Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Are priests naturally this slow in lvling ?

This spec should be what you are aiming for at level 20. It reduces downtime by a lot.

Stat priority should be:
    Spell Power > Spirit > Intellect > Stamina

So basicly you'd want items "of the Owl" enchanted with Spell Power.
    -gear for spirit and spellpower those stats are the main stats you need especially at low lvl(you will not find to much sp gear at low lvl so keep the spirit at least)
    No you priorty is wrong and do not go for spellpower at low levels.

Dont gear for spellpower and spirit - gear for spirit and int

Talent:

Spirit Tap - 3pts (shadow tree)
    Holy Specializtion - 5pts
    Divine Fury - 5pts
    Desperate Prayer - 1pts
    Put 4pts what ever you like here in holy tree
    Searing Light - 2pts
    Again put 1pts what ever you like here in holy tree
    Spiritual Guidance - 5pts
    Surge of Light - 2pts

Gear and stats:

1) Spirit
    2) Intellect
    3) what ever

Get gear with spirit that is the most importent at low levels check AH for "owl" gear it will give you +spirit and +int.

Glyph:

Glyph of Smite

Rotation:

Holy Fire - Smite - Smite - Smite - wand

How many smite depend on the mob of course 1 -3 never more then 3smite. Shield up when you have mana for it when you hit 30 you can always have shield up.

EDIT: If I remember it right I think that when you get cloeser to lvl 50 shadow begin to out dps holy but I am not 100% sure about this. If it is correct then it will be better to respec to shadow at lvl 50.
    Follow this guide this will make your leveling easyer.

-you can beat mobs higher lvl than yours because after you spec into proper talents you have a high chance to hit
    That is realy bad way to level and it will go even slower if he do quest or farm mobs that is higher level then him self. Your own level maximum, green mobs is your best friends - they will melt like butter in sun.

Remember that the two spellpower trinket (forgot the name of the trinket) give you back mana on each mobs you kill and they stack( trinket) you should not have any mana problems if you follow my guide.

sorry Elektrik but I can't agree with you.
    I went 1-70 shadow and NEVER had any mana problems. 50-70% ....FULL with spirit before next mob...E A S Y
    NEVER DIED never ran out of mana. Hell I looked for trouble. Flew thru everything SUPER EASY.
    so bliz said F that and we got the spirit nerf UP THE A#$
    I could not kill 2 mobs without running out of mana. WTF
    SO I read up and sure we have tools to gain mana BUT it is still now like in the before times 
    its slower and you get to spend mana to get mana....UH WHAT?

With the new holy nova glyph u can do some realy good aoe, at my 75 priest i do more dmg with holy nova than with mind sear and it heals!
    maybe u need lvl 30 before its good to aoe though.

if u like to heal also i would recommend this spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10192

when u get surge of light holy nova have a good chance of procing it while healing and helping dming, i usualy got over good rogues on dmg meeters this way (poor guys got no aoe) and still keeping everyone alive without needing to drink more than a couple of times each instance.

i like this spec better for lvling only though, reflective shield helps alot especialy when aoeing.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10192

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    sorry Elektrik but I can't agree with you.
    I went 1-70 shadow and NEVER had any mana problems. 50-70% ....FULL with spirit before next mob...E A S Y
    NEVER DIED never ran out of mana. Hell I looked for trouble. Flew thru everything SUPER EASY.
    so bliz said F that and we got the spirit nerf UP THE A#$
    I could not kill 2 mobs without running out of mana. WTF
    SO I read up and sure we have tools to gain mana BUT it is still now like in the before times
    its slower and you get to spend mana to get mana....UH WHAT?

Meh...I disagree from recent experience. VT > SW:P > VE > DP > MF > MB > Wand if necessary.

Not really sure how you're running out of mana from that. Sure, if you're trying to kill mobs in 5 seconds you'll run out of mana, but killing a mob in 10 seconds and having 95% mana before pulling the next mob is much better than drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    Why!?!?! Why would you put yourself through the agony!!!!!
    Well, I can't just clone my current one onto another server (unfortunately) and some work friends and me are levelling new characters on a new server, and once you go Priest you don't go back.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Currently level 13, I bought this guy every single heirloom, chest, shoulders, aurastone hammer, two sp trinkets, best possible chants for the level and its going pretty slow right now, is this normal ? At what level will I start to catch a break ?
    i think leveling my priest has been by far the most fun i have had leveling a character
    it is rather slow until 20 though

I agree with the guys above. After level 20 with MF and with DP your killing goes by much faster! I use the spirit from food buff and two of my items are all spirit. I also have all of the heirloom pieces on my priest and of course that helps with the extra xp bonuses. I hear that it gets even faster after level 40. But so far i cant complain. I never go oom and sometimes out of boredom I just use cannibalize.

