Page 1 of 2
LastLast

would leveling with a smite spec be fun?

i wanna level i priest super bad because i like the way they heal and i was wondering if a smite spec would be fun for leveling it in BGs

Re: would leveling with a smite spec be fun?

What we see as fun might not be what you see as fun.

smite has crappy damage, if you ask me.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

meh alright it was worth a shot hahah

Not worth it, it's annoying to grind as holy priest

If your looking to actually "level" going to battlegrounds isnt going to help you out at all. Your going to get trained on all day and hate to pvp. Priests that arent twinked out in everything from head to toe that early in the game get trucked.

While I cannot tell you if you'd find it "fun" or not... A "smite" spec in a BG while leveling would seem to expose your cast bar way too much. And, without points into MF, which really would defeat the purpose, you'd be locked out of both your damage school and your healing school.

I recommend against it, but hey, give it a shot, you can always respec.

What we see as fun might not be what you see as fun.
    In other words. No.

I've tried it and it works out just fine dps-wise while leveling but it's way too mana consuming... You'll have to drink every 3rd-4th mob etc while grinding and in pvp I'm guessing you'll just be one big target with "easy kill" on your forehead.
    Multiboxing on hold for cata. Dr00d power for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyristor
    I've tried it and it works out just fine dps-wise while leveling but it's way too mana consuming... You'll have to drink every 3rd-4th mob etc while grinding and in pvp I'm guessing you'll just be one big target with "easy kill" on your forehead.
    Its actually quite efficient leveling with 3/3 Spirit Tap in a PvE/Questing environment. In PvP, however, it would be tough, I assume. Don't know for sure because I've never tried.

so shadow PVE would be the way to go? i really dont no much about priests at all ive attempted leveling one i have no idea how many times but i dont know away to make it so i dont have to drink so much so i get bored

Quote Originally Posted by supershred
    so shadow PVE would be the way to go? i really dont no much about priests at all ive attempted leveling one i have no idea how many times but i dont know away to make it so i dont have to drink so much so i get bored
    If you plan on leveling through BGs... it will be much less frustrating to do so as Shadow for most of the time between 1-80. I would think... just conjecture 'cause I've never tried it.

If you plan on leveling the fastest way possible through PvE/Questing... check out my post on a more recent thread:

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I honestly cannot attest to the slowness of leveling a priest at lvl13... since the last time I did it was back at launch.

What I can tell you is the 1st 3 points should be in Spirit Tap. Period.

Now... depending on your persuasion... you can easily level as a Disco/Holy hybrid... or you can level as Shadow. Its up to you.

If you go shadow... your next points should be:

5/5 Darkness
    2/2 Imp SW:P
    1/1 Mind Flay

The rest should be self explanatory. Get to Shadow Form at all cost.

If you go Disco/Holy... your next points should be:

5/5 Holy Specialization
    5/5 Divine Fury
    5/5 Spell Warding
    2/2 Searing Light
    2/2 Holy Reach
    1/1 Desperate Prayer
    5/5 Spiritual Guidance
    2/2 Surge of Light

The rest of your points should go into Disco.. which, again, should be self explanatory.

Spirit should be a coveted stat.. as it makes your down time slower with Spirit Tap in either spec.

i wanna level i priest super bad because i like the way they heal and i was wondering if a smite spec would be fun for leveling it in BGs
    If you are pervert, then yes, it would be. I just can't think of holy/disco tree in current condition as a dps tree.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

honestly?
    the fuck do you think?
    honestly?

honestly what? why are you trying to troll on me? lawl but thanks Spiritus for the awesome post

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

i lvld with diszi from 70 to 80, because i lvld with a warrior, so dots were crappy^^

Priest - Paladin - DK - Shaman - Sigs - Wallpapers
    PM Requests: Closed

diszi?

diszi?
    Considering there is no "o" in Discipline, and I see more than one person use the term "disco" priest here, I'm actually not surprised (and somewhat prefer the slightly phonetic abreviation).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    While I cannot tell you if you'd find it "fun" or not... A "smite" spec in a BG while leveling would seem to expose your cast bar way too much. And, without points into MF, which really would defeat the purpose, you'd be locked out of both your damage school and your healing school.
    I recommend against it, but hey, give it a shot, you can always respec.
    If your intent is to fully level upon pvp, the bolded section would be the main reason not to. The damage as holy is not that bad though, we had a friend who's leveling with a lock respec to a holy dps build while so he could heal/damage at the same time without having to drop form as needed.

Being a masochist that I am, I leveled my priest full holy from 1-70 back in BC. (So no heirloom, and no reduced exp to level 60-70) and honestly, it was not that bad. It was _NOT_ the fastest, no. But again, I am wierd and usually level up using whatever spec I plan to do dungeons/raids with @ max level. So I didnt take damage skills for leveling.

Either way, as others have said. Try it out. Respeccing at low levels is 1g, 5g, 10g, +5etc., shouldnt be too big of a worry to try stuff out till you see what you like the most.

sweet i just wanna play a disc priest for raid thats why i wanna level on so i guess it wouldnt hurt much to just level as disc