Matchmaking System Change

Just like to let you guys know of a matchmaking system change. There has been no blue post to this (of my knowledge).

I'm not the one who found this out, and there's a huge thread on arena junkies about it. I searched for a thread about it here but found nothing. Anyways, what happens is say you are matched up against a team of your MMR, its 2300. You win and get say 9 points. OMG YAY! Then you CANNOT que against that team again unless you wait in the que for... 10-15 minutes. Instead, you wait in the que for 5 minutes and get a team with an MMR 400 lower than yours, and since its a counter, you lose 20 points. Great. You might be lucky enough to que up against the team with the 2300 MMR again, but probably not since theyre in a game against someone with a much lower MMR as well.

Pretty much no semi high teams can push for glad unless they want it to take 32905823590 years, and all the high teams can sit on their ratings (which, personally, Im fine with).

Have you guys noticed this?

Re: Matchmaking System Change

Quote Originally Posted by Musabi
    Just like to let you guys know of a matchmaking system change. There has been no blue post to this (of my knowledge).

I'm not the one who found this out, and there's a huge thread on arena junkies about it. I searched for a thread about it here but found nothing. Anyways, what happens is say you are matched up against a team of your MMR, its 2300. You win and get say 9 points. OMG YAY! Then you CANNOT que against that team again unless you wait in the que for... 10-15 minutes. Instead, you wait in the que for 5 minutes and get a team with an MMR 400 lower than yours, and since its a counter, you lose 20 points. Great. You might be lucky enough to que up against the team with the 2300 MMR again, but probably not since theyre in a game against someone with a much lower MMR as well.

Pretty much no semi high teams can push for glad unless they want it to take 32905823590 years, and all the high teams can sit on their ratings (which, personally, Im fine with).

Have you guys noticed this?
    2s right now is worthless, I tried just 2 games and knew what was going to occur with the changes, that was no one dying pretty much.

But I notice the same thing as well. I find it impossible for any team with the current changes to the system and classes to win more then 50% now between 2000-2700, quite frankly anyone over 2400 in some battlegroups is going set on their rating anyway. So that pretty much leaves you with having to face lower rated teams constantly. The system is just dumb, they get worse every patch with arena.

Currently I feel all the DPS teams are on the same level with 3.2, BUT the healers is what messes it up because you cant kill them unless its a priest, even then thats difficult. Thus what happens is you get a long game 20+ mins and see who runs out of mana first.

Dont even get me started with CC now, its now prolonging games where you can fear, sheep, rinse and repeat that constantly, but it literally does no good when no one dies. This is not the 1400s either, this is the 2000-2400s I am talking about, and pvp is a fucking joke at this level now.

I noticed the 3vs3 matchmaking sucks a lot aswell, losing from 1500ish teams winning from 1750 teams, hell we are even up against 2100 teams, while we never ever are able to cross the 1700 rating.

While we have matchmaking rating between 1700 and 1800, but we cant get there, we played over a 500 games this season.

I didn't notice anything different than usual queuing up around 2k this weekend. We fought teams ranging from 1900-2200, everything seemed fine.

When we beat teams higher than us we usually didn't see them again, but I just chalked that up to the normal queue dodging. Just like whenever we fought a warrior team we waited to queue because we didn't want to feed them points.

We have 2700+ and more as 5on5 MMR.

We can't play anymore.

We've sat in Que now 4 days in Row for 4-5 Hours for not getting a Que

Impossible to get very very safezone.