Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: MM rotation, back to 1 button macro spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnConner
    name one game that does pvp better then wow and if u say aion i hope u have a high flame resistance
    battlefield 2=>
    u didnt say rpg
    but i cant think of an rpgbased game with an great pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Ahahahaha, oh man, thanks, I needed a good laugh.
    I have to agree, sadly. ulduar is way too easy. granted we arent past Mimiron yet, but honest to god it's the same old encounters over and over again, i can basically play killzone 2 online and raid ulduar at the same time.

Arena is the only setting i can think of where constant adapting is needed, aswell as awareness on a whole new level.

My two cents
    Quote from: Sket on July 28, 2009, 11:42:21 am
    Sorry? Are u dump?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by JohnConner
    name one game that does pvp better then wow and if u say aion i hope u have a high flame resistance
    Dark Age of Camelot was
    50% of the Hunter population does not exist. They are Huntards.
    Don't Typ to Much, Lazy to Read

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga
    I have to agree, sadly. ulduar is way too easy. granted we arent past Mimiron yet, but honest to god it's the same old encounters over and over again, i can basically play killzone 2 online and raid ulduar at the same time.

Arena is the only setting i can think of where constant adapting is needed, aswell as awareness on a whole new level.

My two cents
    Maybe the reason you're not past mimiron is the Killzone 2 playing?

I have to agree, sadly. ulduar is way too easy. granted we arent past Mimiron yet
    Then you haven't even scratched the surface of what Ulduar has to offer.

Attempt Yoggy, Firefighter, and Rare Cache, and then get back to me.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld
    It looks like your shot rotation is messed up then, mine is:
    Serpent Sting, Aimedshot, Arcane Shot, then Chimera Shot...if i remember correctly aimed shot increases the damage from all other shots used after that (correct meh if im wrong)
    The OP did say he uses the full ArP MM Spec, which means dropping Arcane shot from your rotation and other than at the start you don't really need to use Rapid Fire/Readiness or Serpent Sting very much.

I do find it strange how as you get better gear with a hunter, to get more DPS you switch to an easier rotation. Are you haste capped too though? A lot of the ArP comes at the expense of haste, which makes the rotation not line up perfectly so a 1 button method probably won't work. Also, this rotation is best when stationary, not many fights in Ulduar keeps you stationary for very long so it's usefulness is diminished (can't cast steady while moving).

One skill I like to work on with my hunter is "stagged walking" where you walk while your autoshot CD runs down, stop to fire it and then walk again...it takes a bit of skill doing this and it's vital for MM to maintain a high DPS in movement fights as the majority of MM's damage comes from autoshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valilor
    The OP did say he uses the full ArP MM Spec, which means dropping Arcane shot from your rotation and other than at the start you don't really need to use Rapid Fire/Readiness or Serpent Sting very much.

I do find it strange how as you get better gear with a hunter, to get more DPS you switch to an easier rotation. Are you haste capped too though? A lot of the ArP comes at the expense of haste, which makes the rotation not line up perfectly so a 1 button method probably won't work. Also, this rotation is best when stationary, not many fights in Ulduar keeps you stationary for very long so it's usefulness is diminished (can't cast steady while moving).

One skill I like to work on with my hunter is "stagged walking" where you walk while your autoshot CD runs down, stop to fire it and then walk again...it takes a bit of skill doing this and it's vital for MM to maintain a high DPS in movement fights as the majority of MM's damage comes from autoshot.

Valior, get quartz as it shows you an autoshot-timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld
    It looks like your shot rotation is messed up then, mine is:
    Serpent Sting, Aimedshot, Arcane Shot, then Chimera Shot...if i remember correctly aimed shot increases the damage from all other shots used after that (correct meh if im wrong)
    you should keep in mind that chimera shot has two parts..
    one part in witch the chimera shot does damage, so the 125% damage and it can crit
    and after that you get another damage pop up, the serpent sting part 40% damage of serpent sting, witch can also crit
    this is why lots of people underastimate chimera shot.. you think it does 8k but actually it does above 12K
    and yes arcane shot is out of the question if you have good ArP

so pushing multiple button is what makes the game fun for you??

to me it is chatting on vent/skype pulling pranks and downing bosses.doing silly stuff,and most of all recovering from bad mistakes and doing a kill with a undergeared group.

or just ejoying the game and company of my guild.
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

welfare cache is hard?

oh lord
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

We ran a 10 man group through Ulduar 10 man last weekend and did the full Rusted Proto Drake Meta-Achievement in one run, finished in 3 hours. For me, that means it's too easy.

Mind you, I still had fun, otherwise I wouldn't be playing, but it just seems too easy at the moment.

Try 25 man Keeper hardmodes, then start calling Ulduar easy

Quote Originally Posted by wha?
    Try 25 man Keeper hardmodes, then start calling Ulduar easy
    with few coliseum pieces and everything nerfed you can really say it is tad hard as before 3,2
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

My two cents
    You say Ulduar is too easy but by August 14th you weren't past Mimiron yet? What!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    For me, the fun in this game does not come down to how many buttons I am pressing. Fun is progression, fun is getting that piece of gear you've been chasing for weeks, fun is getting together with your mates and pwning shit, fun is smashing that hard mode you've put so much time into learning, fun is well, fun. Pressing buttons is just what you do to play.

i'm so happy to read a post that really gets to the point of world of warcraft. that and the 'you are the guy that chose the boring spec' posts.

Happy Tauren