Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arms, i guess i suck!

Hey there.

So, my Raid forces me to play Arms because there already is a Fury. I´m cool with that because i played Arms in Vanilla and after all these Changes it´s really Fun to play. My Problem is: I believe my DPS are FAR too low.
    In Ulduar 25 I´m doing about 4k to 4,5k DPS in Trash and most of the Bossfights. But on long Fights with a single Target my DPS are going down very fast. Heavy Burst in the Beginning, and this is it, the longer the Fight, the lower my DPS. I reached roundabout 7K on Thorim(Arena), and i can hold up 5K on Vezax, but on other Fights i suck.
    Armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&n=C%C3%B3rin

I know, not every Item is good for MS, and I´m collecting better Gear right now, but tbh, I´m confused.
    I heared that for MS atm Agi>Str for Red Gems. I also heared that after 3.2 Precision>Berserk on the Weapon.
    And I´m not sue about that. Anyone heared this too, and what do you think about it?

Re: Arms, i guess i suck!

Ummm what?
    Do a little reading, use the search function, something. 4128709 topics like this aren't needed.

And for the record, ArP > Str > Agility (which only gives crit). And Berserk still tops the charts in my books. Precision for PvP maybe? But then again, I'd probably go with Massacre myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

if you can't reach 100% Armor pen with procs, you've not got enough armor pen!

just a really bad mix of items, i would just drop naked and go back to heroics and start over :-X

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganushí
    just a really bad mix of items, i would just drop naked and go back to heroics and start over :-X
    And that´s what i thought, i guess i just geared up wrong for MS, but the Problem is i started as Fury, and for MS most of the Parts suck.

So, i have to get other Gear with more ArP, Critt and Str.
    I really hope it´s not my Build that causes the Problems, or my Rotation.

While TBC i played Fury, topped every Meter (Deaths, most of the Time), but i knew what i did back then. I died in most of the Fights and anyway, i was on Top in DPS/ODD (Tanks hated me back then. > ). Right now my DPS suck, and I´m getting sick of it. I want more.

(I´m not a native Speaker. Don´t kill me for this crappy Piece of english, kthxbye!)

If you get a chance, head back into Naxx25 and try to pick up a Grim Toll. It will not only get you hit capped (and then some), but will give you a decent baseline for ArP. Also, replace all those +16 Crit gems with +16 Str gems. (With the exception of meta requirements.) Really look for a better helm also. Its BoE for a reason. The one from Razorscale 10 man is nice enough to give you the boost you need right now. Your weapon is very solid, the only thing you could improve on there would be Lotrafen.

All in all, your Arms set looks to be itemized in the wrong direction. You have alot of Haste, when you should be going for ArP/Str. Not hard to fix tho. Just scan thru some loot tables and see what you need.

Hit/exp> Arp> Str> Crit
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Drop Icewalker on the boots and get +32 AP. Also, get AP to gloves, not agility. Those are pretty much worthless enchants for Arms. Then again I'm using Black Ice for a weapon, would so much rather have the Axe you have :P

Deleted

Well at first, try to get rid of some exp. cap is 22 so you can free around 24 exp rating to get other stats for. The shoulders can easily be replaced by T7.5 ones, which are in my opinion by far superior, Grim Toll also would be great.

The new 5-man non heroic offers a trinket with 84arp + 1008 attack power on proc. Get it, its really easy to earn. You should stick with attack power or hit rating on gloves like mentioned before. Also go on with either 32ap or Tuskar Vitality in feet. In fast movement encounters runspeed will increase your dps time.

Bracers are a really weak point of your gear, replace it with either them from Gothik (Naxx Heroic) or the ones i wear for some hit/arp/crit and to get rid of some exp. Then T7.5 helmet also would be an option it has massive crit and some arp on it. Stick with 40arp/40stamina food.

And last, PowerAuras or Addons like that did greatly increase my dps. Try it, you will be amazed.

I can easily pull of like 5-5,5k dps on standard encounters even if my gear is a little weaker than yours, when you consider the average item lvl.

Und wenn du das ganze auf deutsch brauchst kann ichs dir auch so erklären :-)

/edit:

My Armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ock&n=Kharrath

My current Gear isnt that great, because i rerolled Elemental a month ago. But it will give you an overview of how an arms warri can look like (statwise).

Get rid of the crit gems imo. Also I think the person telling you that with the agi gems was taking the piss. ;D

I don't think your gear is all that bad though, just replace the crit gems with ArP/Str and as mentioned by someone else already, try and get your hands on Grim Troll.

Form what I unserstand Crit is mostly for Fury, your crit chance should be something liek 26-30% and go strength gems until your gear has about 20% ArP base then start stacking more.

Might have the noumber a little off I hadn't looked into it in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrtank
    Form what I unserstand Crit is mostly for Fury, your crit chance should be something liek 26-30% and go strength gems until your gear has about 20% ArP base then start stacking more.

Might have the noumber a little off I hadn't looked into it in a while
    Gemming pure crit is generally a bad idea for both Fury & Arms. Maybe for PvP if you lack crit but in 25mans you shouldn't have any issues with that.

