Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Recent Living Bomb and Hot Streak Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo
    If you are however compensating for no misery or impFF, then really, the people you raid with suck.
    You can't always count on there being either.

Class balance is determined by the character select screens of the lead developers. In other words, it's a complete joke and always will be.

Did I read it right? the only change that has some value for the mage class, the one that was announced and was up a lot of time in the PTR is gettng reversed?

I don't understand why everything that is good for the mages they think is "OP". Seriously blizzard is so stupid, they can let the f*cking dks be op for like all times in both pve and pvp... but hey! they are not OP!

I thought this change you made was to compensate the lack of tier 9 bonus so It was understandable. Maybe you should put this as the tier 9 4 pieces bonus because seriously.. We mages feel dissapointed with your decisions.

We mages are not fine as they with their lazyness state.
    So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Just wondering, the hot streak fom lb periodic is gone but it's proccing ingite is still in right?
    So compared to pre 3.2 our single dps is at least a little buffed, though I wouldn't say enough :P

BTW, as long as they're fixing our 'OP'ness they should as well fix up the mess they made with our t8 legs....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Are you planning on doing a list of the gear from the 5-man Heroic for we poorly-geared folk?

Uh there's no 2H weapons for DKs, Ret Paladins, or Warriors in the normal 10-man? It's all Hunter/Druid 2H weapons. Why are all the +Str 2H weapons in 25-man or Heroic Raids?

we all know mages are under all other pure dps and some hybrid (*cough* feral druid, dk *cough).
    And what amuse me is that blizzard try to fix pve via some talent all the way down. Always talent change instead of simply increasing the damage done by fireball and pyroblast by a small %.

It's like for the fire mana issue. after 4 year we finally have our probleme solved. The question is.
    Why blizzard did not just reduce the mana cost of fireball... ?

chillbro. your critical thinking skills are terrible? how is a hotfix that is obviously a nerf to mages a buff? okok 3.2 we gained some nice things. I personally like the changes to invis, ez to drop agro worry free now! I think I speak for all mages (who aren't stupid) that HS procs off LB with multiple targets was a little op BUT most mages found the proc off HS's damage over time was a great change for single target dps or atleast more interesting. IMO take away the multiple target idea and keep the proc! I believe the topic here was about the hotfix (nerf) to mages, not about slandering others for stating what they believe. I blame you for the recession in America!

"Nothing can be given or taken away; nothing has been added or subtracted; nothing increased or diminished. We stand on the same shore before the same mighty ocean."-Henry Miller on why blizzard sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Preface: 99% of you are all bad.

Having said that, take the changes for what they are...a buff. HS is essentially the same damn thing that it was pre 3.2...yes LB explosion STILL procs HS. Now we can cast LB on multiple targets, and the explosion will still hit multiple targets.

THE ONLY THING that has changed in 3.2 is that LB can be cast on multiple targets.

Your critical thinking skills are all terrible, I blame you for the recession in America.
    This. He is right nothing has really changed, and for all of those falling behind the hybrid class you might want to consider playing something else. I myself only fall behind DKs and rogues,and only by less then .5% in a 25man. If your playing your mage correctly then you shouldn't consider this a harsh nerf. Completely agree with you Chillbro .

Quote Originally Posted by Pegwynna
    This. He is right nothing has really changed, and for all of those falling behind the hybrid class you might want to consider playing something else. I myself only fall behind DKs and rogues,and only by less then .5% in a 25man. If your playing your mage correctly then you shouldn't consider this a harsh nerf. Completely agree with you Chillbro .
    You're wrong, the idiot you quoted is wrong. The Fact of the matter is that now mages are below other pure dps classes and even hybrids, with exception on only a few Boss fights. I.E. General and Hodir.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/7/0/3

If you honestly fall behind rogues by only that small of a margin as you claim, you're guilds' rogues need to do better, and most likely your feral druid(s) also are lacking.

For 16 hours mages were nearly on par with rogues and warlocks, still behind, but closer to where most mages-including good mages-would agree we need to be. LB on multiple targets is nice, but it doesn't help in the long run for the most part with the main thing mages need, which is higher single target dps. HS procs from LB ticks was a big part of this.

They could easily add a glyph that would allow us to be able to count LB ticks for HS procs from our original LB target, while in contrast said glyph also makes us unable to LB multiple targets. I dont' take credit for this idea, many people have already made the suggestion. It would help greatly solve both a lack of potential in PVE, while at the same time not making us pyroblast machines in PVP. Any decent mage would probably happily HS procs via ticks from 1 LB vs spamming LB on multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycruise

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/7/0/3

If you honestly fall behind rogues by only that small of a margin as you claim, you're guilds' rogues need to do better, and most likely your feral druid(s) also are lacking.

Honestly, why do mages have to be top damage. That position does, and SHOULD belong to the rogues. They bring 1 thing, damage. Their job, stick the pointy end in the bad guy. I loled at the 'i'm falling behind rogues hunters and warlocks' argument because other pure dmg classes are outdpsing you this is a cause to rally and QQ? Now, i agree, ya'll should be ahead of the hybrids but as for top dps, nah Rogues should own 90% ofthe time.

