Am I going the right way with ArP?

So, I've been playing Arms for a while here...however, I still feel odd when it comes to truly knowing my class. I know that stacking ArP is the way to go with arms. however, what is the cap for this? Is there a certain point I should stop?

Currently, my armor pen (this is including Mace and stance) is 77.46%, and I have grim toll as well. I'm not sure if the 100% ArP cap ever came out or not, and this has me questioning my ArP. Should I continue stacking to 100% to replace grim toll? Or, should I swap out to some Str gems and drop some ArP to allow grim toll procs to fill the empty space?

This is the link to my armory. Please note I am not fully geared, and am also way above hit cap currently. Also working on getting my emblem belt (finally).
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rgeras&n=Rayad

So, any help on what I should do would be fantastic. I can, in my current gear, hold about 3.75k~4K on the heroic dummy. However, I know that doesn't always scale correctly when in actual boss fights.

Pretty much...am I going the correct way with how I am stacking this ArP?

Re: Am I going the right way with ArP?

Poleaxe spec > mace spec

you need to drop 100 hit rating and replace it with crit/str/ArP
    expertise isn't as good for arms as it is for fury (think overpower)

Yes ArP is godly for arms, but you cannot simply sacrifice your other stats. 25% crit is abysmally low (you want to aim for 50% raid buffed - soft cap factoring in imp overpower) so you might be ignoring a lot of armor, but you are hitting like Mr. Burns.

also, get a decent weapon enchant.

i concur with aerials- ArP is nice, but stacking to reach absurd penetration(giggidy) at the cost of crit and potential raw AP isn't the smartest way to go- I play axe spec and stack STR in my sockets, i get about 48% raid buffed and have about 5k ap, and still get about 40% penetration, and i never have trouble outburning those who tried to scramble to 100% as soon as blizz said ArP was viable. You need significantly more crit and id say dropping some of that ArP is the best way to get to a well balanced spreadsheet.

Rule of thumb if you have grim toll is to stack around 50-55% passive armor pen, your trinket will take care of the rest.

So remove some of those armor pen gems and focus on other stats.

Your crit is pitifully low.

Replace your naxx boots with the epic crafted dps boots. You get two sockets on them and one is blue. So move one of your purple gems to there and get the +6 str bonus to go with it. And also bring your hit rating down and give you more crit. Put either run speed or attack power on your new boots. That will take your hit rating down 85 and you will still be over cap, and you will have a little more crit.

Replace mirror of truth with Greatness trinket if you can get it at a decent price.

If you want to be taken seriously as arms, you need to replace mining with BS and get yourself two extra sockets in your bracers and gloves. Unless prot is your main, but even the stam buff is not that high off mining and you can better with the two sockets.

Drop Icewalker on your boots and replace with +32 AP

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Mccheese
    Drop Icewalker on your boots and replace with +32 AP
    12 crit rating + 12 hit rating > 32ap

He also need the crit.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Aerials
    expertise isn't as good for arms as it is for fury (think overpower)
    Because having a white attack get dodged isn't going to do anything to your rage generation, right? Stop spreading bad information. Bleeds will keep you hitting overpower every 6 secs and it'll remain on cooldown without the help of missing a white attack that will generate you the rage you need to keep using an move every global cooldown.

Start grinding ToC(H). You'll find a replacement for your weapon, boots and necklace there. This should boost your crit by about 7%, drop your hit just enough to still maintain hit cap and increase your ArP from gear.

With Grim Toll you can be anywhere from ~50% ArP to ~75% ArP to still get a reasonable benifit from the proc. If you got more than ~75%, drop Grim Tol for a better trinket and continue gemming for ArP all the way to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax
    12 crit rating + 12 hit rating > 32ap

He also need the crit.
    If you are over hit cap then 32ap is better. Hit gives you nothing over the cap. 32ap > 12crit.

Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobando
    i concur with aerials- ArP is nice, but stacking to reach absurd penetration(giggidy) at the cost of crit and potential raw AP isn't the smartest way to go- I play axe spec and stack STR in my sockets, i get about 48% raid buffed and have about 5k ap, and still get about 40% penetration, and i never have trouble outburning those who tried to scramble to 100% as soon as blizz said ArP was viable. You need significantly more crit and id say dropping some of that ArP is the best way to get to a well balanced spreadsheet.
    some would call you a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    Start grinding ToC(H). You'll find a replacement for your weapon, boots and necklace there. This should boost your crit by about 7%, drop your hit just enough to still maintain hit cap and increase your ArP from gear.

With Grim Toll you can be anywhere from ~50% ArP to ~75% ArP to still get a reasonable benifit from the proc. If you got more than ~75%, drop Grim Tol for a better trinket and continue gemming for ArP all the way to 100%.
    this is the best reply post here, im at 76% with stance atm, waiting on a trink drop so i can drop my grim toll and hit 85%(and hopefully 94% with boots from malygos if they choose to drop after 5 months of farming for em >.>)
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Kobando
    to reach absurd penetration(giggidy)
    ^
    Made my day

ont: moar hit

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mrjoshua
    If you are over hit cap then 32ap is better. Hit gives you nothing over the cap. 32ap > 12crit.

Nice try though.
    Runspeed > both.