Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: What class is currently worse than DK in PVP?

ret paladin :P

welcome to game balance dk class hero
    afks - tichondrius

Hero classes tears !

Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat

...we win games by baiting opponents and separating there healer from their dps or doing a quick swap and chaining gnaw-strangulate-fear on someone to get a kill. This takes absurd amounts of coordination to do because my class isnt a ret paladin...
    Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah. You're a funny guy! Absurb amounts of coordination. Ahahahaha.

We have an aoe fear that lasts 8 seconds on a 30 minute cooldown
    I know you meant 30 seconds, but I just wanted to point this out since you had a go at someone for spelling. You're obviously much brighter. Go you!

No infinite mana pool like a druid or protheal
    Wait, what? Do you as a DK run out of mana? Or is it your priest having a hard time getting away to drink because you can't chains of ice the opponents fast enough? Or it is the opposing healers who just sit down for a drink while the ghoul, who now has resilience, just looks in awe?

I quite enjoy these DK tears, I hope it's what tier 9 is made of.

I know you're gonna go mental and flame me now since you made it obvious with your previous post that you're just looking to make it personal, but I can handle it. Go on

Quote Originally Posted by Toradora
    Looks more like an orc to me to be honest....
    That would constitute being a failure as a troll IMO, and speedboats don't make good helicopters.

The funny thing is, when I cast my heals I actually go "LOLHOTSTRAVELFORMLOLINFINITEMANALOLMANARESETLOL HOTSTRAVELFORMLOLLOSHEALSLOLCAPSLOCKLOLLOLOL". It helps me concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Asse69
    Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah. You're a funny guy! Absurb amounts of coordination. Ahahahaha.
    more coordination than LOLCYCLONE SPAM CANT DISPEL IT ROFL KEK 11 seconds of straight CC every 15 seconds when the DR is up! while your warrior tunnel visions the healer to mana war victory. So skilled. Going for a kill once every 30 seconds, making sure your priest can get away from the warrior to get near the druid to fear, baiting the warrior behind LoS of his feared healer, and watching the druid as a melee class when he comes back to make sure you face him for an immediate focus strangulate, one chance to kill every 2 minutes, is harder than LOLCYCLOWNED INFINITE MANA INSTANT HEALS I DONT HAVE TO LEARN TO FAKE CAST ROFL TRAVEL FORM to victory. Sorry, but it is. Maybe not as hard a comp to play as something like ele sham priest, but you are kidding yourself if you think any druid heal or protheal + melee class takes skill or at least more skill than a non sigiled death knight + priest comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Asse69
    Wait, what? Do you as a DK run out of mana? Or is it your priest having a hard time getting away to drink because you can't chains of ice the opponents fast enough? Or it is the opposing healers who just sit down for a drink while the ghoul, who now has resilience, just looks in awe?
    What... are you talking about... Rogues, Ret Paladins, Enhancement Shamans, Warlocks, DKs, and Warriors all essentially have infinite resources, I don't even know why you would think I was implying that I had mana or that it would even matter. A priest goes oom faster than any other healer aside from a pre 3.2 resto shaman being focused. Resto shamans still possibly run oom if you avoid ever hitting them, but at least they are invincible now despite interruptable lesser waves.

Today in a fight vs druid DK, I had a druid wrathspam at my pet for 12 seconds, taking him to 15% hp before I even realized how fast my pet was dying and huddled it so my priest could penance it. The whole time the warrior tunnel visioned my priest through chains of ice spam and the druid had to pop innervate after my priest had already blown pet because apparently swapping to a new target as soon as my target gets hotted up doesnt put out enough pressure with almost full furious gear to dent a druids mana. Focus target chains spam to no avail, warrior still had great uptime on my priest to force mana loss thanks to the wonders of mortal strike.

But I would like to see your priest get away from a warrior and fairy firing travelform druid on ring of valor. My priest got intercepted by a warrior on the ground when get got on a pillar as it rose up. True story. We lost that match because i blew deathgrip pulling the warrior off the pillar to let him drink the first time, and he skillfully mortal striked and bladestormed by priest to victory why the druid hotted up and sprinted away in travel form, with immense amounts of coordination. I even was going to blow strangulate a second time and gnaw to keep the druid from moonfiring my priest out of a drink, so we could reset and MAYBE win the mana war. Too bad you can apparently intercept anyone from anywhere on that map, but hey, at least i can disconnect one of my enemies once every 30 games by chains of icing people right as the platform rises, they still havent fixed that wad of bullshit or the pet bugs (which are actually worse now).

Intercept, Charge, Heroic Throw, and a druid that can travel form out of chains of ice and fairy fire my priest out of a drink. Yea, life is easy when you can just CHAINS OF ICE LOL INORITE.

Good thing innervate still restores a full mana bar +- 10% to a resto druid with half the cooldown.

