Thread: New Execute....

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Execute....

From what I have noticed from the new execute which only uses a maximum of 30rage no matter what, it seems to be a slight nerf to warr dps...this being that at the last 20% of the fight, spamming that was all we did to dump our rage for massive damage...now i have to spam that, along with heroic strike, and still, i cant dump all of that rage. i noticed a drop of 200-300 dps overall from this change.

anybody know why blizzard made this change?!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: New Execute....

do you use the glyph of execute?

Quote Originally Posted by badtouch1
    From what I have noticed from the new execute which only uses a maximum of 30rage no matter what, it seems to be a slight nerf to warr dps...this being that at the last 20% of the fight, spamming that was all we did to dump our rage for massive damage...now i have to spam that, along with heroic strike, and still, i cant dump all of that rage. i noticed a drop of 200-300 dps overall from this change.

its a buff for PVE dps i still get 8-10k crits easy
    its more a pvp nerf
    all the clothies QQed cause they was getting crit for 13k in BGs

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Spamming execute post 20% effectively lowers your DPS. And by quite a lot.

The more common and proper use of execute would be in between BT's and WW's. The problem with this approach is that due to RNG (especially with warriors generally stacking very little hit) you'd be left with too little rage to keep the standard rotation of BT's and WW's going, especially with BT's extremely short cooldown nowadays. Due to this issue, most warriors dumped execute from their rotation completely, except for the odd fight with enough and constant raiddmg to not have to worry about starvation.

The new execute allows us to safely use executes in between WWs and BTs without the risk of rage starvation. Making it an overal buff in PvE dps.

From my expieriences this week, which is all content cleared except naxx, My dps has gone up. Now there is no point where I am dropping to no/low rage while executing now, and I am able to keep rend up better. Personally I like this change, but for PVP i haven't tested it yet, but I think it is obviously going to hurt us in PVP.
    Science flies you to the moon -
    Religion flies you into buildings

same here,don't see any decrease here,dps went slightly up,so im not complaining about the execute change at all

... but generally, they had but a few thousand, if not a few hundred, hp left. Execute has always been an overkill bar very rare instances.

When you think of it, the change boils down to reducing burst damage and slowing down the kill process by adding GCD's in between your attacks.

Because, if you have 100 rage, instead of using up all that rage in one attack, you'll be able to spam Execute every 1.5 secs at least 3 times in a row (not counting rage potentially gained from whites in meantime). So in the end, your target will eat the same damage (again excluding white attacks) but over a longer period of time.

Yep i've seen an increase..

No more "accidental" full bar executes at 20% when you think you have Sudden Death. I think its cool capped at 30 rage...and basically you shouldn't be spamming execute, as mentioned..it's a dps decrease..and i guess in theory its a nerf in pvp, but i havn't noticed it.

same goes for me: Nice for pve but more:

WAAARGH! F*** THAT

moments in PvP

Tree survived my execute with 800 health when his partner managed to peel me off -.-
    Same happend with a Shaman yesterday.

Deleted

Nope, it´s a small Buff. I´m Arms, so it is for me.
    Under the magical 20% I´m replacin´ Slam with Execute and do Standard "Rotation", and it works pretty well with the Glyphe and Imp Execute. Not tested with Fury yet.

And why Blizz did this? PvP is the Keyword.

It's a PvP buff, in that if you don't kill the target you aren't friggen SCREWED. True story.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I love the new execute. I always saw the "uses all excess rage" as a handicap more than a benefit.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I love the new execute. I always saw the "uses all excess rage" as a handicap more than a benefit.

R.I.P. YARG

I lost a very close arena match when it only dumped 30 rage last night, and I would have killed the opponent's best dpser (on a called switch so don't get into the details of warrior arena strategy) with the execute if it had dumped everything...

...but those are very tiny edge cases. In the vast majority of PvP cases, this is a buff, and in PvE it's only a nerf to people who execute spammed already, which you should not be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme
    I lost a very close arena match when it only dumped 30 rage last night, and I would have killed the opponent's best dpser (on a called switch so don't get into the details of warrior arena strategy) with the execute if it had dumped everything...

...but those are very tiny edge cases. In the vast majority of PvP cases, this is a buff, and in PvE it's only a nerf to people who execute spammed already, which you should not be doing.
    If you spammed execute already...its an even bigger buff to you as you can now pull off 2 executes with 60 rage in a lot less time than it took you to execute and wait for enough rage to execute again. Keep in mind the biggest portion of damage of an execute is the inital component...the burning off of excess rage is a much less damage/rage ratio.

The only way it could be considered a nerf at all is in pvp, and those times would be so minute, especially when outwieghed by the number of times you'll win becuase you could actually execute freely AND keep MS on your target.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme

I don't understand. What would have been the difference if Execute wasn't changed. I was under the impression the damage was the same, but instead of going from 100 rage to 0, you would go from 100 to 70 rage. I think even if Execute was left the same you would not of killed your opponent. But, maybe I am reading it wrong. Feed back welcomed.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac
    I don't understand. What would have been the difference if Execute wasn't changed. I was under the impression the damage was the same, but instead of going from 100 rage to 0, you would go from 100 to 70 rage. I think even if Execute was left the same you would not of killed your opponent. But, maybe I am reading it wrong. Feed back welcomed.
    It caps excess damage turned into rage at 30...plus glyphs and talents, it doesn't make a 100 rage execute into a 100 rage execute that only costed 30 rage.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smallviille
    Only the dumb ones if this is true.

They'd have what? 20k HP in great PvP gear? 20% of 20k is 4k.

13k execute = 9k overkill.

Now we'll be executing them for like 8k... still a 4k overkill AND we'll have enough rage left to deal with their friends.

BUFF IMO
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Edit - removed, nvm I get it. Just had to read it four or five times.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac
    I'm sorry I still am not picking up what you laying down.

What is the difference now if I execute at 100 rage vs. execute 100 rage prior. Obviously prior it would use all the rage and now its only 30. What am I missing?
    OK here..

Execute now and pre 3.2 did a base amount of damage regardless of excess rage.. the base damage was this formula [1456 + AP * 0.2] at the cost of 15 rage minimum.. lets say that averages out to about 2000 damage (whatever).. then.. for every extra point of rage that u had after the initial 15 need to use the ability, is converted to extra damage .. at rank 9 (max rank) each axtra point of rage adds an addtional 38 damage.

So if you had 100 rage.. and execute...

100-15 = 85 rage left -> 2000 damage
    85rage*38added damage = -> 3230

that means you would have done 5230 base damage with a full rage bar execute

now however...

Execute will ONLY use a MAXIMUM ammout of 30 points of rage, so that means that now you will only get a 15 rage point boost. -15 for initial cost and 15 added

100-15 =85 rage left -> 2000 damage
    15rage*35 added damage= 525 damage

2525 damage (give or take) per execute at best.. this means that you can do 3 executes within 3 GCDs granted you do no other abilites.

While this is a logical pve dps boost, as you now have a better damage per rage spent ratio and upkeep..

It is truly a pvp burst damage nerf... one wich i personally feel is slightly unjust.. With resilience and everything else all in effect.. we VARY rarely crit a full bar of execute for more than 8k when lucky..

But i understand that this in return will allow us to fallow up on more attacks afterward.. rather then being empty with no option other then a white attack, had the exectue not finished them off.. and if our charge is on c/d. Before this change.. most warriors, myself included alwasy made sure that when it was time to exectue for the kill, my bloodrage was off c/d.