Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Icecrown Citadel better be amazing

K I understand Colliseum is placeholder and they made it fast to have more time to do citadel. Also I hate this 1 boss per week system with faceroll bosses. Basically we went there i didnt even know what to do did stupid mistakes and eventually the boss died anyway in first try. Didnt blizzard say the difficulty will rise with each tier of raid? I mean even the non-hardmodes shouldnt be this pathetic when this is already the 3rd raid tier. But ok in the end I can live with it and wait another 4 months facerolling the easy modes cos my guild cba to do hardmodes most of the time .

Now what i expect of Icecrown citadel.

- Not facerollable normal modes which are about as hard as sarth 3d 25.
    - atleast 14 bosses each with unique abilites and not reused models of bosses and abilities.
    - Huge instance with nice graphics
    - Arthas hard mode only and rly rly rly hard epic fight which last atleast 20 minutes but not like illidan when u change only 3 phases.
    - t10 to be quality of t6/ sunwell with amazing set bonuses and looks.
    - good itemization. Not like million items in ulduar where even if you kill the boss for the first time half of it is disenchanted and 70% of the loot has stupid stats and recolored million times. For every item separate model.
    - some legendary item. Staff of caster sword would be logical this time. Or maybe for the first time ever Artifact?

I still havent lost my hopes in blizzard and believe they can pull of something in this expansion which i dont like so far. Tbc was most probably the peak of wow With BT / hyjal and swp being amazing instances.
    /discuss

Re: Icecrown Citadel better be amazing

Yes master.
    We won't let you down master.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

for first Colisum aint fully done yet they will buff it and Heroic Mode on 25 man is really hard

And icecrown citadel Staff , sword wtf

FROSTMOURNE !

is it just me or does this guy sound like hes 7 and hasn't done any Coliseum at all yet...

and if every boss in icecrown was like sarth 3d 25, then not a lot of people would see it. (doubt blizzard would do that)
    “The shadows will hide me until my true power is recognized.”
    RP Character -- Niklaus "Nick" Giorgiovo (My First)

- Not facerollable normal modes which are about as hard as sarth 3d 25.
    Sarth is hard. :
    - atleast 14 bosses each with unique abilites and not reused models of bosses and abilities.
    Because we've had an instance where none of the bosses were recycled models. :
    - Huge instance with nice graphics
    Yeah, probably will happen, considering the lack of art design time spent in the coliseum I'd say they've either been spending a lot of time on Icecrown, or they blew it all on the new BG (which looks great btw)
    - Arthas hard mode only and rly rly rly hard epic fight which last atleast 20 minutes but not like illidan when u change only 3 phases.
    Hate to rain on your parade but blizzard wants everyone who is serious about killing Arthas to kill him. Not going to happen.
    - t10 to be quality of t6/ sunwell with amazing set bonuses and looks.
    Uhhh... sunwell stuff looked like garbage in my eyes. Whatever floats your boat.
    - good itemization. Not like million items in ulduar where even if you kill the boss for the first time half of it is disenchanted and 70% of the loot has stupid stats and recolored million times. For every item separate model.
    What stuff are you talking about that's DE'd? And stuff is going to share models, that's just called being efficient.
    - some legendary item. Staff of caster sword would be logical this time. Or maybe for the first time ever Artifact?
    I think that we'll likely see a tank sword / polearm legendary in Icecrown if Blizzard decides to have a legendary obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBored
    ...- Not facerollable normal modes which are about as hard as sarth 3d 25....
    I'd hope the easiest encounter in the Citadel was of this difficulty, because 3drakes on 25man was not a huge challenge at all (10man 3drakes was a bit more of a struggle).

Personally I don't think they'll let the Citadel be a let down

imo arthas should be like algalon v2.0 but..

Defeat the HARDEST of all hardmodes in IC on heroic and unlock arthas, only for 30min.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue
    imo arthas should be like algalon v2.0 but..

Defeat the HARDEST of all hardmodes in IC on heroic and unlock arthas, only for 30min.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    I hear this planet orbits a giant ball of fire, perhaps you could go outside and confirm this?
    i hear theres stuff inside making the fire

15+ Year Old Account

OR

Eveyone will get to do it on normal modes, including LK. Heroic modes will be harder. LK will be a hard fight and drop sweet loots.

