Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Honestly, I dont see why you can't kill the prot? As the priest you just need to dps, and dispell sacred shield. A prot pally has to cast, you have a rogue with stuns/gouge/kick/blind/garrote all which can interupt a heal. Force the bubble, atk from behind so you cant be blocked, and lock that pally down. If the priest is doing damage to the pally while the rogue is on him, he will bubble.

    He has 2 cooldowns that will realy do anything vs your kick, one of them is bubble, you just dispell it right away, the second is aura mastery on a 2 min cooldown that you can stun lock, blind or MC him through its durration. Thats it, once those are gone you have two min to just have fun with the prot. Where he should never even get a healer off. Unless the dps is just owning your face I dont see why you can burst the pally down. And shadow fiend hits for like 700+ at least.

    Thats the best you can do vs a prot, is lock it down. If you dont lock it down you cant win. So you realy only have the choice of killing the prot pally and you have to do it before your rogue uses all his cooldowns.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  2. #22

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Honestly, I dont see why you can't kill the prot? As the priest you just need to dps, and dispell sacred shield. A prot pally has to cast, you have a rogue with stuns/gouge/kick/blind/garrote all which can interupt a heal. Force the bubble, atk from behind so you cant be blocked, and lock that pally down. If the priest is doing damage to the pally while the rogue is on him, he will bubble.

    He has 2 cooldowns that will realy do anything vs your kick, one of them is bubble, you just dispell it right away, the second is aura mastery on a 2 min cooldown that you can stun lock, blind or MC him through its durration. Thats it, once those are gone you have two min to just have fun with the prot. Where he should never even get a healer off. Unless the dps is just owning your face I dont see why you can burst the pally down. And shadow fiend hits for like 700+ at least.

    Thats the best you can do vs a prot, is lock it down. If you dont lock it down you cant win. So you realy only have the choice of killing the prot pally and you have to do it before your rogue uses all his cooldowns.
    Sacred Shield is instant cast with no cooldown and rarely comes off in one dispel. If I'm dispelling, I'm not DPSing. When the Paladin bubbles, if Mass Dispel resists, it's game over, you lose. And we all know how often Mass Dispel resists.
    You also aren't factoring in HoJ on the Rogue and Avenger Shield on the Priest.
    Rogues require both Vanish and Preparation to completely lock a Protadin down for a short time, after they're gone the chance of getting a kill drastically decreases.

    Common comps are Protadin/Death Knight, Protadin/Warrior, and Protadin/Warlock.

    Against Protadin/Death Knight, you don't have the time needed to get a kill before the Death Knight grips your Rogue off and goes into CoI spam mode, even assuming they're bad and let you get a sap off. Once the CC is gone, any time you try to gear near the Protadin you'll be CoI'd or gripped into a desecrate.

    Against Protadin/Warrior, the Warrior can't be CC'd aside from Blind and a fear after zerker rage is down. If you attempt to blow up the Protadin, the Warrior will just charge your Rogue and disarm/hamstring/fear (gogo fear ward) him while the Paladin runs away with Freedom.

    Against Protadin/Warlock, you have a slightly better chance than other comps, but the Priest's DPS is required to get a kill. Unfortunately, if the Priest isn't LoSing and dispelling, it's at a high risk of being killed by the Warlock. I know we, as well as another team, have a lot of close games with Prot/Warlock where the Priest or the Protadin lives with something like 5% health when the other dies.


    However, important to note, if played intelligently none of these Protadins will die. The key to killing a Protadin is the Mass Dispel not resisting. If the Protadin tosses a shield at the Priest with the bubble, you have no chance of winning, it gets 3 seconds of free casting and your cooldowns are used.

  3. #23

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    If you dont dispell that sacred shield on a prot you lose. One flashheal crit for 10k that has a 10k dot ticking on the pally is a surefire way not to kill him. You MUST dispell it, or you just asking to get healed through. Not dpsing is worth getting rid of a 50% crit chance on flash heal and a dot that heals just as much as the flash heal. If he recast sacred shield he is buring a universal cooldown that he isnt healing with, and thus he has no healing output at all. Just dispell it again, he is losing right there are he is taking damage and not healing at all. Cast your dispell twice or more if you have to but get it off.

    Without sacred shield prot can only cast. With sacred shield they got a huge hot and a 3k+ shield every 8 seconds.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  4. #24

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    If you dont dispell that sacred shield on a prot you lose. One flashheal crit for 10k that has a 10k dot ticking on the pally is a surefire way not to kill him. You MUST dispell it, or you just asking to get healed through. Not dpsing is worth getting rid of a 50% crit chance on flash heal and a dot that heals just as much as the flash heal. If he recast sacred shield he is buring a universal cooldown that he isnt healing with, and thus he has no healing output at all.

