Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: would leveling with a smite spec be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Firegod1385
    If your intent is to fully level upon pvp, the bolded section would be the main reason not to. The damage as holy is not that bad though, we had a friend who's leveling with a lock respec to a holy dps build while so he could heal/damage at the same time without having to drop form as needed.

Being a masochist that I am, I leveled my priest full holy from 1-70 back in BC. (So no heirloom, and no reduced exp to level 60-70) and honestly, it was not that bad. It was _NOT_ the fastest, no. But again, I am wierd and usually level up using whatever spec I plan to do dungeons/raids with @ max level. So I didnt take damage skills for leveling.

Either way, as others have said. Try it out. Respeccing at low levels is 1g, 5g, 10g, +5etc., shouldnt be too big of a worry to try stuff out till you see what you like the most.
    I remember doing that. Weird builds I came up along the way, but I got to learn first hand what each point is worth, healing my way up through almost every dungeon. It worked better that I had a Prot Paladin who'd run things almost every day with.

Wake up, shower, turn on computer. Eat "lunch". Check mail, log into WoW. Get a group for sunken temple. By the time we're finished, it's dinner time!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'd advise against it. Go full disc if you wanna heal in bg's. Or go shadow and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I remember doing that. Weird builds I came up along the way, but I got to learn first hand what each point is worth, healing my way up through almost every dungeon. It worked better that I had a Prot Paladin who'd run things almost every day with.

Wake up, shower, turn on computer. Eat "lunch". Check mail, log into WoW. Get a group for sunken temple. By the time we're finished, it's dinner time!
    I did have someone to level with (feral druid) but she's not the greatest player in the world. (GF, so I cant make fun of her too much, heh) But it did help to just have her grab a bunch, swipe it down. And it immensly helped for leveling when you wanted to get a dungeon group going quick, easy to find people who wanna dps while leveling, not so much on the tank/healer section, though.

That, and I was a bit rusty on my healing abilities. I had played a NE priest on an Alliance server in Pre-BC. However, re-rolled to a feral druid during that time, (woot, tanking in pre-bc was AWESOME. I loved having more health/armor than warriors and out-threating them!) all the way through BC to 70 and somewhat kara before deciding to revive my priest as a BE. I just missed healing too much, and thats why the priest is my main now.

I'm a sucker for being the bitch. (partially cause i have trust issues letting people who suck at it do it) I don't care if you suck at damage, but i will not accept sucky healers!

*breathes* Okay, that was a highly off-topic rant. But the point somewhat remains valid. If you wanna heal as Disc @ 80, leveling as it is not that bad of an idea. You will get the idea of how skills work, whats the best way to heal. How to counter spike damage, or aoe damage best. In general, I've always liked leveling as the spec I plan on playing as oppose to re-speccing and trying to figure it out later. But that could just be me Good luck!

Thanks a bunch for the help i played a pally healer in BC and always got bored since direct heals you can really have fun with but yeah um do you guys know like a build that would work like link me to a talent calc that you think would rule?

Even though Spiritus posted it for the most part on page one, here's a link for easier viewing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVZ0Et0bbVbZh