Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Poll: Worst 5 man man instance ever?

HANDS down BRD

I've spent over a year in that freakin place in Vanilla

-XP grinding and FR enchant run
    -MC attunement anyone for 40 people?
    -LBRS - UBRS for the ^%*$^ first tier of crap

and the list goes on and on

Today, even at 80 am avoiding that place like the plague. Passing by the redish sky and zone itself makes me sick

BRD is atrocious.
    It's way too big, it's laid out poorly, and it's not fun or interesting in the least.

Fully clearing a 5 man dungeon at the appropriate level really should not take 5-7 hours.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande
    love all instances tbh,

including MagT (which i voted for/against here). The only reason i dislike MagT was due to the annoying trees that didn't allow a max zoomed out view and kept throwing my view all over the place. Boss fights were bloody fun tho .

TBH, i can't remember a single raid that has provided as much fun for me as instances have . I just wish Blizz catered to a slightly wider audience rather than moving from one extreme to another i.e Vanilla = Hardcore/No-life catering, TBC-->WotLK = Casual/Lazy catering. They have improved the game in leaps and bounds every expansion and patch but i wish they didn't throw out ALL the earlier things that worked (though i do admit that it requires more effort on their part to do as I wish). I.e. I wish 5mans (heroics mostly now) were tiered and each tier had imba short dungeons (Slave Pens / most wotlk instance style) and longer runs (BRD, SH, Oculus style) and you got overlapping loot in both types just as different sets of gear (= different looks and/or different set bonuses) whilst keeping the effectiveness of both sets somewhat the same (for the min/maxers). In this way we players have a broader scope of 5mans (heroics) to choose from:

- Short on time? choose a short run
    - Don't like spending loads of time in a single instance? choose a short run

- Don't care about time? long run
    - love the feeling of a huge instances? do a long run

- completed the acquiring of gear from one tier? move to next tier
    - bring back attunements but have it tier based = completion of quests in 1-level lower tier dungeons to access higher tier content.
    - Different Badges for different tiers
    - Alts? tier specific badges allow purchase of BoA items that 'unlock' attunements for your alts.

- Tiered dungeons allow players to have a lot more to do in WoW than raid/arena (and in much easier managed group sizes). and an expansion of player choices is ALWAYS a good thing .
    - Tiered dungeons retain the 'challenge' for raid geared chars as higher tier content is tuned to match players in raiding gear (or complete previous tier items).
    this, love the longer instances of pre tbc, like st. also id like to see some more variation in heroics, like oculus...>.>
    tiered dungoens would be cool, it would also give oppurtunities for ..well..that what we call casuals or scrubs or w/e to progress and get bttr by doing dungoens that vary in difficulty. this way u can also avoid putting in small raids like the coliseum for ppl to gear up in

I think it's hysterical that people vote Occulus due to difficulty. Did these players even play BC heroics pre-nerf? At the time in level 70 blues, there was a good chance you wouldn't finish it. You pretty much had to run Kara/Gruul to even do Heroic SL, SH, Arc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor
    I think it's hysterical that people vote Occulus due to difficulty. Did these players even play BC heroics pre-nerf? At the time in level 70 blues, there was a good chance you wouldn't finish it. You pretty much had to run Kara/Gruul to even do Heroic SL, SH, Arc.
    couldnt agree more rly

Looks as if most people have forgotten how terrible Auchenai Crypts was...

Could it be that the memory has been repressed to protect our collective psyche?

ST for sure (Gnomer a close 2nd), they had to make the lame level 50 class quests just to get anyone to ever go there!

I miss the epic 5 man feeling from an instance like BRD, though back when level appropriate it could definitely be painful.

The new 5 man in a word is underwhelming. Just feels lackluster, especially for the drops compared to other 5 mans.

Deleted

did anyone actually notice that the topic says "worst 5 MAN MAN instance ever"
    O.o

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

gnomes are bad, ugly and short :P ;D

Hated Mauradon, though Gnomer was a close 2nd.
    Steelhand 80 Human DK - Dunemaul

I got nothing to say, stop bothering me.

Oh, come on, Gnomer is not that bad...at least if you know your way around. And the Gnomer-Spider-Tank death animation is the best in game, possibly ever.

Occulus isn't that bad, either, if you know what you're doing.

Sunken Temple,though...yeaah...that place was terribad.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tygor
    Occulus is bad because you can't carry through a member that is on auto-follow half the time.

Old Kingdom.

It's the sawk.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

How can you hate on BRD, the place has a Pub in it! Seriously!! What other instance has an entire area where you can sit, chill, and drink some beer with the native NPC's?

I think the biggest problem with BRD is that you needed to have clear goals when going in. This is an Emperor run, this is an Attunement run, or Black Anvil Run, or Jailbreak run, etc. Attunement runs could take less than 10 minutes if you went the lava hopping way. I also think it's one of the few old school instances that is still raidable. Blitzing the place with 10 people was a blast.

This reminds me, when was the last time anyone tried to raid Dead Mines? I think you can still 10 man that place...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    Occulus is bad because you can't carry through a member that is on auto-follow half the time.
    lol:P

someone should actually make a topic thats about the looks and the atmosphere of the instance and not the difficulty of the dungoen itself or the difficulty of finding the right ppl for it, i think that makes a lot of difference in the outcome...

oh well maybe i should do it myself =)

Gnomeregan... BEURK BEURK BEURK

15+ Year Old Account

So much hate on Gnomeregan and Trial of the Champions, I love those two.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    How can you hate on BRD, the place has a Pub in it! Seriously!! What other instance has an entire area where you can sit, chill, and drink some beer with the native NPC's?

I think the biggest problem with BRD is that you needed to have clear goals when going in. This is an Emperor run, this is an Attunement run, or Black Anvil Run, or Jailbreak run, etc. Attunement runs could take less than 10 minutes if you went the lava hopping way. I also think it's one of the few old school instances that is still raidable. Blitzing the place with 10 people was a blast.

This reminds me, when was the last time anyone tried to raid Dead Mines? I think you can still 10 man that place...
    well...they dont have a pub in gnomer but there are npc's with which u can hang around and drink a beer :P

there is much to say....

1st: most of the vanilla istances were terribly long, and you needed to get a good group only to think to finish them. istances were difficult for the level they were created. but my vote has gone for Stockade. an insult to istances. one wing with some cellars....i know it's a city prison, but at least 2-3 floors would have been better.

2nd: TBC heroics were shorter than any previous istance, but nontheless they were easy. i can't vote for 2, but auchenai crypts was fugly. insane pulls for 2 f***ing badges. not worth even to enter.

3rd: WOTLK heroics are imbaeasy. you could have started farming them with quest blues, fast and fun. sincerely, no istance is bad imho. many complains about oculus, but they have never tried to do a full BRD run with greens/blues and at the appropriate level.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

If Maraudon wasn't in the middle of freaking nowhere more people would know about the corpse run from graveyard to the instance portal, which is at the end of a maze as twisted as two kilos of cooked spaguetti, and thus receive more votes.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"