ROLFMAO at artifact items. Please just dont ever mention this. Stop the Artifact loot talk.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

If Frostmourne drops it will most likely be like the Corupted Ashbringer that dropped in old 40 naxx...Yeah its still the same weapon but a watered down version of it

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    /facepalm
    Dude, it's likely to be a tanking legendary (Thunderfury was our last one). There's also probably gonna be Frostmourne too.

It's gone in this order so far;
    Tanking + 2h Melee DPS > Caster DPS > 1h/DW Melee DPS > Ranged Physical DPS > Healer
    Thunderfury + Sulfuron > Atiesh > Warglaives > Thori'dal > Val'anyr

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Frostmourne WASN'T lootable. I do believe we're most likely to see a tanking legendary next. I'm merely going by logic. After that, it'd likely be a 2H Melee DPS weapon, with a caster DPS legendary after that.

As for the question at hand, Icecrown will be amazing. Just trust me
    Maybe some day Enh shamans will be able to use a legendary...
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Haskel
    Maybe some day Enh shamans will be able to use a legendary...
    Back in the day Enhancement Shamans raped if they had Hand of Rag.

Anyways, I don't see Frostmourne being a drop. Blizzard has joked about how silly it would be if it did drop, that it would turn you into the new Lich King. What I see more likely is that a shard of Frostmourne splinters off and that's the final piece you need to make the 1-hd sword / polearm weapon.

Do you think any of the people who attempted to invade Ice Crown Citadel in the past would be raised as bosses in the instance?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Orman_of_Stromgarde for instance...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Back in the day Enhancement Shamans raped if they had Hand of Rag.

Anyways, I don't see Frostmourne being a drop. Blizzard has joked about how silly it would be if it did drop, that it would turn you into the new Lich King. What I see more likely is that a shard of Frostmourne splinters off and that's the final piece you need to make the 1-hd sword / polearm weapon.
    Nah, it will be a weapon that really fits death knights. After all, DK's are the hero class of this expansion like it or not. Frostmourne is still a strong candidate.

/facepalm
    Dude, it's likely to be a tanking legendary (Thunderfury was our last one). There's also probably gonna be Frostmourne too.

It's gone in this order so far;
    Tanking + 2h Melee DPS > Caster DPS > 1h/DW Melee DPS > Ranged Physical DPS > Healer
    Thunderfury + Sulfuron > Atiesh > Warglaives > Thori'dal > Val'anyr

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if Frostmourne WASN'T lootable. I do believe we're most likely to see a tanking legendary next. I'm merely going by logic. After that, it'd likely be a 2H Melee DPS weapon, with a caster DPS legendary after that.

As for the question at hand, Icecrown will be amazing. Just trust me
    Tbh no way frostmourne gonna end up as crappy 1h tanking sword, big 2h melee dps sword inc!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Two points...

1) Arthas will be available to everyone. A whole expansion is based around him. It would be moronic for a game to continue based around a key figure and not have everyone playing that game see him in the final fight.

2) If a legendary drops it will be aimed at Death Knights. Once again to bring an end to the expansion in which Death Knights are a key element.

It helps immensly when people read what was written.
    Wheres Somnio? Shouldn't he be correcting your spelling of immensely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Don't expect normal modes to become hard.
    Want a challenge? Do hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by KFrost2008
    1) Arthas will be available to everyone. A whole expansion is based around him. It would be moronic for a game to continue based around a key figure and not have everyone playing that game see him in the final fight.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. As much as the original poster is a moron who expects Blizzard to bow down to him and feed him lobster, he will be dissapointed, and come back crying when the Icecrown patch comes out. But Arthas available to everyone? No. He should be like Illidan. My guild worked hard to get geared enough to step into SSC and TK, and when we killed Kael and Vashj, it felt amazing. In Hyjal, we continued and once Azgalor was down, we stepped into BT. Sure, it wasn't a freaking walk in the park, but we did it. Shortly after Gurtogg Bloodboil died, Archimonde died. When I got my T6 helm, I went to sleep with the biggest smile on my face ever. And we kept pushing, it took almost two weeks, but we got Illidan down. Buying the expansion =/= being able to kill the end boss. No, you have to have some god damn dedication. In fact, I was so burnt out from the BC raids, I quit for six months. Arthas won't be a damn freebie for any 15-minutes-of-WoW-a-day casual who thinks "Woah, that looks cool!"

Nerdrage, brb Mountain Dew.