Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What dp you think of our 3.2 dps

Overall not including trash since patch is live, do u think your dps has gone op or down? I can't 100% tell yet but i think it went up. Heres a recount ss from 10 man hm hodir last night, seems like thats 1k over what i used to do. Post any recounts or wol etc and express your opinions!

Re: What dp you think of our 3.2 dps

Hodir is a probably one of the worst fights to judge DPS on. The randomness of the pillars, power surge and flash freeze loc's mean that you can't reasonably compare one week to the next.

Not trying to crush your feelings because I am sure that you are very proud of doing 10k on Hodir but its just not a realistic benchmark.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Didn't have a working recount last night, but according to omen my TPS is higher than it normally is, so I'm assuming there's a net dps gain.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Hodir is a probably one of the worst fights to judge DPS on. The randomness of the pillars, power surge and flash freeze loc's mean that you can't reasonably compare one week to the next.

Not trying to crush your feelings because I am sure that you are very proud of doing 10k on Hodir but its just not a realistic benchmark.
    On fights like Hodir we also dont have to switch targets, thus we see an increase of DPS. On fights like Freya, we lose net DPS.

Grats, but posting Hodir dps is just bad...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Killed the first boss in ToC today ended up with abouts 4,8k cause of the deadtime between the tossers, had about 5,5k on the magnataur tho, was on fifth place. Doing ulduar now been going pretty good here also it seems to me my dps went up, ramptime is a bit long tho. switched to SoC for like thorim arena and mimiron p3, mimiron i was 4th on 5k dps overall(no flask or food slackraid) didnt use to stand a chance against dks etc but it seems better now

I also judged a 14k vengeance on the behemoth, heavy!

Well would u say mages out dps us still or no? Wierd question i know but i must know!

dont think we will outdps good mages but some fights i did. Aslong as i dont feel useless (better to bring another rogue than me) im happy

I'd have to say it is definitely a net increase for bosses in general, though of course not on gimmicky fights like freya.

I was able to put out some good dps on the Trial of the Crusader encounter that blizzard released even with target switching, you just have to pay attention to your stacks.

My unholy dps went down about 300-400 not too monumental ill probably just respec blood and try that out

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DeAtHsCrEeM
    My unholy dps went down about 300-400 not too monumental ill probably just respec blood and try that out
    Depends on what your Armor Pen is at

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Depends on what your Armor Pen is at
    o yea ur very right..and its horrible..but with my crap gear i dont think it matters what i spec

15+ Year Old Account

o yea ur very right..and its horrible..but with my crap gear i dont think it matters what i spec
    You'll pull off more DPS as UH with less ArP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    You'll pull off more DPS as UH with less ArP gear.
    what do u think is the best uh spec is now in 3.2

15+ Year Old Account

what do u think is the best uh spec is now in 3.2
    Depends on your gear. If you check under the DK forums they'll have more info than I. If you cant find anyhting there, though feel free to PM me.

I had a bit of a play last night. My impressions/results:

-DPS on Boss level dummy up from 3600ish to 4100ish (seal + BoM + ret aura as only buffs, positioning to not affect another dummy with cons or DS)
    -Raid DPS up by a fair bit. Will not make a full conclusion here until General Vezax as it's a tank/spank for ret. That being said, about 5.5-6k DPS in ToC25 over the 3 bosses, 7k on Kologarn (bit of a gimmick fight but my best there has only been about 6-6.2k before 3.2, adds not tanked near melee obv so minimal aoe except for the arms) and about 6.6k on Auriaya. These are up I would estimate by about 10% compared to previous raid logs.
    -Rotation, while still FCFS for the most part, with the 4sec CS means there's actually a bit of thought in the rotation. I could see a gap opening between a good ret and a bad ret here.
    -Minimal amounts of GCD's. I found it a little hard to slot DP in around my mana level, had to basically bang it in my rare moments of a spare GCD so I had mana without losing DPS.

Overall, I'm impressed for PvE. Haven't tried PvP yet, but I rarely PvP anyway unless it's world PvP and I have enough gear to be bad at it and still usually win anyway :P

Only thing that concerns me is the ramp-up time is quite steep, I'll report back as to how badly this affects me for Freya and Yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist

-Rotation, while still FCFS for the most part, with the 4sec CS means there's actually a bit of thought in the rotation. I could see a gap opening between a good ret and a bad ret here.
    I disagree here, it's still the same FCFS-faceroll rotation it's been for Wrath. >_>

I haven't gotten a chance to actually test Ret in a raid setting yet (my guild raids on the weekends), and Test Dummy results aren't really worth considering so I'm not sure what to think yet. I can imagine I'll be using SoR on a few fights this weekend, particularly Yogg on Phase one and two.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohk
    I disagree here, it's still the same FCFS-faceroll rotation it's been for Wrath. >_>

I haven't gotten a chance to actually test Ret in a raid setting yet (my guild raids on the weekends), and Test Dummy results aren't really worth considering so I'm not sure what to think yet. I can imagine I'll be using SoR on a few fights this weekend, particularly Yogg on Phase one and two.
    If you drop a CS or 2 in the wrong spot there's potential for a half-decent chunk of DPS to be dropped with it. Yes it's FCFS, yes you can faceroll and still do "OK", but the change in CS means that the "rotation" (if you can call a ~40sec sequence a rotation :P ) is much more fast paced than the pre 3.2 FCFS and an "OK" player will most likely drop an attack/hit the wrong one occasionally bumping CS back enough to affect DPS.

Also, after playing around on the dummys, I wouldn't use SoR in Ulduar. Over a 1min period I showed about a 700dps loss going to SoR over Vengeance, and I also had a play with stop/starts on dummys to compare the amount of time required for Vengeance to come out in front. I can't remember the EJ theorycrafting or their figures, but my inaccurate testing makes me think that if your mob is going to last for 8-10sec or more, use Vengeance.

I will be honest, I didn't try anything yet but a Target Dummy. And I wasn't disappointed, AT ALL. As a matter of fact I was happy due the thought we're gonna be bad but guess we're not.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    I will be honest, I didn't try anything yet but a Target Dummy. And I wasn't disappointed, AT ALL. As a matter of fact I was happy due the thought we're gonna be bad but guess we're not.
    Test dummies don't force you to switch targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist
    If you drop a CS or 2 in the wrong spot there's potential for a half-decent chunk of DPS to be dropped with it. Yes it's FCFS, yes you can faceroll and still do "OK", but the change in CS means that the "rotation" (if you can call a ~40sec sequence a rotation :P ) is much more fast paced than the pre 3.2 FCFS and an "OK" player will most likely drop an attack/hit the wrong one occasionally bumping CS back enough to affect DPS.

Also, after playing around on the dummys, I wouldn't use SoR in Ulduar. Over a 1min period I showed about a 700dps loss going to SoR over Vengeance, and I also had a play with stop/starts on dummys to compare the amount of time required for Vengeance to come out in front. I can't remember the EJ theorycrafting or their figures, but my inaccurate testing makes me think that if your mob is going to last for 8-10sec or more, use Vengeance.
    Hes using SoR on multiple targets, which is where SoV falls short (due to the Seal damage only hitting targets that have a DoT on them).