Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Recent In-Game Fixes - 08/08

Hopefully they 'fixed' the fu**ing crash; on most of our hardmode tries, vezax either casts so many crashes, that you have to move a lot during animus, or the casters won't have a shadow for over 10 seconds - both let us wipe often -.-

WTB rake bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    vezax also lost a chunk of hp. This and the 2 vapors earlyer hardmode is probably to get rid of special specs to do the hard mode successfully. I didnt change specs, stayed ttw/fire, and still had 1500-1600 mana to spare without using a dark rune.
    was probably moreso that tanks got a good avoidance nerf, thus taking more damage, thus the fight needing to be shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    Yay for never getting in combat against steal classes in time now, since HoR was pretty much the only ranged spell that could put you fast in combat.

I guess it was OP, rogues should always be able to get a sap off ofcourse.
    Only as often as paladins should be able to get off bubble, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    wait what? how am i supposed to keep a rogue in combat then?
    If you don't have a dot/stealth debuff, then you aren't. Even if you do, its only supposed to work if the rogue doesn't have the CD to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quile^_^
    [blizzquote author=Crygil]General Vezax will now cast Shadow Crash slightly less frequently. He will also refrain from casting Searing Flames multiple times in succession.[/blizzquote]

On another note, a bug has been discovered and Onyxia now casts deep breath less frequently. :
    Screw all that. Can we talk about the Draeni with a bustier in your signature? Like.. wow man, wow.

Chronalis why so mean! I found a SS with me getting a KB on you the other day, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

wru wintergrasp?

Quote Originally Posted by DrRight
    Well, for normal mode, with good execution, more shadow crashes can be a good thing.
    Yeah. Less shadow crashes are actually a boss buff. Now this means more time without the effect. WTB moar shadow crashes
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    Yeah. Less shadow crashes are actually a boss buff. Now this means more time without the effect. WTB moar shadow crashes
    unless you did the fight this week. you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    Yeah.  Less shadow crashes are actually a boss buff. Now this means more time without the effect.    WTB moar shadow crashes
    Let me quote myself from page 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhorn
    Shadow Crash on the other hand, was casting so often that the ranged had periods of time where they could not stop to DPS.  So this is very much a fix.

But they lowered the time lack between his Searing Flame cast, we needed two Shamans for spamming Wind Shock to interrupt him, about every 4-5 seconds comes a new cast.

As a Rogue, doing the interrupting on Vezax, I can safely say that the change to Searing Flames is insane. Unless he is silenced, he will not stop casting Searing Flames. At the very instant he is no longer school-locked by a Rogue 5 sec Kick interrupt, he will begin casting again. This means that you can no longer have 2x Shamans interrupting on the Animus phase as there is a good chance that the 2 second gap in interrupts (2x 2 sec school-lock, 6 sec CD on interrupt, 2 sec gap) will eventually wipe the raid. You can add a 3rd Shaman on interrupt duty, but that borders on stacking and having 3x Elemental/Enhancement isn't exactly a standard raid setup.

We managed to kill him+animus however last night, for the first time, so I guess you can say that he's easier, although I didn't exactly find him easy as one of the 2 Rogues interrupting. I found him to be an utter pain to fight againt now. The old Vezax was way more "fun" to play against, because you'd have all the same tasks, but on a more relaxed time table and you could focus more on fighting him than just spamming your Kick button every 10 seconds.

2 Rogues on vezax, each 5 sec lockout, 10 sec cooldown.
    Worked since before the patch. How's this change going to affect that then?

Also, rather lacking rogue weapons in 3.2 T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari
    Erm...fail? Before you rage and say stupid things about classes you have no knowledge of, do a bit of research. CH is *not* an effective raid healing spell in WotLK. For Resto Shamans, the main healing spell is Lesser Healing Wave (LHW) supplemented by Riptide (RT) and Chain Heal (CH) for Tidal Waves procs; the healing rotation for a Resto Shaman without the T8 4-set set bonus (lowered CD on Riptide) is RT>LHW>LHW>CH>LHW>LHW>Repeat. With the T8 4-set bonus, the rotation is RT>LHW>LHW>Repeat. Notice that neither of those go CH>CH>CH>CH. Please have at least a basic understanding of the class you're QQing about in future as failing to have this basic grounding in class knowledge makes you look like a total moron.
    Sure, its for procs. However I'm sure 8k HPS is totally normal, which is what our shaman did last night on IC hardmode. But then again CH is really ineffective and was barely used at all.

/snigger

So I'm guessing that Freya will now still cast near-invisible pillars of light, Thorim adds still occasionaly enter the tunnel and XT still spawns huge numbers of adds since none of these bugs seem to be mentioned...

Searing flames was totally silly last week, we had to totally rework our interrupting people, warr and shammy pre patch, had to change to both our rogues which was not all nice since they are like our top dps'ers :/

It looks like they are leaving XT alone, which is ok I guess hardmode it is then lads.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Lets not compare priests and shamans Shigenari. My point was that you had said it's not an effective raidhealing tool. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengatron
    vezax hp was both 10 and 25. the animus hp was also nerfed. 6.4 million and 1.6 million on 10 man. 22 million and 10 or 8 million on 25. i don't remember the exact figure on the animus. omen of clarity no long works for resto druids, and dk tanking was nerfed substantially, so they decided to tune the fight down quite a bit. it wasn't really all that difficult before, but now it's just kind of pathetic. =/

shadow crashes were shooting off like crazy though, so i guess this helps, however the "doesn't spam cast searing flames" change is kind of strange, imo.
    Clearcasting: Does it work for Feral Druids?

in 10 man we had our resto druid melee the boss the entire fight like we always have, and he never got a single omen of clarity proc in 4 attempts. after we killed it, he was trying to proc omen just to see if it was omen that was bugged, and he procced it on the first thing cast.