MM reliable? And a racial question

I was wondering wether MM was reliable to specc while leveling or while DPSing when not fully geared.

And I think trolls are better, but I see many belfs. Ideas? Just the looks? (+1%critz +nice haste on 2 min CD > arcane torrent?)
    You're right. Saying that a game is in fact a game does warrant a beating. Your logic is flawless. Why didn't I see it before?
    --Thyrandell

Re: MM reliable? And a racial question

All the blood elves you are is just the result of a massive amount of 12 year olds playing, who dont think about racials and want to look "hawt".

And to answer your marksman question, I think you should stick to BM for leveling and Dps as Survival is much more forgiving of gear than marksman is.

MM is NOT better than survival at early-mid gear levels at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

Correct. MM becomes better than SV for most once they acquire an ilvl 226+ ranged weapon, and 36% crit/4400 ap or more.

^ rough numbers, results may vary, but if you have less than 36% crit and less than 4400 ap, SV will yield better dps.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

the dps between the 2 specs (marks and survival) seems so small at this point i think you should just choose what you like more, taking into consideration mana usage and utility to the raid. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    ^ rough numbers, results may vary, but if you have less than 36% crit and less than 4400 ap, SV will yield better dps.
    Unbuffed, Self Buffed, or Raid Buffed?

Go for the troll if you want to roll troll.

I rolled a Belf hunter at the start of BC because i was like, "AoE silence the frost mage trying to dead zone meh!!!"

Then they got rid of the dead zone, and now i'm a sad panda cause i have a stupid Belf Hunter instead of an Orc or Troll.

(Although you can still silence them if you want, just not as handy as before.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    Go for the troll if you want to roll troll.

I rolled a Belf hunter at the start of BC because i was like, "AoE silence the frost mage trying to dead zone meh!!!"

Then they got rid of the dead zone, and now i'm a sad panda cause i have a stupid Belf Hunter instead of an Orc or Troll.

(Although you can still silence them if you want, just not as handy as before.)
    Hehe, "Sad Panda"

I prefer orc. The 320 ATP to me is much more important that 1% passive crit, since I'm at 40% crit (over the soft crit cap) ATP is more effective. That and Orcs are just badasses.....but yea ORc for life.
    "We could kill everyone!"

"So what do you think?"

"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

To the OP.
    Go bm for leveling. The amount of Belfs you see are those wierd manga people who like the looks.
    The racials, well its marginal to say the least.
    Personally I would go troll (male ofc) for the 1% crit and the shooting style is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Fano7
    Unbuffed, Self Buffed, or Raid Buffed?
    With Dhawk
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

BE racials own in pvp

trolls are superior to blood elves for hunters so my guess would be that your just seeing the immense popularity of blood elves shine through.

Im a Troll hunter and while I love the beserking and +1% crit their is one huge downside over orcs (the next best choice in my opinion)

We look awful, If you are able to collect any of the tier sets, you just look like a hunchbacked shoeless hobo. Where as Orcs look like some badass killing machines, The racials dont make a huge difference, if i had to roll again I would go Orc, because looking at my Troll hump every day for years make me a 'sad panda'

Orcs > -------- > Trolls > Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    Im a Troll hunter and while I love the beserking and +1% crit their is one huge downside over orcs (the next best choice in my opinion)

We look awful, If you are able to collect any of the tier sets, you just look like a hunchbacked shoeless hobo. Where as Orcs look like some badass killing machines, The racials dont make a huge difference, if i had to roll again I would go Orc, because looking at my Troll hump every day for years make me a 'sad panda'
    ROFL

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie

haha epic man!

No love for the tauren hunters, haha. Anyways, for Horde, if you are a min/maxer type person than you want to go troll or orc. Trolls are kindof slipping behind orcs though in WOTLK because of the lack of bows. Just look at 10-25man ToC, 1 bow in 10man heroic that's it, lol.

Whatever you do though, don't roll a BE hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Orcs > -------- > Trolls > Blood Elves.

Bet Thasfnul that elitist cockbite begs to differ
    Quote from: Sket on July 28, 2009, 11:42:21 am
    Sorry? Are u dump?