Thread: Arp for bears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Arp for bears

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    The only reason +hit is more useful than expertise is because their judgements cannot be dodged or parried regardless.
    If i remember right, patch notes said judgements could be dodged / parried now? so i assume expertise will be better for a pally now.
    When in doubt, Heroic Leap!

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    -I believe I did mention "once you have sufficient threat". Kologarn would make a good example where you could stop attacking the boss once you have a decent amount on threat. The melee are on the arm for a while and you not attacking the boss means you won't get parried and won't reset his swing timer. I was just arguing that hitting a boss often is beneficial to bears, rather than hitting it less often (without any extra haste) or even not at all.
    You still want to attack due to savage defense; it will reduce more damage than parry haste increases it. Also, many bosses have parry-haste disabled.
    Kologarn even has parry disabled so he's the worst possible example you could've chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Bleeds have always been unaffected by armor.... If you dont believe me go to a target dummy along with a warrior put rip up and tell him to start stacking sunders, you wont see any change.

yea, did that test yesterday would make sense if it did tho since its physical damage

Haste is still bad for bears. The itemization points are better spent on avoidance, stamina or threat stats that scale better. Currently haste only affects maul (if you're tanking, all of your auto attacks will be mauls) and you would be better off having that hit harder instead of more often. Now if haste affected the GCD like it does for casters then it would probably be worth having.

Sigh. I really wish you guys would read the whole thread. I only said that Haste was better than ArPen. The "not attacking once you have sufficient threat" was just an example. I'm aware that attacking allows for SD procs and I'm aware that Avoidance is better than stacking haste.

Quote Originally Posted by halmmar
    You still want to attack due to savage defense; it will reduce more damage than parry haste increases it. Also, many bosses have parry-haste disabled.
    Kologarn even has parry disabled so he's the worst possible example you could've chosen.
    Auraiya better for you?

I read your whole post and I would still prefer arp on my tank gear over haste. More threat & it's a better stat if you are swapping between cat & bear.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    I read your whole post and I would still prefer arp on my tank gear over haste. More threat & it's a better stat if you are swapping between cat & bear.
    At this point, I think we're splitting hairs -- should optimize gear based on the other stats, not the haste/arpen.  But I'd disagree on both your points -- i think haste will give you more threat (more mauls, which will be better in the long run than slightly larger mauls, I'd bet), and I think haste will also give you better cat dps (more ooc procs, whereas arp isnt much of a boost unless you stack it).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    At this point, I think we're splitting hairs -- should optimize gear based on the other stats, not the haste/arpen. But I'd disagree on both your points -- i think haste will give you more threat (more mauls, which will be better in the long run than slightly larger mauls, I'd bet), and I think haste will also give you better cat dps (more ooc procs, whereas arp isnt much of a boost unless you stack it).
    You're forgetting that ArP will also affect swipe & mangle along with maul where haste will only affect maul. Still, stacking either to a point where it's truely effective will be pointless for tanking which I think we can both agree on. Though stacking arp for cat is much better than haste.

I have seen a dr00d tank with full conqueror that had pure ARP gem's in ALL gear .. even ignoring bonus'
    / So i cant tell you why... but im pretty sure it work's

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN
    I have seen a dr00d tank with full conqueror that had pure ARP gem's in ALL gear .. even ignoring bonus'
    / So i cant tell you why... but im pretty sure it work's
    just because someone has full conq doesn't mean it works(or that person wasn't carried) but tbh you probably saw them in dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    but tbh you probably saw them in dps gear.
    Yar. Some people like the 4 piece bonus for DPS, some don't. I personally don't use 4 piece for DPS; just the helm & gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Yar. Some people like the 4 piece bonus for DPS, some don't. I personally don't use 4 piece for DPS; just the helm & gloves.
    It's a good bonus. It makes SR at low combo points not a complete waste of energy. I use it and I'll hold on to it until I have 2T9.

I have 4xT8 and all my gems are Arpen.

Yeah, I use the full set for tanking and the 4 piece makes it easier to do cat dps in bear spec when I'm not getting wailed on. In cat gear/spec with 60%+ crit it's not a big deal to generate tons of combo points and refresh SR. Just personal preference.