How to make money off inscription?

Hey guys

Basically: What the title says.

Levelling inscription atm, I'm at 310 skill, but I find it hard to make some profit off of it?

Should I not bother putting glyphs on the ah anymore (for every 5 glyphs I put on there, not more than 1 gets sold, and yes, I do try to check which ones are highest priced/most popular), because they don't sell, even if I put them on for 30% cheaper than the cheapest that's on.

Let me know!

Re: How to make money off inscription?

The short answer to this question is: You don't.

Many players will talk about the money they make with inscription, but in reality there are many other professions that make gold easier and faster. consider that most players only use one or two specs, so once they are properly glyphed then they're set. sometimes new glyphs come out, or mechanics change causing re-glyphing, but generally there is no need to frequently reglyph. Professions such as jewelcrafting and enchanting provide steady income because nearly every time an upgrade drops someone will be gemming and enchanting it.

If you're a scribe the strength of your profession is in the shoulder enchant if you're raiding, or the convenience of making your own glyphs if you're not. you can make some money off of the various off-hands (rituals of the new Moon sells well on my rp server), or off of the Darkmoon Cards. however, DMCs are no longer best in slot trinkets for most specs and their value has diminished significantly. They are also a pain in the ass to make.

Re: How to make money off inscription?

This is how to do it:

Buy 4 packs of endless pockets and equip them on a new bank char or you can use your main if you don't mind walking around with the begs for inscription items only.

Secondly, you have to learn all your minor and ones from inscription books glyphs if you really want to make money because those are the ones that sell the most and higher gold. If you haven't no problem. I’m just letting you know so you don't discouraged because you aren't making a lot of money.

Now this is how to sell glyphs the right way:

1) GO to AH and look up every single glyph you can make and make 3 of each glyph that sells for more than 10G.
    As you learn the new ones also check to see how much they sell for and if they sell high make some too.

2) The reason I said to make 3 is because, from my experience, it is the ideal number. You put up 2 for auction and keep 1 in your bags. Why keep one in your bags? Because that way you know which glyphs are the ones you are selling, you can go to AH and shift click on all your glyphs to make sure you haven't been undercut. Much easier than typing and looking up your glyphs if you can remember all the ones you are selling. Also, you only keep 2 up because you often get under cut before you sell your 2 glyphs so it is much easier to cancel 2 auctions than lets say 5 or 6. You can monitor your auctions and see which ones you have sold and just make a new one for the one you have sold and put it back up.

3)Auctions must be for 12 hours. Well, if you are serious about making lots of money they must be no more than this time. Why? that way they expire faster and you can put them back up ensuring you always have the best price most of the time compared to people who put them up for 48 or who put them up in between the time you put up yours and they expired. This is another big reason why to make only 2. Imagine if you put up 5 or 6 glyphs of each kind? how long do you think its going to take to put them all back up when they expire?

4)If you gather your own herbs don't do it anymore. Just buy them from the AH. The only herbs I recommend gathering are the blindweed from swamp of sorrows. I forget what type of ink but the herbs required always sell for a lot, at least they do in my realm. The other herbs to make your inks sell between 5 and 20 gold. If you aren't in the need of ink don't buy stack of herbs for more than 15G only do it when you have ran out. Just wait it out and buy them as they come up for cheap. Also, even if you don't need that specific ink, buy the stacks of herbs if they are really cheap that way you have them for when you need. The reason i am telling you not to gather herbs is because its time consuming. Rather than that, spend time with your glyphs and monitoring the AH.

5) Right now is the perfect time to have them up since a lot of people are coming back to look at the new patch and due to class changes to abilities people are probably trying new specs and glyphs too.

I used to make around 5K per day when I needed money, I don't any more so I don't spend much time in AH, and was making 10K when the new books of inscription came out It really depends how much money you want to make, and it isn't any easier with any other profession, but the more time you spend in the Ah the more you will make. If you don't need that much money then just put them up for the 12 hours and come back then and put them back up. That is what i do now and usually make about 1k to 2K gold each time.

Good Luck