Thread: SMR?

SMR?

Hello

I've started to think of playing 3vs3 for a while and started thinking of a setup....

I currently play ele shammy in pvp, so i thought of a burst team with me as semi-healer...
    And the setup then would be Rogue (no special specc most prolly mutilate...) Mage (frost?) and me ele shammy...

There are loads of yes and no's in this setup... first we don't have high survivability, but high burst and cc (Sap, blind, poly, hex)

So what do you think, is it a setup that might work out good or should i try something else and what setup in that case?
    Will the setup work even at higher rating?

The only req is that an ele shammy is involved though a rogue would be prefered

//Taroshik <Blood Brigade> Shattered Hand
    "The problem with quotes of the internet is that they are often hard to find trustworthy" - Abraham Lincoln

Re: SMR?

cant see it working out too well, any comp with a rogue would just tear through you and teams would just turtle the initial burst. just play a wizard cleave variation, destro lock/you/healer or now mages have MS i suppose mage/you/healer could be pretty nice too.

when i say healer i basically mean holy pally or resto druid, i mean a priest can work but it cant keep up aswell with big damage like pallys/druids.

ya thats not gonna work too well, Hybrid semi healers almost never do well in 3s. Your best bet is probably to go resto with a lock and rogue or variation on that possibly mage rogue.

played, it's lots of fun. we tanked from 2200 with resto to about 2050 with ele, so it's not that horrible.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

okey thanks for all the answers really appreciate it...

maybe ill go with a caster/caster/healer setup... we will see

thanks again //Taroshik
    "The problem with quotes of the internet is that they are often hard to find trustworthy" - Abraham Lincoln

if you go full ele i could see it working as a head on burst comp... it might work better with arcane that being said?

and the people that said you would get owned by rogue teams... ele shams take 30% less dmg in stuns and thats what the mage and rogue are for peels and cc...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mapp
    if you go full ele i could see it working as a head on burst comp... it might work better with arcane that being said?

and the people that said you would get owned by rogue teams... ele shams take 30% less dmg in stuns and thats what the mage and rogue are for peels and cc...
    the rogue will open on the shaman and force a trinket in ks and take him below half in a cheap shot. u basically wont be able to recover from a rogues opener no matter how good ur rogue and mage is.

gezza they take 30% less damage in stuns... and what do you think thunderstorm in stuns is for? and as a rogue there's no way i can take an ele shaman down to half in a cheapshot (was dueling a 2400 ele last night)

i'm pretty sure you would just blind the rogue and then when he trinkets just switch to him and blow his ass up
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

gezza they take 30% less damage in stuns... and what do you think thunderstorm in stuns is for? and as a rogue there's no way i can take an ele shaman down to half in a cheapshot (was dueling a 2400 ele last night)

i'm pretty sure you would just blind the rogue and then when he trinkets just switch to him and blow his ass up
    cloak -> vanish. Where's your god now?

when is he going to cloak vanish? while hes in a stun with no trinket because the rogue on the smr team blinded him and he trinketed? and even if he trinkets into cloak vanish... once he opens he can be cced openly... no cloak or trinket... and then they can make a switch on to him blindsiding the healer

when is he going to cloak vanish? while hes in a stun with no trinket because the rogue on the smr team blinded him and he trinketed? and even if he trinkets into cloak vanish... once he opens he can be cced openly... no cloak or trinket... and then they can make a switch on to him blindsiding the healer
    By this time the ele shaman team without a healer is already dead besides they will just turtle the initial burst and don't think the mages will be able to do a lot of damage, especially not if facing a priest/pala (dispel polymorph -> gg). Don't think that the other team won't be able to lock your tripple dps out.

ele shaman can los and heal you know... earthbind roots

and i'm pretty sure the priest at least wouldn't be able to spare a global while his pally is getting owned by a mage and a rogue

of course you do have a point all through this scenario the shaman would just be trying to stay alive and throwing an em lavaburst up when they go for a kill

No, it's just stupid. You're better off going Resto shaman + mage + rogue if all the shaman is going to do is trying to stay alive anyhow.

Even going triple dps frost is better, because otherwise your mage will be instagibbed (even with invis)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

if you honestly think an ele shaman will last long against 2 dps backed up with a healer and generally a dispeller ur sadly mistken.

doable my pmr team got beat in the face by that set up :[

Signature By [Rayde] :]

General Forum Link 1