Deleted

Resilience and you, how exaclty does it work?

Ok, here's the story. Me and my disc priest tested resilience in 3.2 due to the fact that I could beat him down in seconds in a duell.

He gave me the % of his critchance reduce, his critdmgreduce and his average dmg reduce. it reads like 10.16% critchancereduce, 22.36% critdmgreduce and 10.16 % avg dmg reduce.

We tested it via recount and white hits only, 580 -600 hits per test. first we tested with priest wearing pvp gear, then with pve gear. the results were: critdmg reduce is correct, avg dmg is correct, critchance reduce is only 4.1% which is a difference of 6% ...

here's the question. is critchance reduce a pure reduction as stated by the numer or is it actually 10% of my personal critchance which would be 3-4% assuming I have a critchance of 30-40%?

gimme advice so I can quit pvp or think about it one more day

Re: Resilience and you, how exaclty does it work?

Its never going to be exact lol. That's just how it is. That's like saying if I flip a coin 10 times its going to be 5 head and 5 tails. exactly. If you have a high crit chance you still crit alot, even with resil. It just lessons the pain a little.

Edit: yes it would effect YOUR personal crit chance. Which if high, your most likely still gunna crit alot.
    Hello 15 year old that considers himself a mature, sensible and truthspeaking God of Man.

Quote Originally Posted by gobgob34
    Its never going to be exact lol. That's just how it is. That's like saying if I flip a coin 10 times its going to be 5 head and 5 tails. exactly. If you have a high crit chance you still crit alot, even with resil. It just lessons the pain a little.

Edit: yes it would effect YOUR personal crit chance. Which if high, your most likely still gunna crit alot.
    no, its a flat reduction - it doesnt take into other peoples crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezza
    no, its a flat reduction - it doesnt take into other peoples crit chance.
    He's asking if because the priest has a -6% chance of being crit, that it would be -6% exact if he were hitting him for 5 minutes. So if he had a 20% crit chance, he would have crit the priest 14% to the dime. It woudnt be 14% exactly. It just lessons your chance to be hit by that much, but depending on the other persons crit, it would change the numbers. Remember the word "Percent" means a PROBABILITY, not an exact number.
    Hello 15 year old that considers himself a mature, sensible and truthspeaking God of Man.

yes it would effect YOUR personal crit chance
    made it sound like you thought it was a percentage reduction on the other persons crit chance.

Deleted

so ...wowwiki says it's a flat reduction. that means my buddy's 958 resilience which ~should~ provide a 10.16% critchance reduction seems to be bugged. and since the second gm today stated that there's no bug with characters nor resilience we can skip pvp and put it in the dumpster ...because no matter who much resilience you stack, it just won't help at all because he still eats a lot of crits, actually 6% more than he should. GJ Blizz -.-

I think there is a bug with resilience as well. We did some 3's last night and had put on more res becasue of the -15% blizz added on it. But it seemed to me that even with 1020 res I was dieing faster than before but only in Arena. My preist with 1040 res got globaled by a few rogues before I could even hit with a peel. Seems buggy but only in arena Bg's seem fine I can tank 3+ people for the most part and walk away with 5-8k hp still.
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!

Deleted

well i doubt that somehow....can't imagine that the bug only appears outside arena

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa
    well i doubt that somehow....can't imagine that the bug only appears outside arena

resilience to me has seemed to always be bugged, at times I noticed it where it seem like it just dont work, other times it does.

then theirs issues where some spells and abilities ignore resilience, but that is something you dont hear about from blizzard or they lie about it like they did with Chaos Bolt.

Bottom line is, theirs issues and problems with this game blizzard is too embarassed to come out on.

Deleted

right