Thread: trial of DCing

trial of DCing

tonight my 25 man guild went into trial of the crusader and i (melee dps) couldnt stay online at the begininng of the fight and had a very hard time getting back in, i couldnt log in until the first boss was almost dead, i tried adjusting my video different ways such as turning down partical detail bit nothing helped...is this going on to anyone else? and anyone know a fix?

Re: trial of DCing

Didn't really have any problems on Tuesday when we killed it. One guy had some issues but it wasn't related in any way to the instance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I've been having that issue - to a lesser or greater extent - since 3.2 came out. Any transition into/out of a zone (hearthing, entering instances, etc. - but not walking/flying) seems to trigger an unstable phase. Adjusting settings, turning off add ons, blitzing wtf/interface/cache, restarting WoW, restarting computer... no effect. Last night it got really, really bad... to the point that I'd log back in - and 30 sec. later it'd DC me again. Interestingly enough, I could get on an alt and be fine... it was just my main.

Looking at the Blizz site and checking forums (including this one), it's a "known problem"... but there is no known solution yet. I've been trying to get ahold of someone at Blizz (phone, web support, on an alt via GM ticket)... but haven't yet managed to get an answer.

A few people have suggested just quitting the game, waiting 20 min., and coming back in - it's fixed it for some. It did NOT fix it for me.

A few people have suggested uninstalling and reinstalling... which takes time. Several people have said this hasn't worked either. (I haven't tried it yet.)

As Sam said, it doesn't seem to be related to ToC: I've seen it in Dalaran, Orgimmar, Isle of Conquest, Ulduar, ToC, and about half the heroics out there. Others have reported it everywhere as well.

Hopefully someone gets an answer soon... 'cuz as it stands, I can barely load in before I'm DCd again.

i have this all the time. everywhere.

the simple answer is; how many people there are in an area; the more there are, the worse problems your system's guna have ^.^

if you d/c in an instance with only four other people? no problem! 24 other people? could take alil more time
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.