    How ever, the sukki became really good after WotLK when seduce could be skilled to be instant. But like Blizzard allways does, they nerfed it imediatly after some kiddies cryed them a river.

The main PvP ballance problem is still and will allways be, that blizzard doesn´t care about pvp ballance. They pretend they do, but they just pretend...
    If there is a class doing a little more damage in a crapy 5 man instance there will be imediatly a hot fix, but if one class rapes one or all other classes, they just don´t care. It took blizzard over 9 month to take mace stun bullshit out of the game. As if they didn´t notice before how overpowered it was. They just don´t care about pvp, cause they think: "We get our money because of pve, so why should we care about pvp? thats extra work...

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, qq thread IS qq.

I don´t know which spec you play. But because you care so much about PvP I suggest you play mutilate.
    I don't pvp. I'm not a rogue, I'm a warlock. I tried a Rogue to learn the class and counter it better as a Warlock. I played combat 1-64 and got tired of stunning things between blade flurry cooldowns. I played Mutilate 64-71 and retired my rogue. Yes, you rely on stuns less as mutilate. I don't wait for CD's on Kidney Shot and I don't always start in stealth, but doing so means less food and less bandaging. If you time it, killing 5 mobs in 25 seconds and eating/bandaging vs killing 5 mobs in 40 seconds, the slower kills work out better in the long run.

It´s somehow very strange that it seems like only rogues complain here.
    People care about multiple aspects of the game and won't submit to your whining and therefore must all play the class you're whining about. Makes perfect sense in bizarro world.

The main PvP ballance problem is still and will allways be, that blizzard doesn´t care about pvp ballance.
    Rant Incoming: Moderators - I don't do this often, so my apologies if it crosses the line.

What the fuck is your problem Honklock? A business provides a product you enjoy. Great! Guess what: it's not yours. That's right - you pay a subscription cost for a service, not a product. Your character? Theirs. The time you put into the game? Theirs. They have more of you than you do of them. And you're just one of 10 million other people in the exact same position. That epic weapon in your main hand? To you, thats hours of work grinding Argent Tourney rep or playing with 25 people and RNG to obtain it. At the end of the day, all that time was worth:

Player[Account Number].AddToInventory(ItemID);

That's it.

You come here and post this crap because if you did it on the official forums, they'd ban your ass in a very polite way of saying "GTFO asshole." The fact that they have the balls to tell you to go fuck yourself or blatantly ignore your bullshit whining about balance concerns says more about them than it does about you. Bitching that they don't care? They do care, and obviously more than you do because they worry about all three aspects (solo, raid, pvp) of all 10 classes. They worry that the spec is fun (tree form druid) and that leveling remains viable (5SR mana regen buff to lowbies) and that all classes have a viable PVP spec (Hunters and Warlocks are not there yet, but are getting close - and they admit this failing).

Then you show up and proclaim them to be heartless bastards for not doing something you want, or taking something away from legitimate concerns of 8 other classes and 9 other races. Take your bullshit tunnelvision and go play outside, or at least learn how the real world works.

Also, on behalf of Blizzard and at least half of this community, all of whom are too polite to do it themselves, go fuck yourself.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    dk pets are the best pets in the game... just throwing that in there... [= can't be killed (huddle) have a 2 sec stun on 20 sec cd (gnaw) can leap to target (aka no kiting) and can be sacrificed for a ton of health... instant summon 1 minute cd
    hero class.

KIDDING. Lol, yeah it's ridiculous that a non pure pet class has better pets all around than those who are balanced with them alive aka hunters and locks. Blizzard design at its best.

Couldn't have said it better myself, gherkin. I don't even know what the hell Honklock is going off about anymore.

This thread is completely misleading. I thought it was going to tell me where my dog is and here I come to find out it is a PvP QQ thread. :P

If you see my dog please call 867-5309 and ask for Jesse.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

what exactly are you guys whining about?
    Go destro.. you can kill almost anyone with your burst
    This user has been banned.

