Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priests with Rogues

Has anyone been queuing as Priest/Rogue lately? The first day of 3.2 was awesome, we gained almost 200 rating.
    Today we tanked all of it and then some. All we're getting is strange comps that we've never seen before. We feel like a lot of comps are countering us, too, since we can't point out anything we could have done differently to win.

I spoke to the other top Rogue/Priest team on the server and they pretty much did the same thing; got a lot of points yesterday, then lost it all today to strange comps they couldn't figure out how to deal with.

Anyone else?

Re: Priests with Rogues

what comps are these you're losing to?
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    what comps are these you're losing to?
    DK/Druid
    Warlock/Shaman
    Rogue/Shaman (both Enh and Resto)
    Hunter/Shaman
    DK/Shaman
    Mage/Mage
    Feral/Priest
    Anything with a Protadin. Literally. ANYTHING.

We only ran into DK/Druid twice. The main difference from pre-3.2 is that they actually have to try to win, they can't just blow the Priest up in 10 seconds; however, it's still a complete loss because Chains of Ice spam gives the Druid virtually unlimited mana.

Other than that, we got very few (i.e. almost no) comps you'd commonly see before the patch, such as Priest/X, Mage/Rogue, Druid/Warrior, etc.

I'd say ~40% of healers we faced were Protadins, 30% Shamans, 20% Druids, and 10% Priests. Protadins are really ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    Protadins are really ridiculous.
    This
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

p.s. mostly wondering if other high rated Priest/Rogues are coming to the conclusion that Priest/Rogue might be dead this season.

p.s. mostly wondering if other high rated Priest/Rogues are coming to the conclusion that Priest/Rogue might be dead this season.
    yep, FOTM comp isn't FOTM comp anymore, log over to your pally and go win then. lol

Lets see of they nerf Protadin healers, as fast as they nerfed disc priests.

tbh i dont think blizz will, because,

According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

According to blizzard:

Quote Originally Posted by Exidius

According to blizzard:

That really did make me lol

DK/Druid
    Warlock/Shaman
    Hunter/Shaman
    DK/Shaman
    Mage/Mage
    Feral/Priest

We only ran into DK/Druid twice. The main difference from pre-3.2 is that they actually have to try to win, they can't just blow the Priest up in 10 seconds; however, it's still a complete loss because Chains of Ice spam gives the Druid virtually unlimited mana.

Other than that, we got very few (i.e. almost no) comps you'd commonly see before the patch, such as Priest/X, Mage/Rogue, Druid/Warrior, etc.

I'd say ~40% of healers we faced were Protadins, 30% Shamans, 20% Druids, and 10% Priests. Protadins are really ridiculous.
    There is really small chance you will beat dk/druid try cc thr DK and burst the druid
    down fast but if that fails your goibg to lose unless there bad.

Quote Originally Posted by khlg
    There is really small chance you will beat dk/druid try cc thr DK and burst the druid
    down fast but if that fails your goibg to lose unless there bad.
    They can be bad and still win. The DK can just press anything he wants as long as he keeps chains of ice, desecration on the ground, and death grips the rogue away from the healer. None of those take skill to accomplish.

Yeah, just doesn't happen. Worst case scenario, we force it to eat it's pet, it's not going to die period.

COI COI COI LOL U CANT HIT ME
    COI COI DEATH GRIP COI COI COI LOLOLOL
    COI COI COI HOLD ON SHITTING A DESECRATE LOL
    COI COI OKAY DRUID'S FULL MANA BACK 2 DPS

Related, my Rogue and I were the top rated Priest/Rogue on the server. The other two high rated teams, who were within 50 rating of us, also did games today. We lost around 200 rating today and we're still the highest. Thinking Priest/Rogue's arena time has come to an end. :/

Deleted

why are you even wasting time in 2s ;S

just go for the real challenge and play some 3s which is way more fun to me as druid/lock/rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck
    why are you even wasting time in 2s ;S

just go for the real challenge and play some 3s which is way more fun to me as druid/lock/rogue
    yeah, just go 3's, I'm sure RMP will never go out of style. So much CC in that comp theres no way they could nerf it enough. Plus the mage has MS now O.O

against prot just try to dispell divine please and drink as much as you can. rogue should never hit the prot because thats just plain stupid.

anything with a shaman burn the shamans partner to force a ns or kill it, if it recovers switch and burn shaman. i played rogue/shaman for the beginning of s6 before my shaman partner quit and we were winning most games against 2.4k rated priest rogues because they refuse to switch off me and go on to the shaman.

magemage - play really patiently shouldnt be much of a problem.

anything with a priest - kill priest dont take no for an answer.

dk druid - deadly/wound stick on druid and hope for the best.

