Page 1 of 3
LastLast

3.2 illumination nerf result

Since i didnt try my pala yet (still on vacation), can someone say about how much mana regen is nerfed, i mean whats the feeling, HL spamming not possible anymore, what about glyphs, does Beacon glyph now gets better than HL glyph, are pallies still on bottom on heal charts etc.

Re: 3.2 illumination nerf result

You can feel the nerf for sure. However, it is very manageable...just have to adust with a healthy dose of Flash of Light in there. I have not had a problem with my mana at all, though I did have to actually use a mana pot on the 10 man TotC.

Glyphs, not sure, have not messed with mine yet.

As for healing meters. Not that they matter, but you should be sitting comfortably at the top right now. Our HPS has gone through the roof with the over heal on beacon. Though, good paladins should have been at the top of the meters before the patch too. (with the CRAZY AoE damage fights being the exception)

Quote Originally Posted by PallyMax
    Though, good paladins should have been at the top of the meters before the patch too. (with the CRAZY AoE damage fights being the exception)
    I'm sorry, what? There was no chance of a paladin getting even close to top in 25-mans if you had half-decent Holy Priests or Resto Druids. Now it's diferent, I'm finding myself toping metters, it's just amazing the healing we can do with a smart use of Beacon of Light and sacred shields around the raid.

Holy Light spam isn't viable for long fights anymore. With 3 minutes of non-stop casting, with my libram on, I need to use a potion. One minute latter, lay on hands. If mana tide totem cooldown isn't up again, I'm out of mana. Having a macro for diferent librams can be really usefull, with +400 spell power on FoL you can afford to never cast a holy light on some fights. When Holy lights is needed/a better option, with one GCD you can have your HL libram back.

Glyphs:
    Holy Light (must have)
    Seal of Wisdom (notice that, when you Judg, there is a high chance of a proc [1k+mana])
    Beacon of Light? I'm using it, but when I have/want to change my beaconed target, I find myself with a useless major glyph.
    Holy Shock? Very handy, but again: not game breaking at all.
    Divinity? Lay on Hands is now a tank cooldown, so you will rarely use it on yourself. If you are used to use this skill, it can be good. I'm normaly afraid of using it, so I didn't pick up the glyph.

Also if it's possible it's a major help to use seal of wisdom and just smack the boss. Ofc during some fights or phases this aint possible, but if you can your mana shouldnt be a problem.

Although you would need healbot/grid for this

Yeah you're right Glyph of holy Shock must be trash. It only gives you a completely new healing rotation. Word to the wise if you are spamming holy light at all you are doing something wrong. (Probably missing the glyph.)
    Paladins still have soooo much regen than before youd have to be a reroller to run out.
    rofles wrath is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    I'm sorry, what? There was no chance of a paladin getting even close to top in 25-mans if you had half-decent Holy Priests or Resto Druids. Now it's diferent, I'm finding myself toping metters, it's just amazing the healing we can do with a smart use of Beacon of Light and sacred shields around the raid.

Holy Light spam isn't viable for long fights anymore. With 3 minutes of non-stop casting, with my libram on, I need to use a potion. One minute latter, lay on hands. If mana tide totem cooldown isn't up again, I'm out of mana. Having a macro for diferent librams can be really usefull, with +400 spell power on FoL you can afford to never cast a holy light on some fights. When Holy lights is needed/a better option, with one GCD you can have your HL libram back.

Glyphs:
    Holy Light (must have)
    Seal of Wisdom (notice that, when you Judg, there is a high chance of a proc [1k+mana])
    Beacon of Light? I'm using it, but when I have/want to change my beaconed target, I find myself with a useless major glyph.
    Holy Shock? Very handy, but again: not game breaking at all.
    Divinity? Lay on Hands is now a tank cooldown, so you will rarely use it on yourself. If you are used to use this skill, it can be good. I'm normaly afraid of using it, so I didn't pick up the glyph.
    Well your priests and druids are propably not decent, in 3.1 paladin was topping even uberskilled priests and druids in heavy aoefight..

meters don't matter, but if u need to know u can heal main tank and top the meters easily.

u can't spam hl. u have to be smart, use hl and flash. Use di when u have to spam. keep beacon up 100%, try ss up 100%, flash/shock/hl raid.

but yeah, u still need int over most stats.

the days of all the horribad pallies who just took all int gear, gemmed all int, and only chain cast HL on the mt over and over again and thought they were pro is over. u need skill to heal again.

I know that heal meters dont matter, but u know, everybody want to know how good they are, how useful they are for the raid..
    DPS classes use dmg meters which gives clear picture of performance, raid healers also can use it and compete, only tanks and holy paladins cant measure their performance...

