Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Epic even Epic anymore???

I was wondering if any ppl out there actually remember when that "one" epic felt "epic." For me, it was in vanilla wow when i was at lvl 60 and tanking Onyxia. I just so happened to win the tier 2 helm. It was at 6am, even though i had to wake up in 2hrs for work and stayed up all night with only about 1hr worth of sleep. Now in days i can be up for 30mins and get a new epic on any of my toons. Just wanted to know who can share some thoughts on your one epic item that just was worth it....

*i also know there are hard modes for epics but this is not the case...just want to hear who knows what it feels like to raid back in the day.

Re: Is Epic even Epic anymore???

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnk311
    I was wondering if any ppl out there actually remember when that "one" epic felt "epic." For me, it was in vanilla wow when i was at lvl 60 and tanking Onyxia. I just so happened to win the tier 2 helm. It was at 6am, even though i had to wake up in 2hrs for work and stayed up all night with only about 1hr worth of sleep. Now in days i can be up for 30mins and get a new epic on any of my toons. Just wanted to know who can share some thoughts on your one epic item that just was worth it....

*i also know there are hard modes for epics but this is not the case...just want to hear who knows what it feels like to raid back in the day.
    i remember raidin rallos zek in planes of time....

oh wait. different game.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18680007792&sid=1&pageNo=4#74

Does anyone have the "Not this shit again!" picture to post?
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Thank you!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Its more fun. you dont have to worry that you lost a roll for that 1 epic anymore. 5 man totc is rofl ! nice way to make new ppl get ready for IC. But on the other leg, I bought my T6 helm after wotlk for 2k gold when i lost my roll after killing archie. It was an amazing lock helm indeed. Its epix, purple etc etc

I actually just think of it as "gear"

IF you ignore the color and just think that "ITS ALL GEAR"...life would be easier

15+ Year Old Account

M8, everybody understands it wrong. It might be easy to get epics, but it's hard to get the good epics. When more than 50% of all raiding guilds can go farm hard modes in Ulduar, then I would agree with you, but there is still items out there less than 100 players have. Those are the real epics.

No, and it hasn't been for like 2 years.

lmao @ losing sleep over virtual stats
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

Nop its not. its just plain gear in the World of clones.

Being Vanilla "Epic" will never, ever, happen again.

So just forget it. From now on it will always be the next patch, or the next expansion. Just accept it.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

ez fix. make the next raid drop legendarys and make them hard to get. and then legendary is the new standard.

/gamesetmatch

15+ Year Old Account

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Grindfreak
    I get it!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Scogan
    ^this. mod, plz delete this thread, or throw it in the pile with all the 5 billion others.

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 04:23:20 am »
    Nop its not. its just plain gear in the World of clones.
    quote by zenarius

dude i see you all over this forum fucking hining aboutr this ir that...yet you still play.....stop whining about things that dont even fucking concern you or

GTFO

no

/thread
    My Achievement-Site

Click for my Armory

Enhancer are like ventilators. You can easily turn them off (CC), but you should never put your head right into them while they are keep running.

Btw... I guess the OP has not seen these threads popping up the last few months here.

To the thread:

- Yes many people feel that way. Anyone in greens on blues is pitied nowdays, as in couple of days you will be in epic. I think a new item differentiation would not be bad, something between Epic and Legendary.

- If you really want to push yourself to differentiate level 80 epics, check gemslots (the better/hardmode items have more) as well as basic stats to see which is better item if you compare items on characters.

For those that can only post facepalm posts, get hold of yourselves please... I guess you are all on PVP servers trying to gank lone players and think the game is great if 5 players can surround and gib a lone one.

but there is still items out there less than 100 players have. Those are the real epics.
    Yes, it would be nice to differentiate those, but with the new 3.2 patch these items now become obsolete, even hardmode Ulduar items will be replaced with normal 25 man raid 3.2 "simple" instance loot.