And honestly, what does it matter which of the pure dps classes are tops on the dmg meter, as long as it is a pure dmg class (barring there's not an exceptional hybrid player out there with more just plain skill, which there are. I've seen some horrible mages in my day and i've seen some very good ones.

Now, about your link. What is that, the top 20 dps done on those particular bosses.. or the top dps done by those using WMO to track. And you neglected to mention YS HM in your statement up top since you do have 45% of the slots there filled. Show averages of the classes not the top dmg by a person who quite honestly could have been extrememly lucky with his RNG and happen to score high on the meters that day (or that fight). Or, maybe those people are just better than you.

What i honestly want to know is, this was considered a bug when it first happened, but dev team decided to let you run with it. As stated this was not an intended change, but it was interesting and they decided to let you keep it. So why would they test it? its not on the list of stuff that NEEDS to be tested and now they see that it was, in fact, too powerful (in the eyes of the dev team) so they lowered it down to where they thought it needed to be. There were some good ideas thrown around about how to fix it, and if i were to pick one it would be the single target with allowing the crits to proc HS definitely not multi target proc'ing HS.

Your friendly neighborhood Resto Shaman, so i don't give a rats ass who is on top of the dps meter, i just have to keep you alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir
    Honestly, why do mages have to be top damage. That position does, and SHOULD belong to the rogues. They bring 1 thing, damage. Their job, stick the pointy end in the bad guy. I loled at the 'i'm falling behind rogues hunters and warlocks' argument because other pure dmg classes are outdpsing you this is a cause to rally and QQ? Now, i agree, ya'll should be ahead of the hybrids but as for top dps, nah Rogues should own 90% ofthe time.

And honestly, what does it matter which of the pure dps classes are tops on the dmg meter, as long as it is a pure dmg class (barring there's not an exceptional hybrid player out there with more just plain skill, which there are. I've seen some horrible mages in my day and i've seen some very good ones.

Now, about your link. What is that, the top 20 dps done on those particular bosses.. or the top dps done by those using WMO to track. And you neglected to mention YS HM in your statement up top since you do have 45% of the slots there filled. Show averages of the classes not the top dmg by a person who quite honestly could have been extrememly lucky with his RNG and happen to score high on the meters that day (or that fight). Or, maybe those people are just better than you.

What i honestly want to know is, this was considered a bug when it first happened, but dev team decided to let you run with it. As stated this was not an intended change, but it was interesting and they decided to let you keep it. So why would they test it? its not on the list of stuff that NEEDS to be tested and now they see that it was, in fact, too powerful (in the eyes of the dev team) so they lowered it down to where they thought it needed to be. There were some good ideas thrown around about how to fix it, and if i were to pick one it would be the single target with allowing the crits to proc HS definitely not multi target proc'ing HS.

Your friendly neighborhood Resto Shaman, so i don't give a rats ass who is on top of the dps meter, i just have to keep you alive.
    If mages are consistently outdpsing or even coming very close to rogues and feral druids in 25 man ULD, then it's 1 of two things: 1- that mage is godly, literally, or 2- the rogues/feral druids aren't doing what they need to be doing. The latter is most likely true by far.

You've completely misunderstood, either because you simply read this thread and apply the "QQ" excuse, or because you have never played a mage and will never see things from our end. My guess is a little of both.

First, most mages are NOT arguing that we should be top damage, our legitimate argument is, we SHOULD be very close to, if not on par with the other top damage dealers. We are a pure dps class, plain and simple, we may offer some utility, even more so than rogues, but our main function is pew pewage. When hybrids have the potential to outdps us, then yes, something is wrong.

There are horrible, good, and bad players of every class, but let me explain to you exactly what that link shows and proves. It shows the top 20 damage done per boss in Ulduar. Again, notice the only fights where mages can shine are gimmicky fights, such as Hodir and General. Yes, YS is represented by mages fairly well too. Obviously some are very good players, but the fact and main point is, it shows the POTENTIAL of individual classes. Mages rely more on the RNG than nearly any other class. If mages were "extremely" lucky, we'd at least have some representation on other boss fights.

Bug or not, we competed with other top damage classes, (rogues, hunters, feral druids) on more fights than those listed above for a short period. Multiple LB proccing HS procs on numerous targets is a little too strong for PVP, It is fun, but it doesn't address the main issue mages are facing right now, which is single target dps. Like so many people have shown, both problems could be dealt with using a single glyph and/or change.

As it stands atm, mages are considered average dps, and we are now the most squishy class in the game. Blizzard coined the phrase "Glass Cannon", this does not refer to a class doing "average" damage while also having the lowest HP. As it stands, we are closer to a Class Rifle. The reason so many mages, including GOOD mages are upset is because we've seen our class devolve from something it was meant to be to somewhat of a shadow and mere utility.

I give kudos to healers, but something tells me you've only been playing the game since WOTLK. Why does this matter, you ask? Because you'd know a lot better where mages are coming from if you even knew our history.