IMO, in 3.1, paladins could top heal meters only if:
    a) they use JoL (ok if there is no ret or prot)
    b) healing mana sponge tank with low avoidance
    c) having bad raid healers in raid
    d) being extremely lucky with RNG , having all your HLs land right after tanks take dmg

My guild usually run with 3 resto droods + 1 holy priest + 1 shaman + 1 holy pala - we changed lot of holy palas and none of them could come even close to HPS of those classes, all were topping overheal meter

About Glyphs, think its hard to choose: FoL , HL, SoW, HL, Beacon, SoL... Maybe FOL glyph is much more useful now, HL one - hm, think raid heal is raid healers job
    Gonna try SoL if mana is gonna be ok + beacon + FoL glyph

ye fights like Kologarn and XT, always topping the meters:P with like 1500 hps higher than no2 hehe:P
    But since im not really geared for the content im doing, i cant get away with it now, my manaregen is kinda bad...

I'm sorry, what? There was no chance of a paladin getting even close to top in 25-mans if you had half-decent Holy Priests or Resto Druids.
    Our Priests and Druids are VERY good and this was just not the case, not only in our guild but others I have raided wtih. Yes, there are a few fights where the druids/priests really shined, but in 80% of 25-mans a good paladin should be #1 or #2 on the meters (both total healing and HPS) or they are not pulling their weight imo. Don't sell yourself short, pallys can rock the heals! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2
    I know that heal meters dont matter, but u know, everybody want to know how good they are, how useful they are for the raid..
    DPS classes use dmg meters which gives clear picture of performance, raid healers also can use it and compete, only tanks and holy paladins cant measure their performance....
    This is a good point. While not an clear representation of performance, i does allow you to see if you or others are maximizing their efforts.

mostly because they're walking manabatteries, in an egoistic way 8>

Our Priests and Druids are VERY good and this was just not the case, not only in our guild but others I have raided wtih. Yes, there are a few fights where the druids/priests really shined, but in 80% of 25-mans a good paladin should be #1 or #2 on the meters (both total healing and HPS) or they are not pulling their weight imo. Don't sell yourself short, pallys can rock the heals! :-)

This is a good point. While not an clear representation of performance, i does allow you to see if you or others are maximizing their efforts.
    I really want to see some WWS of this fights. Even if I solo heal Steelbreaker hard mode (until phase 3) and help the off-tank, I won't get even close to holy priests.

The only way of doing it is with JoL, or if you are healing more the raid than yours raid healers. Eitheir the two cases, something is wrong.

i replaced Glyph of holy light with Flash of Light

why?

pretty simple i use only holy light wen needed thats about 4 times an fight=< and 4 times an crappy AE heal is bullshizz i never liked glyph of holy light but since i spammed holy light i took it now i am in to the Flash of light i switched it.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyshockTalniEU
    i replaced Glyph of holy light with Flash of Light

why?

pretty simple i use only holy light wen needed thats about 4 times an fight=< and 4 times an crappy AE heal is bullshizz i never liked glyph of holy light but since i spammed holy light i took it now i am in to the Flash of light i switched it.
    my eyes hurt

I really want to see some WWS of this fights. Even if I solo heal Steelbreaker hard mode (until phase 3) and help the off-tank, I won't get even close to holy priests.

The only way of doing it is with JoL, or if you are healing more the raid than yours raid healers. Eitheir the two cases, something is wrong.
    Really?!? Steelbreaker is one of those priest friendly fights, but not even close? That is very suprising. Now, to be fair I do get to judge light alot, as we don't often run with a ret pally. So, its not really "wrong" as you say. But trust me, our raid healers are doing their jobs well.

Anywho, with JoL equal across the board now it will be a steady part of our healing tool-kit. The mana it returns now is great too! Yeah for judments=melee attacks!

Really?!? Steelbreaker is one of those priest friendly fights, but not even close? That is very suprising. Now, to be fair I do get to judge light alot, as we don't often run with a ret pally. So, its not really "wrong" as you say. But trust me, our raid healers are doing their jobs well.

Anywho, with JoL equal across the board now it will be a steady part of our healing tool-kit. The mana it returns now is great too! Yeah for judments=melee attacks!
    Use wisdom.

Still waiting for WWS from ulduar hard modes where paladin top heal most of the fights.

Use wisdom.

Still waiting for WWS from ulduar hard modes where paladin top heal most of the fights.
    Perhaps I've missed something. It wouldn't be the first time. This is taken from "http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/" Under the Paladin section. In regard to patch 3.2.

"Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker's maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin."

To me, this would indicate it no longer matters what spec of pally judges Light. That said, I'll personally default to Light. Just seems to make more sense now. Holy pally = healer = light.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz
    Perhaps I've missed something. It wouldn't be the first time. This is taken from "http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/" Under the Paladin section. In regard to patch 3.2.

"Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker's maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin."

To me, this would indicate it no longer matters what spec of pally judges Light. That said, I'll personally default to Light. Just seems to make more sense now. Holy pally = healer = light.
    This.

Sorry bro, no hard modes here, you are more uber then I. I think the only one we ever did was heart-breaker a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcyz

Indeed, you missed something. We are talking about 3.1, not 3.2. Now we can easily top heals, and we can JoL, but in the last patch? No.

Indeed, you missed something. We are talking about 3.1, not 3.2. Now we can easily top heals, and we can JoL.
    Mmmm 3.2. So tasty. Just as filling but with HALF the calories!