redesign CoD and inferno plz

As long as i play warlock im used to stick with the same old pets,
    Doomguard and inferno are rarely seen,
    because of the stupid limited use. :P
    I would like to seen CoD redesignt with an Affliction talent.
    Makes the doom guard that raises from the corpse serve you for 15 mins, after that it fades away.
    With his dispell buff and his criple and AoE&single damage, he is MUCH better then the felhound, the current Affliction pet.

This is not a nerf for demo spec, remember its much deeper in the Affliction tree then the felguard and it is not a permanent tank. (unless you let your DPS suffer..a lot)
    For those that tell my that it doesnt belong in the Affliction tree, please explain my what the pet/demon tree does with a demon form?..hello we are using pets..let them do the fight.
    For those that just link my to the:''How to use your doom guard sites". Take this in mind, its not fun to watch your enslave timer, it takes some risk, are there locks using this guide?
    Its just to much work for some extra damage (but also a lot of fun to use your most favorite pet 8))

About the inferno, reduce its damage and make it permanent, it isnt that great.
    It doesnt have any special attack,just some hard white damage.

If this becomes true that lock pets will look like this:

Demo: PvP: Felguard (Because of intercept)
    PvE: Felguard (Because it acts
    Raid: Felguard (thx to the demo tree it does most damage)

Affliction PvP: Inferno (its hard to get a mob down with CoD in a BG or arena)
    PvE: Doomguard (its better then the felhound, the one blizz wants you to use)
    Raid: Doomguard/inferno

Destro PvP: Imp/Void (void because of its shield)
    PvE: void/succubus (both can tank a litle)
    Raid: Imp (mana batery/good dps/HP buff...3 things most warlock needs)

For those that mis there felhound and succubus,
    Not everyone is deep spec in Affliction/destro, so the will keep using there hound or cute girl.

Re: redesign CoD and inferno plz

you dont pvp with an imp as destruction >.>
    and you rarely need a succy.

most stick with felhunter

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

So be it, i often hear people use there void, just because of the shield.
    Is that why we are warlocks? The use a void shield? go play a priest or bubledin. :-\
    I know this is the best way to play your char and al you want it arena rating, but COMMON im warlock!
    I wanne use fears, demons, CURSES, so that needs to change anyway.
    Not by nerfing the void, but make the other pets more useabe.
    (switch sacrifice to caster spell and give void walker ONE damage spell? just like soul link)

Yes the summoned demons are useless. No they wont change them.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

As aff you should be summoning a doomguard before every other boss fight.

I wonder why blizz makes nerf warlock game play..
    I mean look at the Q&A with Ghostcrawler

AL i can say is..the BIGGEST LIE blizz ever told us is:
    Warlocks have a reputation for trafficking with darkness, and their spells and abilities reflect this -- demons, curses, drains, fears.
    We ignore our demons, prefer hard blasting casts above DoTs, drains suck like..., and fears are removed with trinkets,buffs, spells the became useless..

I think the Q&A should look like this,
    Warlocks are just like priest and mages, al 3 classes have pets but the are useless (Frost mage got a pet/can split up..al pets )
    All try to put a few dots on there target, escape , and do some REAL hard burst DPS with spells like shadow bolt.
    To survive the 3 classes use shield..just like the paladin, the warlock gets the shield from his useless pet THE ZERO dps voidwalker

If the are in real trouble the use get away spells, like blink..o sorry mage part, its calt demon portal for warlocks
    BUT THE BEST PART IS, the have crowt control, its callt fear, or sheep. It works like the shamy his hexx.
    Those 3 chars are know for less HP, but that no trouble, mages and warlock have mana/hp stones.
    the priest doesn't need this because it is a former healing class.

What makes warlock so special..we use our pet to lvl up, unlike the other classes, isnt that great!
    We can also summon a different pet to let every one in dalaran think:"WHO i never seen that pet before!,why do you use it? IT SUCK!
    Last point, back in history we used a lot of soulshards, and because we hate that we now only have to use them in REAL trouble.. to make it special

Hint: Make your own arena, promise a lower level some Gs if he beats al your demons.
    Its just fun how many guy try and fail near doom guard/fel guard, makes my feel a warlock again

LOLWUT

umm im soo confued now lol ???

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

One would think that any single-tree improvement to the two "unusual" summoned demons would be in the demonology tree, not the affliction tree... just saying.

Demonology doesn't summon 'em because all your self-augmenting talents based on your minion's stats and minion-augmenting talents don't apply to enslaved minions, doomguards, or infernals... so the felguard wins.

Personally, I generally use the Infernal quite a lot in BG.

In Wintergrasp, chuck it down just outside the gates and watch the mayhem.