    Without sacred shield prot can only cast. With sacred shield they got a huge hot and a 3k+ shield every 8 seconds.
    A Protadin won't die from a Rogue alone, the Priest's DPS is required to get a kill. If the Priest is spam dispelling, the Protadin isn't going to die before it's partner is able to peel the Rogue off. You also have to factor in dispel resistance. I rarely get the shield off on the first dispel.

  5. #25

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    I agree that a rogue cant kill a prot alone, BUT if your dispelling his shield, the rogue can kill the prot pally. Is your rogue using mind numbing? And like i said in my post above your pet does do allot of damage, pluss your dots. if he is dispelling and sacred shield all day long he has NO heals inc on him at all.

    Your just saying that things cant happen, i'm showing you how they can and i've displayed proof. Unless you can tell me how the pally can sacred shield, dispell, and heal all at the same time? He can get 2 flash heals at MOST durring a stun when he uses it on your rogue, with wound and MN up he should get no more then 6k hp even with crits.

    You have your rogue duel any prot pally without that pally using his sacred shield and see if the pally can live.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  6. #26

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    I agree that a rogue cant kill a prot alone, BUT if your dispelling his shield, the rogue can kill the prot pally. Is your rogue using mind numbing? And like i said in my post above your pet does do allot of damage, pluss your dots. if he is dispelling and sacred shield all day long he has NO heals inc on him at all.

    Your just saying that things cant happen, i'm showing you how they can and i've displayed proof. Unless you can tell me how the pally can sacred shield, dispell, and heal all at the same time? He can get 2 flash heals at MOST durring a stun when he uses it on your rogue, with wound and MN up he should get no more then 6k hp even with crits.

    You have your rogue duel any prot pally without that pally using his sacred shield and see if the pally can live.
    Rogue class hero fo sho.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  7. #27

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by Erasure
    Rogue class hero fo sho.
    I had read that and laughed my ass off :-D
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  8. #28

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    I agree that a rogue cant kill a prot alone, BUT if your dispelling his shield, the rogue can kill the prot pally. Is your rogue using mind numbing? And like i said in my post above your pet does do allot of damage, pluss your dots. if he is dispelling and sacred shield all day long he has NO heals inc on him at all.

    Your just saying that things cant happen, i'm showing you how they can and i've displayed proof. Unless you can tell me how the pally can sacred shield, dispell, and heal all at the same time? He can get 2 flash heals at MOST durring a stun when he uses it on your rogue, with wound and MN up he should get no more then 6k hp even with crits.

    You have your rogue duel any prot pally without that pally using his sacred shield and see if the pally can live.
    You aren't factoring the Protadin's partner peeling.
    In a best case scenario, you have roughly 20 seconds to drop the Protadin from 100% to 0, including the bubble and mass dispel hitting, as well as your Rogue being forced to pool energy so he can gouge in the case of Aura Mastery. After this, the partner is free to peel your Rogue off and the Paladin gets to heal.
    If Blind is used during Aura Mastery, you have 10-15 seconds to drop the Protadin.
    If Mind Control is used during Aura Mastery and isn't instantly interrupted, you're facing 1500 rated teams, enjoy the free points.

    You also completely ignored why your strategy doesn't work against good players.
    If the Protadin is smart and silences the Priest then bubbles, it gets 3 seconds of free casting, which is more than enough time to fully heal. At this point, your Rogue's cooldowns which are required to completely prevent casting are used and the partner is out of CC, you lose. Are you having trouble understanding the concept of not being able to dispel shield while silenced?

    Next problem with your logic, why is the Protadin attempting to cast heals if the Rogue can prevent all of them? I don't see anything better for it to do with it's time than spamming Sacred Shield, it's probably more effective than trying to heal but never getting one off and it stops me from pushing Power Infused Smite spam into it.

    Feel free to link the armory of your 2300+ Priest and your perfect record against Protadins if you'd like to argue.


    Yes, your strategy works against 1800 2v2 heroes. Your strategy, I assure you, does not work against high rated players who are even decently skilled at PvP.

  9. #29

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    You realy have no idea how a prot pally works. You cant just sit there and take damage from a rogue even if you are a prot pally. As the priest you also have CC, use it. fear/mc. There should be plently of time to move their dps away and let your rogue do some damage. All you seem to do is say OMG they are OP. They are verry good, but they are not invincable as you make them out to be.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  10. #30

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    You realy have no idea how a prot pally works. You cant just sit there and take damage from a rogue. You also have CC, use it. fear/mc. There should be plently of time to move the dps away and let your rogue do some damage.
    Link me the armory of your 2300+ Priest or Rogue, otherwise stop posting.