I don't think the old felpuppy would make warlocks op.
    I think the reason they nerfed it was that they wanted warlocks to choose the voidwalker sometimes, since we never used it before 3.0 (exept just to sacrefice which killed it).

Wow, qq thread IS qq.
    I don't pvp. I'm not a rogue, I'm a warlock. I tried a Rogue to learn the class and counter it better as a Warlock. I played combat 1-64 and got tired of stunning things between blade flurry cooldowns. I played Mutilate 64-71 and retired my rogue. Yes, you rely on stuns less as mutilate. I don't wait for CD's on Kidney Shot and I don't always start in stealth, but doing so means less food and less bandaging. If you time it, killing 5 mobs in 25 seconds and eating/bandaging vs killing 5 mobs in 40 seconds, the slower kills work out better in the long run.
    People care about multiple aspects of the game and won't submit to your whining and therefore must all play the class you're whining about. Makes perfect sense in bizarro world.
    Rant Incoming: Moderators - I don't do this often, so my apologies if it crosses the line.

What the fuck is your problem Honklock? A business provides a product you enjoy. Great! Guess what: it's not yours. That's right - you pay a subscription cost for a service, not a product. Your character? Theirs. The time you put into the game? Theirs. They have more of you than you do of them. And you're just one of 10 million other people in the exact same position. That epic weapon in your main hand? To you, thats hours of work grinding Argent Tourney rep or playing with 25 people and RNG to obtain it. At the end of the day, all that time was worth:

Player[Account Number].AddToInventory(ItemID);

That's it.

You come here and post this crap because if you did it on the official forums, they'd ban your ass in a very polite way of saying "GTFO asshole." The fact that they have the balls to tell you to go fuck yourself or blatantly ignore your bullshit whining about balance concerns says more about them than it does about you. Bitching that they don't care? They do care, and obviously more than you do because they worry about all three aspects (solo, raid, pvp) of all 10 classes. They worry that the spec is fun (tree form druid) and that leveling remains viable (5SR mana regen buff to lowbies) and that all classes have a viable PVP spec (Hunters and Warlocks are not there yet, but are getting close - and they admit this failing).

Then you show up and proclaim them to be heartless bastards for not doing something you want, or taking something away from legitimate concerns of 8 other classes and 9 other races. Take your bullshit tunnelvision and go play outside, or at least learn how the real world works.

Also, on behalf of Blizzard and at least half of this community, all of whom are too polite to do it themselves, go fuck yourself.
    Yeah Blizzard fanboy inc.
    So now you ran out of arguments and start insulting me. How weak.

But at leatst you seem to belive that bullshit, that the guy who writes the blue notes say.
    When you finished school and go to work, you maybe will know something about how to keep people paying for your service with only promissing a lot but never doing anything.

But what are you actually trying to tell me?
    You leveld a rogue to lvl 72 just to know how thier mechanics work and to be better at fighting against them?
    Lol, made my day. Do you have a real life? Cause if thats true, you must be a really pathetic person.
    I actually belive that your lil rogue gets beat up all the time by any class. So now you saw this thread and now YOU ARE CRYING because you think,"OMG if the WLs get paranoia again, then I can´t even kill WLs and have to delet my rogue".

And yes, Blizz cares so much about PvP. So much that they needed 9 month to nerf mace stun or letting WLs beeing free Kills since the patch before WotLK.

See, if you actually think PvP ballance is fine and think Blizzard is doing a good job, why do you even care about this post?
    If you really belive this crap, than why don´t just ignore this post? You might just think, "oh another wl QQing. Thanks god, that I know how to play my WL and that blizzard doesn´t care about thier customers unless a class is doing more damage in pve than another class".
    But you come here and start to cry, that a rogue can´t kill a wl with paranoia (which is actually really rediculous!) and as you ran out of arguments you start to insult me like a lil retard.
    Btw, your arguments are really rediculous too. 1. you tried to tell us that a rogue couldn´t lvl his char, if the wls got paranoia back. Than you said, a rogue can´t sap a wl in 5vs5 with paranoia, cause he get´s killed by the 4 others on his team, because of paranoia, but you miss the fact that right now a rogue can just rape a wl and think that this is ballanced.