And trying to cap a flag in AB - try doing that with a big pile of burning rock hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evert
    I wonder why blizz makes nerf warlock game play..
    I mean look at the Q&A with Ghostcrawler

AL i can say is..the BIGGEST LIE blizz ever told us is:
    Warlocks have a reputation for trafficking with darkness, and their spells and abilities reflect this -- demons, curses, drains, fears.
    We ignore our demons, prefer hard blasting casts above DoTs, drains suck like..., and fears are removed with trinkets,buffs, spells the became useless..

I think the Q&A should look like this,
    Warlocks are just like priest and mages, al 3 classes have pets but the are useless (Frost mage got a pet/can split up..al pets )
    All try to put a few dots on there target, escape , and do some REAL hard burst DPS with spells like shadow bolt.
    To survive the 3 classes use shield..just like the paladin, the warlock gets the shield from his useless pet THE ZERO dps voidwalker

If the are in real trouble the use get away spells, like blink..o sorry mage part, its calt demon portal for warlocks
    BUT THE BEST PART IS, the have crowt control, its callt fear, or sheep. It works like the shamy his hexx.
    Those 3 chars are know for less HP, but that no trouble, mages and warlock have mana/hp stones.
    the priest doesn't need this because it is a former healing class.

What makes warlock so special..we use our pet to lvl up, unlike the other classes, isnt that great!
    We can also summon a different pet to let every one in dalaran think:"WHO i never seen that pet before!,why do you use it? IT SUCK!
    Last point, back in history we used a lot of soulshards, and because we hate that we now only have to use them in REAL trouble.. to make it special

Hint: Make your own arena, promise a lower level some Gs if he beats al your demons.
    Its just fun how many guy try and fail near doom guard/fel guard, makes my feel a warlock again
    Are you by any case implying that Blizzard utterly failed in creating a debuffer class and a corresponding playstyle for warlocks, making them just another version of mages, with a somewhat different spells that are becoming incresingly similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Evert

BUT THE BEST PART IS, the have crowt control, its callt fear, or sheep.

Well, considering warlocks are mages turned bad, It's not surprising they have a lot of the same abilities/mechanics. And I would consider priests more of a fail copy of warlocks (and mages?).

As far as making the pet more powerful, it would come at a cost of nerfing your damage output and more micro-managing. Choose your poison.

Well I can sort of see why people want a better aff pet. Destro locks benefit greatly from their Imp (More crit), Demo locks from their fel guards (Buffs and a good chunk of their DPS). All the aff locks get for pets is a bit of extra damage and a mana battery that nobody uses in Wrath because of Glyph of Life Tap. I wouldn't say buff their pets and make them better DPS, more like buff the pets in the aff tree to benefit the warlock in some way like the Imp does for destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Teneal
    Well I can sort of see why people want a better aff pet. Destro locks benefit greatly from their Imp (More crit), Demo locks from their fel guards (Buffs and a good chunk of their DPS). All the aff locks get for pets is a bit of extra damage and a mana battery that nobody uses in Wrath because of Glyph of Life Tap. I wouldn't say buff their pets and make them better DPS, more like buff the pets in the aff tree to benefit the warlock in some way like the Imp does for destro.
    This would be a neat change. However, tree-defined pets would kill succy even more :P

The thing that i dislike is that pre TBC, there whas much difrence between lock, mages , priest.
    Total difrent gameplay, now the are almost the same.
    I know that we share history with mages, but is that a reason to make us LIKE mages?
    We are warlock, not an enchanted mage. (or priest)
    (remeber, mages also use SOME DoTs, just like us..fire DoTs/frost DoTs)
    Just give us our demons and DoTs back to make us warlock again.

About the demons, WHOLE pvp WoW with high pvp rating PREFERS (i didnt say use) a void.
    al other demons are rarely used, something that sad.
    Cant we not be like hunters and use the pet WE like without being nerft that much?
    Reasonable option can be read above, ofc there are many other ways to bring them back, i just tought about this one, many of you can have better ideas

I'm going to agree with evert,

Locks are supposed to be dotting mobs and using their minions to buff and dps, but instead we became fire mages standing on one spot spamming 4 spells and having minions who'se buffs gets overwritten by warriors, dks(Curse of Elements), mages, priests, as well as having low dps, our CC capabilities are also useless since most mobs in WOTLK are immune to fear, seduction, banish. Locks need to be mobile dotters using our minions to do the damage or CCing, I still believe locks are the best class to play, but it's slowly becoming a burden to be one, as same geared mages and priests are preferred above locks because of a lack in dps.

Another thing i notice, is that in affliction and dstro, there are certain talents you must take to do dps, if you don't take those exact talents, you might end up just above the tank on dps and damage meters, what happened to the variety?

I'm rather excited to see the changes in the new expansion, but really feel we need a new 'look' before that, not playing for a year would be rather boring :'(