Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How X-Servers ruined PvP :)

this ruined PVP a long long time ago. Then arena's were released to finish off the job.

Re: How X-Servers ruined PvP :)

Quote Originally Posted by jester.exe
    I always admired, with a sort of dreamy stare, the pvp of vanilla. The endless battles over Tarren Mill and Southshore, the long wars in Blackrock Mountain, the day-long AV that probably consisted more of just zerging the enemy boss, etc. Nowadays, the only thing that's left is Hellfire. Kill a few alts and the mains come running, or just see how your lvl 60 stacks up.

No joke. Though I kind of find it sad that people are so quick to run to their mains...when the expansion came out, yes I tried out a death knight and I was level 61. Well a level 63 night elf rogue tried to gank me near those fel cannons (forgot the name of the exact place) and I destroyed him. As soon as I killed him, despite he being the instigator, maybe a minute later a level 80 dwarf hunter was tearing me a new one. This in turn made me get onto my level 80 ret pally and show him what's up. And then the 80 hunter calls in his friends and then I call in mine..sigh.

I am not one for camping but wow some people are so quick, even if they were the instigators, to jump on their mains and come back and get ya. Kind of sad really.

I remember the pvp going on in Blackrock Mountain when people were trying to form up for a MC raid etc or to go and UBRS or LBRS. Haha. Or even BRD *shudder*. Good moments and times to be had pvping there as people made their way to the instance.