And that´s what i thought, i guess i just geared up wrong for MS, but the Problem is i started as Fury, and for MS most of the Parts suck.
    Mortal Strike? You Slam, you Rend, you Overpower sir, and then you Execute with infinite rage.

your crit chance should be something liek 26-30%
    35%

And OP - find a good, slow mace and spec it. It will help a bit with apr (that 15% is gorgeous)

I believe he means Mace Spec

and I always use mortal strike in my rotation I think its number three on most damaging moves for me

My rotation is this:

Charge in to generate rage
    Apply rend
    Open with a Slam
    Slam again
    Hit Overpower or Execute when proc'd
    Hit MS when there's enough rage
    Keep rend up at all times (if specced this will proc Overpower basically all the time)

And that is really about it. If a warrior is not tanking I'll throw up a demo shout and a few sunders as well and maybe a Thunderclap every now and then to slow attack speeds. Maybe not exactly the rotation a lot will use, but I consistently am 4.5K DPS or higher in most 25 mans (damn my weapon...) and on some fights pushing 5.5k (Loetheb and Patchy in particular).

Crit is not as important as strength for arms. Most of your damage is coming from slams and MS procs and the occasional sudden death execute (or very frequently if you get a nice string of procs) so having a slow weapon with high top end damage and a truckload of AP behind it is going to do a ton of damage, more so then on average the crits.

And as said above, bracers = eww. Nice ilvl 219 brcaers drop in H 5-man TotC. Check my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Myrmccheese as I have the bracers and were an upgrade from the valor bracers (and a nice one at that )

Well at first, try to get rid of some exp. cap is 22 so you can free around 24 exp rating to get other stats for
    What? Have they changed something? Exp have allways been 26 if I aint wrong. Even with spec as it is hidden. Check the percent. U need 6.5% to be dodgecapped if I ain't wrong.

Deleted

I really want to thank you all for these Hints!

My Crit is unbuffed at ~35% right now, and I´m not sure about gem for Str, before i can get the 35% without Critgems.
    Also i will keep my Axe until i get Lotrafen or the Earthshaper (Or something out of ToCrusader).
    But the Helmet is not a Problem, i´ll get my 8,5 today, and there are decent Wrists in the new 5ManHC, there better than mine actually. And Grim Toll? Don´t talk about this Trinket, it NEVER dropped for me...It hates me, I know it.

Oh, and my Rotation is:

Charge->Rend->MS->Slam, that´s the Opener. After this it´s pretty much on Procs. I keep up Rend on the last Tick, and i also keep MS on Cooldown and Slam when there´s enough Rage and nothing else to press. Under 20% i replace Slam with Execute in my Rotation. If there´s more than one Target i use Cleave instead of Slam and keep Bladestorm on CD.

So, I really want to thank you all again. I will replace the worst Parts of my Gear, and if i can keep the 35% Critt without Gems, i will gem for ARP. Thank you again. =)

(Jupp, deutsch wär leichter gewesen. )

Quote Originally Posted by Letharia
    What? Have they changed something? Exp have allways been 26 if I aint wrong. Even with spec as it is hidden. Check the percent. U need 6.5% to be dodgecapped if I ain't wrong.
    Yup it's only 22 if you spec into weapon mastery aka go 56/15/0 instead of 54/17/0.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmboski
    Bolded part is where the problem might be. Let your rend completely finish. After the last tick, refresh. Its not a bad thing to let rend fall off for a split second. Not sure if i misunderstood that, but rend falling off procs OP.
    First of all, you can let Rend fall off for one ore two globals easily (if some other ability is about to expire like Sudden Death or Taste for Blood). Since you´ll have your OP proc on internal CD. That means if you refresh your rend a liitle later, that will not change your OP procc rate. Just be sure to let it take not more than 2 globals.

I did wrong by telling you 22 exp is the cap. It is 26. But what i mean´t is 22 would be the cap from items, so if you spec into Strength of Arms (and i´m damn sure you will) you´ll have the 26. Personally i don´t like Weapon Mastery, since its a waste of talent points pve-wise. But if you don´t reach the cap from gear + Strength of Arms you can specc into it.

/edit:

Your Gloves seem to be another weak point. Basically i can ay, get rid of every part on your gear that has haste on it, and get something with hit/crit/exp/arp whatever on it, it will be an improvement. And i can´t say it often enough: Hol dir paar sachen aus naxx 25, da gibts noch einige upgrades für dich, ohne dkp dafür zahlen zu müssen.

Then i looked at the boots from the 5-man heroic. They also in some cases could be an upgrade to yours.

And to improve your rotation, you can throw in some heroic strikes, if your rage bar does alllow it. It´s still a goog rage dump, since you can hit it, whenever you want, without triggering a global.

dear god don't socket crit

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    if you can't reach 100% Armor pen with procs, you've not got enough armor pen!
    Thought about this and i realized... sunders = 20% armor reduced. + my mace spec 15% + my passive 25% + when grim toll procs. 110% armor pen ruffly or 120% forgot how much grim toll is ... i need to regear Lol
    80 - warrior
    80 - mage
    80 - rogue