DK/Druid
    Warlock/Shaman
    Hunter/Shaman
    DK/Shaman
    Mage/Mage
    Feral/Priest

warlock shaman - sit on lock, sham mana efficiency hasn't been buffed
    rogue shaman- open on shaman, you want the rogue to open on your rogue so the shaman isn't spamming purge on your priest, and you can lifve through an opener then get on the rogue and have the priest manaburn/mind control the shaman and help out with dps other than that its a 1v1 between the rogues
    hunter shaman- lol try to sit on hunter, if he is kiting you go los and try to kill his pet
    dk shaman- gl, you're going to have to kill pet each time he comes up so your priest can drink, same for all dk teams
    mage mage- you just have to outlast their cds, never go for kills... just los them after they pop cds have to play very defensive against this comp
    feral priest- sit on the feral druid, he can't really do anything in bear and your priest should be able to out mana the other priest since he has to heal through an ms effect
    anything with a protadin- gl
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Oh cool, I'm getting tips from 1500 heroes.
    We were within 50 points of Gladiator before 3.2, it's not a strategy or skill problem.

For the sake of any new Priests reading this thread and picking up terrible strategies:

Warlock/Shaman - Shaman mana efficiency is better than Priest's. Earth Shield being undispellable and the pet being unkillable are the main problems. The Shaman constantly interrupting you with Wind Shear is another problem. Rogue won't get a kill on the Warlock as long as the pet is alive and Earth Shield is up.

Rogue/Shaman - You don't Mana Burn a Shaman, EVER. A Combat Rogue will get a kill much faster than your Mut/Prep Rogue will on the Shaman. Again, Earth Shield on top of resilience changes are a bit too much.

Hunter/Shaman - You'll be kited to crap, resilience change makes it hard/impossible to get a kill on the pet before he can drag it out for heals, even if it does die, your mana efficiency as a Priest is much worse than the Shaman's, have fun going OOM.

Mage/Mage - You can't outlast their cooldowns unless you're in Blade's Edge or Dalaran. Ring of Valor, Nagrand, and Undercity pillars are too big to LoS them enough to survive. Generally Rogue will run out of cooldowns before they do.

Feral/Priest - BRB OUTMANAING PRIEST WITH INNERVATE, you're extremely dumb and should stop posting. With resilience changes, Rogues take much, much longer to get a kill on a Priest, where as the Feral's damage is much higher than my Rogue's. As an example, I took just over 10k damage in 3 seconds through Pain Suppression. 3k crit, pause, back-to-back 3k crit and 4k crit. Feral Druid also has superior peels with Cyclone.

Divine Plea cannot be dispelled, you are dumb, stop posting. Rogue hitting the Prot is the only way to win against any Protadin team, except more often than not it's team mate doesn't allow you to, yet another example of why people posting here should be banned from giving PvP strategies.

If you were so good at Arena, try posting on Arena Junkies for advice, not the MMO Champ forums. I'll see you over there, unless you don't have the rating required to post there. @@

Divine Plea cannot be dispelled, you are dumb, stop posting. Rogue hitting the Prot is the only way to win against any Protadin team, except more often than not it's team mate doesn't allow you to, yet another example of why people posting here should be banned from giving PvP strategies.
    didnt know there was talents making it undispellable. stop nerd raging.

and u making ur rogue hitting the prot is why you will never get glad gg

its called fight close to him and interrupt when he casts, sounds 2 hard for you? play a rogue and see how fun it is to hit a prot pally LOL

DK/Druid
    Warlock/Shaman
    Hunter/Shaman
    DK/Shaman
    Mage/Mage
    Feral/Priest

cry about protadins...
    you people protadins are a direct creation by you ppl who cryd about ret pallys, then holy pallys, then ret pallys again.

you created protadins. cry somemore.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    against prot just try to dispell divine please and drink as much as you can. rogue should never hit the prot because thats just plain stupid.
    Its prot spec, you CANT dispell divine plea its immune :-P
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".