Obliterate is actually out damaging scourge strike in both pve and pvp unholy builds with 20% armor pen. People are starting to realize this and more and more people are using unholy specs without scourge strike. Way to go blizzard, the signature strike for an unholy build = worthless for all scenarios. This will get fixed, but it is fucking stupid that it even happened in the first place. Shadowfrost v 2.0 without the OP means it will take months for them to fix the problem. I guess I should have jumped on the bandwagon in 3.0 and ran a shadowfrost holy paladin comp and facerolled to glad instead of playing a non unholy build and actually trying to have some semblance of skill. Definitely not getting rewarded for my avoidance of easymode comps and specs, thats for sure.

On the bright side, gearing my warlock for a wizard cleave will be hella easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvo
    Serious question, justify your answers.

OH YOU DEFALLY DESERVE A BAN

Now that rets are nerfed, they are in the same boat. disc / ret used to be a pretty hot comp that required timing and coordination of burst from the priest and crowd control to get kills much like unholy + disc. neither of the classes are allowed to 2v2 with priests or shamans now. thanks to doing almost sub warrior-level damage without the awesome benefits of mortal strike.
    We are doing quite a bit less damage than warriors now. I'm in the same boat as you with the shoulders, too. Apparently nobody else in this thread plays the game or even reads patch notes.

I'll have to check out some rets though, I have a very hard time believing they are worse off than us. My 3k-4k SS crits disgusted me to the point that I'm wondering if a switch dual wield frost will be better so I can try to autoattack people to death.

I don't understand what capability Blizzard thinks we have now to kill any competent player of any class. Maybe I still need to see how everybody else's damage was nerfed (lol?) in line with ours.

they removed 2s anyway. dks will still have insane utility (read: chains of ice) in the upper brackets to be just fine even if their damage is now on par with that of other classes
    afks - tichondrius

On the bright side, gearing my warlock for a wizard cleave will be hella easy.
    i foresee huge walls of text on the warlock forums once you start playing an outdated comp and realize it's not as faceroll as you think
    afks - tichondrius

The classes that are currently worse:
    -Warrior
    -Druid
    -Warlock
    -Rogue
    -Paladin
    -Shaman
    -Hunter
    -Priest
    -Mage

ITT: People who absolutely suck in PvP and play a faceroll class (deathknights, Paladins) and lack ANY PvP skills,and can't kill anything anymore because their class now requires some skill.

first of all what aspect of pvp? bgs or arena?
    second of all what role? dps survivability cc control
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

What's wrong with us? =P

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Quote Originally Posted by nucz0r
    What's wrong with us? =P
    Log in, find a furious geared healer (or any class wearing mail or plate for that matter), duel them, and come back and let us know.

MS classes doing slightly less damage than Rets and DKs is fine. Rets and DKs rely on burst in short windows to get kills.

MS classes doing slightly more damage than Rets and DKs is not fine. MS classes are now the only classes that can solo kill a healer in under 9863423 hours.

This forces DKs and Rets into cleave teams. Cleave teams that everyone already joined because they are easy to play. Cleave teams that casters and leather classes hate. Cleave teams that skilled players hate. Cleave teams that steal glad titles and rating from more skilled teams that rely on coordination to get kills rather than tunnel visioning the lowest armor target/healer with a mortal strike effect and gibbing them in the first 2 minutes.

Those cleave teams. Rets and DKs must now join them if they hope to perform at their best. Blizzard has made a terrible choice promoting this type of comp in LOL SUPER BALANCED 3v3.

Oh, and Wizard cleave is not faceroll. That is why I plan to play it. It is, however, still viable. 2v2 as a DK without completely regearing and relearning strats with a Priest, is not. Trying to kill protheals and druids is an absolute joke now, unless you count a 15 minute game until the enemy healer goes oom a legit kill.

I am also interested in how it is apparently OK for Frost Mages, Hunters, Rogues, and Warriors to put out such obscene pressure with mortal strike effects while it is not ok for Scourge Strike to crit for 5k.

because we have to set up the damage? you just hit a button lol frost mages have to have someone in a frost nova, hunters... don't know what pressure you're talking about, warriors with arp are just ridiculous... rogues really? if you want to complain about rogue damage never use chains of ice again i think that would be fair
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

ninjas and pirates are by far the worst class in arena. i see them all the time in pve and even in bgs but i have yet to see one in an arean. there represention is like 0 in all brackets and all ranks.

forced to run cleave eh? you do realize that the same dks that are "forced" to run cleave now would be running cleave anyway if they still had the old damage.

also, there's a reason they took out 2v2. if dk/ret non-ms damage was viable in 2s with a healer, any dk/ret team + MS in 3s put out retarded pressure. blizz has just chosen to make 3s (always been a far better bracket anyway) more playable at the expense of 2s
    afks - tichondrius

and i'm pretty sure you're argument about cleaves can be applied to RMP also, which has been a viable and top comp since what season 3?