    You're extremely dumb, bad, or are competing in the 1500 brackets. I've already discredited everything you've said. I'm an extremely skilled and well geared player, as well as my Rogue, and this does not work against any teams above 2000, period.

    I'm going to capitalize this in an attempt to get past your mental illness.

    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE PROTADIN BUBBLES, HEALS FROM 20% TO FULL HEALTH, ALL CC IS DR'D, AND YOUR ROGUE HAS NO COOLDOWNS LEFT?
    Answer: You lose.

    In before 'omg newb l2mass dispel bubble'

  11. #31

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mane&n=buzzman The weapon is from the 2350 ranking. The team itself was about 2400.

    Anyways, point is your just saying its never possible to beat a prot pally. You just say OMG BUBBLE QQ HE HEALED. Maby you are just doing it wrong. I dont have any problems.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  12. #32

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mane&n=buzzman The weapon is from the 2350 ranking. The team itself was about 2400.

    Anyways, point is your just saying its never possible to beat a prot pally. You just say OMG BUBBLE QQ HE HEALED. Maby you are just doing it wrong. I dont have any problems.
    Lol@ the haste staff with no other haste pieces. Also, did you buy your weapon? You havent ever been rated above 2360, you're on a team thats under 2150, and you are 1-5 on that team.

  13. #33

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    The team I was on with that raiting disbanded. Obviously though you need a 2350 raiting for that weapon. Anyways I dont see your priest with that weapon. Not to mention your off topic. Unless my staff stops me from beating rogues?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  14. #34

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    The team I was on with that raiting disbanded. Obviously though you need a 2350 raiting for that weapon. Anyways I dont see your priest with that weapon. Not to mention your off topic. Unless my staff stops me from beating rogue?
    Im not saying you never got the rating, Im saying you are terrible, you likely bought the weapon, and thus anything you say has no weight whatsoever. No half decent priest gets the haste staff, either the hit staff or furious oh+mh for spell pen.

  15. #35

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Last i checked i have more then enough hit, and as for spell pen, thats for shadow. I love my haste staff with its almost 3% hast, if you dont know why i got it then why are you posting about it. And of if you mean by "bought the weapon" as in I was carried, thats funny. Carried to a 2350 raiting and beeing horrible doesnt work. You sir have been added to my /ignore list on MMO for beeing an idiot. Have fun talking to the wall :-P I cant read what you type.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  16. #36

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Last i checked i have more then enough hit, and as for spell pen, thats for shadow. I love my haste staff with its almost 3% hast, if you dont know why i got it then why are you posting about it. You sir have been added to my /ignore list on MMO. Have fun talking to the wall :-P I cant read what you type.
    Lol spell pen for shadow, if you have ignored me, grats on being a laughing stock bro. I just wonder how much you payed for your weapon, Rofl.

  17. #37

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Derpaderp?
    Why do people like you even make posts?

    YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED A SINGLE MATCH SINCE PATCH 3.2.

    Why the hell are you even posting in a thread about PROBLEMS WITH PRIEST/ROGUE IN PATCH 3.2 when you HAVE NOT PLAYED PRIEST/ROGUE IN PATCH 3.2?
    You're arguing about how to deal with PROTADINS WITH THE BUFFS THEY GOT IN PATCH 3.2 when you HAVE NOT FACED A PROTADIN IN PATCH 3.2.

    Seriously. What the hell? Stop posting in threads you don't belong in. There needs to be a special reward for people like this.

  18. #38

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Yes i have, i just told you that the team disbanded. You realy dont know anything. Your looking for reasons other then logic about why you cant beat prot healing teams. Your not looking for any help you're just looking to rant. Go get a box of tissues.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  19. #39

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Yes i have, i just told you that the team disbanded. You realy dont know anything. Your looking for reasons other then logic about why you cant beat prot healing teams. Your not looking for any help you're just looking to rant. Go get a box of tissues.
    Your record on your current 2s team is 1-5.
    You haven't played a single game on your current 2s team since the patch.

    Explain how you've played 6 games on your current team if you joined the team after the patch and haven't played any games on that team since the patch?
    Oh wait, you can't, because you haven't played games since the patch. If you have, feel free to link us the match reports on armory.

    I seriously don't know why people like this are allowed to waste oxygen.

  20. #40

    Re: Priests with Rogues

    3's, There were a few games where it came down to me and my rogue vs a prot and a DK or prot and a warrior. We ran RMP.

    You just realy want me to be wrong, but i'm not. Its kinda funny to try and watch you find a reason why i'm wrong but you cant. You are entertaining.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •