Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How has 3.2 affected your dps?

I am using 2 pieces of t8.25 prot for the 2pc set bonus.

I am extremely pleased with the results.

Patch 3.2 "affected" me in a positive way. I like that it's slightly more "tricky" now, if I may say so.

I just broke my personal record last night, the screenshot is right after we killed Hodir Hard Mode 25 man.

“There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

unfortunatly i couldn't really compare my hodir dps. I never had the buff more than 1:30 this week after having it 2:00 the last 3 weeks. But i'm fairly certain i would have been substatualy up. I did 9.3 or something around that this week. another 30 seconds, plus another use of wings (th begining of the fight is where i lacked the buff) probaly would have pushed me to 12k. (i've been doing 10-11k with blood and 2:00 of buff).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Better on hodir or thorim, worse on firefighter and yogg.

how did your dps go up on thorium? or do you mean on him himself? I was falling behind on adds pretty badly. I had to snag an extra DPS for arena to hold up.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Blackside
    I am using 2 pieces of t8.25 prot for the 2pc set bonus.

I am extremely pleased with the results.
    not targeting you, but reading your statement made me realize that it used to be somewhat respectable to have 2 piece 8.25. The badge system change posses me off. It means nothing to have those items anymore other than you had the time to waste on farming heroics.

Well, it was farming VoA before, It's heroics now. Not much of a chance, to get shoulders, you still have to raid.

Anyway, back on the topic, 2pc PROT set as RET, the 10% dmg bonus on SoV/SoC and SoR is move valuable than the few str and crit u get from the ret set imo. Not tested it thru though. But in pvp, with SoR glyph, the 2pc prot set and SotP talent, it's just amazing, even better than what it was before 3.2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    lol whut? taking agro with a crappy dps you must be doing something wrong lol
    If he did it without RF on, it's not him. Their tank is doing something terribly wrong. :P

3.2 has given me a huge boost in ret pve.

For example: Iron council - Here - Where hunters will obviously top damage because of the physical damage rune they can always be in, my dps has improved significantly from 3.1 and isn't so far behind the huntards considering.

And Hodir - Here - It is of course much more RNG than some other fights, but again, it's a massive improvement. 34k judges! 21k was my highest in 3.1 on the same boss!

I'm really happy with our single target deps at the moment!
    (armory link on signature)

as ret, stationar fights i get like 500DPS more, but fights where you have to switch targets = 500 less. Blizz should make SoV to proc off all attacks not just whites.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

main spec holy, off spec ret. did yogg 25 as ret tonight, used seal of right 100% of time as i was never on a target for more then 40 sec (brain)

seems dps has went up, just need to know when to run what seal is all. i think i did 5.3k dps when i used to be in the 4's on yogg 25.

using seal of corruption on hodir hard on tues i was 8k and i suck at that fight.

Well done mostly heroics, and i gotta say, dps isnt as great as before, i do abour 3.6 over all in an heroic with a normal setup 5 man. What i think they should do is to make Crusaderstrike add a stack of vegeance, and problem will be solved Bit anoying that u gotta use SoR now in all short fights now, Make vengeance stack quicker!

Seal of righteousness (spelling?) isn't so bad. The way it judges is nice, I get up to 7-8k judges with melee buffs and while the proc's might not be quite as much as blood/matyr used to be, I'd rather (in a 5man setup) be able to take a punch from a mob and survive, rather than take a hit from a mob aswell as a 33% damage recoil from myselfr and lay dead on the floor!

SoR is aight, for heroics and certain phases in raids, SoV is awesome single target deps!

up quite a bit, althought CS feels like a wet noodle, so i guess less burst. Still nice crits.

As said, remember to use SoR on trash / heroics.

Pvp sounds nerfed however. Couldn't care less, so that's ok. Less ppl complaining.

sample log for our sundays run (kolo, 100% stationary - cf deafknight)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=4950&e=5266

on XT, i was just under the cat, which is an achievement for me. (very good catty thou

BTW, i think i saw a 21k crit on XT (heart, wings + lust)... is there a way to see your individual crits?
    (for personal epeen)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    up quite a bit, althought CS feels like a wet noodle, so i guess less burst. Still nice crits.

As said, remember to use SoR on trash / heroics.

Pvp sounds nerfed however. Couldn't care less, so that's ok. Less ppl complaining.

sample log for our sundays run (kolo, 100% stationary - cf deafknight)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=4950&e=5266

on XT, i was just under the cat, which is an achievement for me. (very good catty thou

BTW, i think i saw a 21k crit on XT (heart, wings + lust)... is there a way to see your individual crits?
    (for personal epeen)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=2817&e=3314 << That's the best breakdown you can get on World of logs unfortunately

3.2 2-hand Frost DK...

DPS=same if not slightly better. Less burst from Frost strike by about 1k.&#160; :

no need for DW.

SV Hunter dps better. BM hunter DPS still sucks major.

EDIT: ah hell its a Paladin only thread.....
    Sorry

As always i got a small buff, that happens each patch.
    My spacc never gets a nerf it only gets small buffs, so in about 3-4 patches we will be as good as any other class :
    Im a balance druid
    I have no idea what this means, but it sounds about right^^

Quote Originally Posted by Marokino
    As always i got a small buff, that happens each patch.
    My spacc never gets a nerf it only gets small buffs, so in about 3-4 patches we will be as good as any other class :
    Im a balance druid
    And you're in the wrong forum
    Forum > Wrath of the Lich King - Classes > Class - Paladin > How has 3.2 affected your dps? )

Quote Originally Posted by chimpah
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=2817&e=3314 << That's the best breakdown you can get on World of logs unfortunately
    actually, not at all... you even have an integrated query builder in it! oO
    (edit: log browser)

for example, on XT2,
    Show events where event type is Hit and source is Deafknight and spell is Judgement of Corruption
    Maybe some query master will find how to filter crits

anyway, [21:37:10.7​88] Deafknight Judgement of Corruption Heart of the Deconstruct​or *20998*, hehe!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

My Paladin is just an alt of mine and I mostly do heroics and random raids on him. The problem is that in heroics, I almost never use SoV because of fight mechanics not dealing well with the ramp up. Even on tank-n-spank fights, the boss is at 50% by the time I get a 5 stack. I'm rather tempted to just glyph SoR instead of SoV (I'm not expertise capped) since I almost never get to use it. It'd most likely be different in some raids, but even then I could foresee fights where I'd be switching to SoR or maybe even switching in the middle of the fight.