Thread: Raiding macros

Raiding macros

i was just wondering what kind of raiding macros people use

Re: Raiding macros

Really depends on your class. I raid as a Holy Paladin and use macros to cast Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield on my focus target, so I don't have to re-target when I buff and can track the durations better.

Just realized this was in Warrior not General... sorry and editing.

What spec are you?

I would *not* recommend macro'ing in Heroic Strike with other abilities, some (bad) Warriors do it and it's not good. I'm sure somebody will suggest it but definitely do not macro it in with anything else.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbobubblin
    Really depends on your class. I raid as a Holy Paladin and use macros to cast Beacon of Light and Sacred Shield on my focus target, so I don't have to re-target when I buff and can track the durations better.

Just realized this was in Warrior not General... sorry and editing.

What spec are you?

I would *not* recommend macro'ing in Heroic Strike with other abilities, some (bad) Warriors do it and it's not good. I'm sure somebody will suggest it but definitely do not macro it in with anything else.
    i raid as fury and so far just have the slam macro the one where it will only use it if its instant

the slam macro the one where it will only use it if its instant
    if you are referring to the one with stopcast in it, don't use that as that will also cancel a HS if it's queued.

best to just use an addon like eventalert to tell you when to use it and just move a tad if you accidentally cast it when its not procc'ing.

the only main macro have is a target macro for when I need to home in on a specific mob, eg evokers in the thorim fight.

To cancel slamm when you use bloodsurge proc too late resulting on the cast of a normal slam that requieres manual cancelling:

/cast Slam
    /Stopcasting

When I'm arms I use this for fast switching if the situation requires it:

/equipslot 16 [1h weapon]
    /equipslot 17 [shield]
    /equipslot 16 [2h'er]

And some targetting + icon placement macro:

This one for instantly marking Freya adds

/tar Storm Lasher
    /run if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")~=5 then SetRaidTarget("target",5)end
    /tar Ancient Water Spirit
    /run if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")~=2 then SetRaidTarget("target",2)end