Of course leveling a lock has been much easier. I probably hit level 20 in half the time because of the imp/vw. But for spriest look on the bright side, haha we can put a HoT on ourselves, Inner Fire is badass, and so is PW:S. I believe that you're leveling will definitely pick up when you acquire the new skills.

5 points in Spirit/Imp Spirit tap is how I have gone so far. Here's what my toon looks like at 22:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wer&n=Khristos

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Meh...I disagree from recent experience. VT > SW:P > VE > DP > MF > MB > Wand if necessary.

Not really sure how you're running out of mana from that. Sure, if you're trying to kill mobs in 5 seconds you'll run out of mana, but killing a mob in 10 seconds and having 95% mana before pulling the next mob is much better than drinking.
    If you do this rotation you will go oom in 2-3 mobs.
    When you get VT you only VT-MB-MF-MF-MF the rest is overkill and redundant. Throw in VE when u get 50% HP and you can go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    Its not normally slow....

Im guessing your opening with MB, then just doting and wanding.....
    Holy Fire is some nice damage too if its needed, used that a lot until i got shadowform at level 40.
    Priests are slow in the beginning. At level 20 it should get faster due to Mind Flay, and again at level 40 due to Shadowform.

Holyfire is a great addition to your damage though when you dont have shadowform, after you get shadowform its obviously useless as shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benner
    If you do this rotation you will go oom in 2-3 mobs.
    Hm...no. I'm guessing you didn't read my post. I don't go OOM when grinding...using that rotation.

Obviously I don't use DP every mob, because it's only up for every 3 or so, but you better believe I'll continue using SW:P. Until I need to drink, I don't see any way that you could say killing mobs slower by using your rotation would be better than killing them faster and still not going OOM.

I leveled my Spriest from 1 to 80 (before mount update) in a little over 6 days /played.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Currently level 13, I bought this guy every single heirloom, chest, shoulders, aurastone hammer, two sp trinkets, best possible chants for the level and its going pretty slow right now, is this normal ? At what level will I start to catch a break ?
    Yes, it is.
    Priest 1-20 is the worst leveling experience anyone will ever see.

It will improve at 20, but still be a little clunky.
    At 40 you'll start to become a grinding machine.
    At 60 you'll unfold completely.

Fastest way of leveling a priest (im crazy enough to have done it 3 times) from 10-40 is to spec spirit tap, then go Holy/Disc.

Shadow isnt even remotely as fast at those levels.

At 40 it really doesnt matter wether you go Holy or shadow. But once you hit 60, Shadow is definately the way to go.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Update on my new Priest:

He is currently half way through level 37, at just over 2 days /played on a new realm (PVP). I don't have any heirloom items or unusual gear, and so far I have done SFK once and SM once. No other Instances.

For levelling, a few things about Shadow at the moment:
    Glyph of Mind Flay is not reducing the slow speed on lower ranks of Mind Flay, so it still slows for 50% at 36 yard range.
    Holy Fire and Mind Blast together make things a lot easier than they used to be, since Holy Fire now does actual damage and costs so little.
    Battleground experience is sort of hit-or-miss. If you capture all 5 bases in AB and hold them, you get a constant flow of Experience, but apart from that the time you spend in a BG would gain you less experience than killing a few mobs.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

yea

Fastest way to level a Priest: Find some DPS that you can just heal while they kill everything. Especially helpful, noncasters. I have leveled 4 Priests in my 4 years of WoW and I promise, that is the best way ;D Otherwise, it is seriously slow. And boring. You were better off when there was Imp Wand Spec!

priests are really tough to level now, i think it's to do with 3.0 changes.

when i levelled mine to 60 pre tbc once you got MF it was MB, strafe away from mob, SW:P, stop strafing after gcd, MF, MF, Wand.

my girlfreind just levelled one recently and up until 40 it was a real struggle to kill stuff.

wand spec was good for priest leveling, but yah can pretty close to 2 shot things at around your level with holy fire and mindblast with enough spell power.
    its perhaps best to just run instances and heal.

lotta screenshot or it didnt happen posts goin on here