Tanking Northrend Beasts

What are the requirements for DK to tank them? (especially Gormok)

We had a DK (Naxx 25/Uld 10 geared) tank dying almost instantly after taunting him off of me, after him dying i managed to tank him with the dot ticking on me for 15k for quite some time.

Any DK here tanked him if so how well geared were you?

Re: Tanking Northrend Beasts

my guild has warr mt/dk ot and did fine ill go look him up on the armory.

edit:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Vashj&n=Spatz

that is our off tank and we do fine when he taunts off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    What are the requirements for DK to tank them? (especially Gormok)

We had a DK (Naxx 25/Uld 10 geared) tank dying almost instantly after taunting him off of me, after him dying i managed to tank him with the dot ticking on me for 15k for quite some time.

Any DK here tanked him if so how well geared were you?
    does he announce that he taunts? He better do, since if he dies almost instant after taunting it means the healers are slacking

Quote Originally Posted by On
    does he announce that he taunts? He better do, since if he dies almost instant after taunting it means the healers are slacking
    Yes i have a macro to say it in both RW and in /s that i use after getting 3 stacks of the dot.

For 25man we actually found it much easier to use three tanks.

Was a warrior, druid, warrior rotation, trading at two stacks, and it wasn't so much of a dps sacrifice that we couldn't finish either.

I'd guess the reason the DK is taking it hard is because his gear sounds pretty meh, though he shouldn't "instantly" die, thats where you call out the healers and ask whats up, or check recount//WWS//WoL For parses, see what hes doing wrong (Forgetting frost presence?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hirako
    Yes i have a macro to say it in both RW and in /s that i use after getting 3 stacks of the dot.
    Pfft your healers aren't looking at the raid warning section of the screen or the chat log. They're staring intently at health bars while trying as hard as they can to make sure they don't need to move their toon out of some type of hazard. Calling out stuff in vent helps tons.

There are 2 big issues on this fight, one is the obvious stacking tank debuff that hurts like a mofo but most importantly is the stun that the snobolds do on your healers. They stun hard and fast and stop healers from casting. As a druid it hurts me the most because if i lose a cast i have to hope it was held over by a hot because my haste is a bit slow compared to the blitz of heals a pally can toss out.

As far as i know the snobolds or whatever the adds are need to be taunted and burned as fast as possible. No CC useable on them.

Mind you, i've only attempted this twice on pugs and haven't beat the encounter yet people give up to easily.

Obviously stay out of the fire.. however i'm willing to bet your healers are being stunned.

tanked them fine in both 10 and 25.
    my gears mostly uld 25 with some 10man hardmode stuff too.
    had no problems /shrug

assuming your DK tank is a decent tank spec, and has decent gear (and remember to turn on frost presence)
    then the problems more likly with your healers.

you can disarm him, so u can do it while taunting or even prevent rending from stacking, if u got 2 ppl with disarm.

We have our Warrior tank and main DK tank calling taunts out in vent. Although for a naxx geared tank your going to get walked all over, he hits like a truck.

10+ Year Old Account

Got a armory link to your DK tank? / 100% sure he was in the right presence. There's no way he'd die almost instantly even with bad healers, just call the swaps in vent or via raidwarnings so the healers can swap in a timely fashion. If hes getting smashed that hard, check if he has inspiration on him, 10% damage reduction is godly.

I spent a couple hours wiping on this yesterday as a DK tank (Naxx25/conquest emblem/Ulduar 10 gear). The impale attack Gormok does isn't tied to the melee timer, so if you don't avoid the two melee hits surrounding it you can take ~30k damage in 2-3 seconds. Both tanks were just below 40k max health. The fight is pretty rough on healers, but disarms can help smooth the transition between tanks a bit.

The sad part is we basically facerolled 25 man, but 10 man has taken much more effort to complete.