Deleted

the best glyphs, specc and profs? (PVE)

heya!

whats the best specc, glyphs and profs PVE and DPS increase wise now in 3.2?

Re: the best glyphs, specc and profs? (PVE)

I really rarely say things like this but "please learn your class and stop asking people to build your toon for you!"

Now this is said with love. Honestly. If you took the time to explore your class and your playstyle you will be more self sufficient and therefore more productive to the warlock community as a whole. Will there always be better players? Yes (god knows im not the best), but atleast have some insight about locks.

If you are always spoon-fed you will never be able to eat alone.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Try destruction, use immolate, conflag and incin glyphs..

But most depends on your playstile tbh..

Quote Originally Posted by hypertesia
    Try destruction, use Lifetap, conflag and incin glyphs..

But most depends on your playstile tbh..
    Fixed
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Fixed
    Isn't the immolate glyph better that the incinerate?
    I would go for immolate,life tap and conflagrate glyph (I don't PvE so i could be wrong).

Deleted

I just wanned to know if there has been any major diffrent with the speccs but that aside, what about the profs?

Quote Originally Posted by jokern
    I just wanned to know if there has been any major diffrent with the speccs but that aside, what about the profs?
    Each prof are equal then it comes to PvP.
    The best profs for PvE are those who gives you an dps increase (pretty obvious).
    I suggest you to take Tailoring/Enchanting since they both increase dps and the mats comes from the same kind of mobs.

Humanoids have a very high chance of dropping cloth (tailoring) and also have a decent chance of dropping green items (enchanting).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Isn't the immolate glyph better that the incinerate?
    I would go for immolate,life tap and conflagrate glyph (I don't PvE so i could be wrong).
    I would like to draw attention back to this question...
    atm I got incinerate immolate conflagrate, and I am wondering which of those I should be replacing with life tap.
    every single one of those 3 just seems hard to sacrifice -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    I would like to draw attention back to this question...
    atm I got incinerate immolate conflagrate, and I am wondering which of those I should be replacing with life tap.
    every single one of those 3 just seems hard to sacrifice -.-
    no one,only noobs play fit glyph of life tap and supression.the best spec is 0/13/58 with soulleech. more mana regend will increse your dps.

glyph:immolate conflagrate incinerate

and the best professions are obviusly enchanting and bs for: 46+46 sp (jc also but the buff is 45 sp insted of 46)

i use destruction spec for pvp, with improved imp, gotta love that crit help, lots of 10k+ hits

There are several posts on testing LT glyph instead of Immolate on EJ, however it seems there are presently some bugs in the current release of simulationcraft, which result in haste being set to a scale of 0.

These preliminary tests, however, indicate that even in a patchwerk fight (where there isn't ever a 'pure' opportunity for LT w/o potentially wasting a GCD) that glyph of LT with Uld BiS gear is better than immolate. Replacing incin with glyph of LT ends up being the same as immo + incin glyphs. All of this uses the glyph of conflag as the 3rd glyph.

The DPS gain in non-patchwerk fights would be more significant..but as I've said this is all taken in stride with the simulationcraft glitches.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

To the OP, look up Elitist Jerks. Cookie-cutter builds, rotations, etc. Please ask a more specific question next time.

To those asking about the glyphs: if you get rid of the Incinerate glyph, you're doing it wrong. Incinerate is a filler spell; it does about 50% of your damage in a fight (if it doesn't, you're really doing it wrong). If you must replace a glyph for the Glyph of Life Tap, replace the Immolate glyph. Why? Immolate is going to do less damage than Chaos Bolt, even if you have 100% uptime (and, considering the cooldown on Chaos Bolt, it means if Immolate ticks for 1700 damage, it does less damage in 12/3=4 ticks than 1 Chaos Bolt on average). Additionally, the smaller damage Conflag will do is insignificant compared to the spellpower gain. Essentially, Glyph of Life Tap buffs your Incinerate spell even more, in addition to all the other spells, Conflag and Immolate included.

Edit: One thing to note, which I forgot to mention, is gear. In specific, you might be better off without Glyph of Life Tap until you get the 2pt8 set bonus for the damage buff to Immolate. I haven't done the math to see which scales better, but that set bonus is basically Glyph of Immolate as it is (but actually a little better, since the set bonus also affects the direct damage of Immolate, whereas the glyph does not).
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

hmm ive tired both life tap glyph and inc i perfer inc over life tap. i guess depends on gear? may not be 100% true. But i like my glyphs immo,conf, inc

i thought immolate glyph got nerfed and fell below LT glyph in preference...

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    i thought immolate glyph got nerfed and fell below LT glyph in preference...
    No, it didn't get nerfed, LT got buffed (duration 20s->40s).

The changes to Glyph of LT plus the ever-increasing amount of spirit on the post-3.2 gear makes glyph of LT better than glyph of immo once you have sufficient spirit to warrant a high enough SP bonus.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

In patch 3.2 glyph of lifetap yields more dps gain than glyph of immolate. Even though EJ's test havent been concluded nor posted you should try it yourself using the same rotation for the exact same amount of time on a target dummy. This should end the discussion
    Definition of useless -

15+ Year Old Account

Here's the basics of the math, probably done wrong, but you'll get the idea:

Glyph of Immolate - 10% more damage per tick of Immolate.
    Let's say your immolate ticks for.... *looks at simcraft* 1400. Glyph makes it tick for 1540. Assuming 100% uptime, this is a 140 / 3 = 47 dps increase.
    Conflag hits for 1400 x 4 x 1.1 (Emberstorm) = 6160. Add glyph for 1540 x 4 x 1.1 = 6780. Assuming 100% correct use, this is a 6780 - 6160 / 10 = 62 dps increase.

Total increase from Glyph of Immolate = 109 (APPROXIMATE!!!)

Glyph of Life Tap - 20% of spirit = Spell Power.
    This is easy to calculate. The EJ gear guide says you have around 450 spirit in full T8. My gear is "whatever I can get" and sitting at 660. Lets go with 500 on the dot. For destro, SP scaling is ~1.5.
    500 x .2 x 1.5 = 150.

Total increase from Glyph of Life Tap and 500 spirit (after buffs) = 150

Reverse engineering!
    Assuming I got Immolate right, you would need less than 109 / 1.5 / .2 = 365 spirit in order for Immolate to do more dps. Also consider that you can not use Conflag every cooldown because you are usually mid-cast when it becomes available. Also consider that 100% immolate uptime is impossible. And lastly, consider that Lifetapping every 40s is a mild dps loss because you might not need to tap that often.

TLDR: 400 base spirit, Life Tap > Immolate for Chaos Bolt builds.

R.I.P. YARG