3.2 resto talent dilemma

I respecced my resto shaman today using this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxIZx0ezIeoxkrIRt

Basically same as before except I dropped healing focus and got Healing Way.

I did the new 10man and a few ulduar 10 hard modes and didnt really use Healing Wave that much but when I did I saw crits of near 20,000 so it seems worth it in those times where I do a little tank healing (mimiron plasma blast, freya knock x3, thorim hard mode)

Are you guys all taking healing way and if so what are you dropping? I've seen some shamans getting rid of elemental weapons for it. I want healing focus but know what would be ideal to drop for it.

Also I have been gemming for haste, only mana issues I had was on XT Hard mode but he did spawn about 12 bomb bots, 6 pummelers and about 50 scrapbots so it was chaos The mana return on even CH with the new water shield is pretty nice, so I think haste is the way to go, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys!

Deleted

Re: 3.2 resto talent dilemma

Elemental weapons only gives you 45spell power. Thats it. Therefore I go with:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxhZx0euIeoxkrIRt

I guess I never really bothered to do the math, thx for the quick reply.

if you're pveing shouldn't you get healing grace: reduces threat on heals? i haven't raided on my shaman so i don't know if thats worth it at all
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    if you're pveing shouldn't you get healing grace: reduces threat on heals? i haven't raided on my shaman so i don't know if thats worth it at all
    No, if you're pulling threat as a resto shaman, you need a new tank.

lol okay
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

15+ Year Old Account

Drop Ele. Weap, get Healing Way

Regarding the spec posted by OP:

drop Ele. Weap, get Healing Focus
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

healing way is still trash

16 55 still
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I use:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...&version=10192

For me, Ancestral Healing is pointless because we have a Disc Priest on tanks for every raid and their spells have the same buff.

Like others have stated, I dropped elemental weapons and picked up healing way. Other than that I left the previous standard 16/55 spec the same as it was. I'm not sure I whether or not I would have made this change if I was predominantly a raid healer, however, due to the shortage of holy paladins and disc priests in my guild I find myself healing the tank a good bit and decided to give healing wave a try. I've only raided once with it but the little bit of tank healing I did in our raid last night I found I enjoyed the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Malface
    No, if you're pulling threat as a resto shaman, you need a new tank.
    I agree with this and everything said here. Elemental weapons is what you drop.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

You can gain the extra spellpower from geming sp/int instead of all int.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof
    Drop Ele. Weap, get Healing Way

Regarding the spec posted by OP:

drop Ele. Weap, get Healing Focus
    Potential noob question here, but can you guys help me understand the benefit of Healing Focus, over Elemental Weapons? I haven't ever noticed getting hit, when healing, so that healing focus would be a benefit. What fights is that going to help out on?

And, is anyone using healing wave, other than in conjunction with a nature's swiftness?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Whenever there is AoE, there is a chance you'll be hit. When you're hit you're delayed...

If you're not seeing seeing effects during battles, that means it works

healing focus is kinda necessary unless you dont plan on getting hit at any point in time EVER. and, ironically, 99% of the time when you are getting hit, so is everyone else, so it can be kinda important to push out some quick chains without further inturruption.

As for me, i dont really use healing wave so much, healing stream can take care of the group for little stuff, earthshield and riptide take care of most of the tank(along with other healers hots). When i do need to activly heal, i generally use chain for the benefit of anyone else needing a top off. Bout the only time i ever use healing wave is with a natures swiftness when tank is in a little trouble, but it is good to know that healing wave is going to heal big and get him back up to where i need him. And with all the time reductions, and any haste at all, its not that long of a cast anyway. To me its good to know i have the ability to push out a heal big when i need to than to save points to increase every other heal a tiny amount(elemental weapons).

my two cents