I don´t belive that you are playing a wl at all. You prolly just say that to fool the readers and make them belive you have a point, than just thinking that you are a rogue that don´t even know how to kill wls and see your posts as rogue QQ. But thats all I can read from you. Just the QQ and insults of a badly played rogue. So you come up with "Blizz has to care about every aspect of the game...". Shure if we got back the old felhunter, we would be so overpowered. We would do 8000% more dmg in pve, we would just log in as a lvl 1 char and imediatly become lvl 80 just because of paranoia, and we would rape every class in pvp, specialy DKs and noobstorming Warris...

Kid you are so full of bullshit.
    But please continue your rogue QQ. Laughing is very healthy. So please do go on...

15+ Year Old Account

My contributions here and the respect of several hundred people on this forums mean I don't have to try and defend myself against this. But I will clarify a few things about arguing on the internet:

Insisting I play a <class you hate> and that came here to cry and in fact lie about everything does not make me seem stupid. See Ad Hominem Circumstantial
    Resorting to time honored age discrimination without proof does not insult me in the slightest. See Ad Hominem Abusive
    Attempting to say that making Rogues useless in 5v5 is acceptable because they get to rape Warlocks 1v1 does not make you seem intelligent. See Sirlin's articles on Multiplayer Game Design, links are at the right (Best of Sirlin.net)

Regardless, I got trolled. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    This thread is completely misleading. I thought it was going to tell me where my dog is and here I come to find out it is a PvP QQ thread. :P

If you see my dog please call 867-5309 and ask for Jesse.
    Pure win.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

I just got 3 people asking about the sirlin link, so here's the information I am referring to:

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/balan...finitions.html

A multiplayer game is balanced if a reasonably large number of options available to the player are viable--especially, but not limited to, during high-level play by expert players.

--Sirlin, December 2001
    Viable Options: Lots of meaningful choices presented to the player. For depth’s sake, they are presented within a context that allows the player to use strategy to make those choices.
    Fairness: Players of equal skill have an equal chance at winning even though they might start the game with different sets of options / moves / characters / resources / etc.
    Fairness, in the context I’m using it here, refers to each player having an equal chance of winning even though they might start the game with different options. In Street Fighter, each character has different moves, in StarCraft each race has different units, and in World of Warcraft, each arena team has different classes, talent builds, and gear. Somehow, all of these very different sets of options must be fair against each other.

I want to stress that I am only talking about options that you’re locked into as the game starts. That’s a very important distinction. Options that open up after a game starts do not necessarily have to be fair against each other at all.
    A Rogue vs Warlock 1v1 is unfair. A Rogue vs Warlock in a 5v5 context is unfair, but is also unfair when the "Warlock" team instead has a Human <anything> or an Engineer with an epic helm. Thus the difference is not a choice between Rogue > Warlock and Warlock > Rogue, but a choice between Warlock/Human/Engineer > Rogue and Rogue > Warlock. Yes, I play a warlock, and yes its unfair as the above quotes indicate, but it is LESS unfair to buff the rogue.

I hope this makes sense to people. If not, and you can post nicely, I would be more than happy to continue this discussion.

R.I.P. YARG

anyone else notice he said grind my gears like the family guy episode xD

Quote Originally Posted by sah303136
    anyone else notice he said grind my gears like the family guy episode xD
    Although that was a funny episode, where do you think the creators of Family Guy got the term? It's a common expression that just not as common as it used to be.

Same way as, "You know what really chaps my hide?"

Those sayings are the bees knees!

never realized it was an old expression