Isle of Conquest Problems

The main problem with Isle of Conquest is there's too much emphasis on the hangar.

The horde always get annihalated at the hanger at the start of game. The alliance run up the hill from farther away and have a straight away before they get to the hangar node, while the horde have to come from directly up a hill, so they can't see what they're running into.

Plus the horde get bottle necked by the canyon they're running up, making it easy for the alliance to pick them off.

The alliance can protect the hangar easier because their airship guns can strike down people attacking the hanger, while the horde airship guns face away from the hanger, unable to shoot at enemies at the hangar.

I think the best solution would be to make the workshop and the docks more attractive. Tone down the blasting from the tower cannons so the ground vehicles can actually do some damage. They basically get blown up by the tower cannons by the time they reach the gate.

I'd also like to see more victories from resources. The refinery and the oil barracks (if I remember the names of the nodes correctly) probably regenerate resources too quickly.

Re: Isle of Conquest Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    The main problem with Isle of Conquest is there's too much emphasis on the hangar.

The horde always get annihalated at the hanger at the start of game. The alliance run up the hill from farther away and have a straight away before they get to the hangar node, while the horde have to come from directly up a hill, so they can't see what they're running into.

Plus the horde get bottle necked by the canyon they're running up, making it easy for the alliance to pick them off.

The alliance can protect the hangar easier because their airship guns can strike down people attacking the hanger, while the horde airship guns face away from the hanger, unable to shoot at enemies at the hangar.

I think the best solution would be to make the workshop and the docks more attractive. Tone down the blasting from the tower cannons so the ground vehicles can actually do some damage. They basically get blown up by the tower cannons by the time they reach the gate.

I'd also like to see more victories from resources. The refinery and the oil barracks (if I remember the names of the nodes correctly) probably regenerate resources too quickly.
    I agree with you, Isle of Conquest isn't completely fair right now. Heavy Seaforium Bombs need to be put in a big wooden box and thrown into the Maelstrom, IMO. Ten people laying down those babies and your gate is gone. Also, the Dock should be better. It has catapults, which are the equivalent of the Hangar, you can jump into the other team's base, and it has seige enginse, the glaive throwers, which have a longer range/more damage than the Demolishers. And yes, the map isn't completely mirrored, but at least it's not AV.

On my battlegroup, Alliance continually gets mowed down at hangar - so I don't think it's necessarily a map issue. I think most people, you'll find, will say that their side always gets beat at the hangar; it's because they forget about the times they win, they just remember when they lose.

Anyway - on subject: I think IoC does need some fixing. The hangar is way too powerful IMO. I think they change should be with the bombs though. If seaforium bombs weren't so powerful, easily to get, and reusable - then the hangar wouldn't be nearly as good. The C4 could be put on a longer cooldown or made 1 use only like the SotA bombs. There should also be some more incentive (other than the "Mine" achievement) to hold onto the Refinery and Quarry. The 30% siege damage just isn't that great considering how powerful the hangar is.

Overall, I'm very happy with IoC - it's MUCH better than Strand in my opinion. If they would fix it a little to make it less of a zerg-fest - it would be a near-perfect BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Hunters can kill the turrets from outside, but those turrets do seem quite powerful.

I think most people, you'll find, will say that their side always gets beat at the hangar; it's because they forget about the times they win, they just remember when they lose.
    This is exactly what causes most of the problems for people, not just in WoW, always
    focusing on negative instead of positive.
    Bigger than Life.

Adding more glaive throwers to the docks would make it a more attractive objective. 2 throwers is not a threat if the opposing side understands their potential, but 4-5 could assfuck a keep door good and proper, just like 15 people hopping off an airship and throwing down heavy bombs.

Something needs to be done for the workshop too, because right now all you get for it is a bunch of ass-dragging cannon fodder vehicles that get mowed down 100 yards from the keep. This works well for Wintergasp, but when you can simply right click a destroyed turret to repair it then demolishers and siege engines are garbage.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ
    Adding more glaive throwers to the docks would make it a more attractive objective. 2 throwers is not a threat if the opposing side understands their potential, but 4-5 could assfuck a keep door good and proper, just like 15 people hopping off an airship and throwing down heavy bombs.

Something needs to be done for the workshop too, because right now all you get for it is a bunch of ass-dragging cannon fodder vehicles that get mowed down 100 yards from the keep. This works well for Wintergasp, but when you can simply right click a destroyed turret to repair it then demolishers and siege engines are garbage.
    Indeed, I think the workshop needs a big buff. The docks are good, but being able to blastfuck through the gate with more glaive throwers would be awesome.