Best Unholy 2handed Spec

Whats is the best spec for unholy 2handed?

0/17/54 is what I use currently use with like 10% ArP dps seems lower then the 3.1 unholy spec of 0/10/61.

Is more ArP needed or?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best Unholy 2handed Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    Whats is the best spec for unholy 2handed?
    Is more ArP needed or?
    I thought ArP was bad or whatever for Unholy?

And, I have no clue, so, don't hold me to this; but I think the 17 points you have in frost would be better put in blood. My opinion atm. If that's not the case, well, meh. I perfer Frsot DPS personally.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

3.2 unholy its no longer competitive.
    link ur armory.

and yep its lower, like ~10%

and u need 20% ArP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dracocide
    No, it's been shown that even with 0%ArP unholy Oblit is still better than SS, mostly because of how many insanely high Deathcoil's you can pump out with both Dirge AND Chill of the Grave.

But I don't expect blizzard to let this last for very long.
    Ah, okay. I wasn't sure at all. Like I said, I'm more partial to frost DPS. The only thing I've really ever used Unholy for is tanking.

Thanks for the clarification on that though.

Edit: Spelling x_x
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Dracocide
    No, it's been shown that even with 0%ArP unholy Oblit is still better than SS, mostly because of how many insanely high Deathcoil's you can pump out with both Dirge AND Chill of the Grave.

But I don't expect blizzard to let this last for very long.
    yep but still low vs Blood,

i spec a Imp DoTs talentdeep Unholy tree, or nothing at all, and just another "PVP TREE"

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&n=Diskostick

pvp gear

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

ok check now should update any sec.

The unholy Oblit build is fine the dps difference from blood isnt 10% more like 2-5%

@ Bourne I personally switched bandits insignia with grim toll( still havent had moljnir drop > <) just to help out with oblit and you have to be very generous with the DC's

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    ok check now should update any sec.
    im wearing almost the same gear, ( Pvp weapon T_T, malygos boots, thorim trinket ), u maybe should be looking for a new spec "Blood".

i swamp from unholy to blood, like 3 weeks ago, and im doing a better job, really miss the lack of amazing Aoe, but until Blizzard fix Unholy, respec, ( grab, Melancholy Sabatons and ur rdy to go )

Yeah I went cookie cutter 51/0/20 blood getting used to it in heroics atm. Will test out tonight in raid but unholy is just bad right now

Unholy was the lowest DPS spec single target in 3.1 and got nerfed in 3.2... why are people surprised that Unholy now feels like it isn't competitive? Heh. Blood was top and got a tiny fraction of a puny nerf which most will probably never notice. Frost was ahead of Unholy by more than Blood was ahead of it and it god a buff... People have known this since the changes go announced. Meh. Anyway, 0/17/54 Oblit Unholy is the way to go... but don't expect to be on top of meters. 2h Frost is in better shape.

15+ Year Old Account

It was tough for me to admit this, but Unholy's dead.

I tried a few times to find the silver lining- but right now there isn't one. Unholy blows.

Blood 2H is still pretty good. I just changed to Frost DW, and I'm happily on the bandwagon.

I dont know if I would agree 2H Unholy is dead.

Before 3.2, I was always around 5% behind our blood specced DK. I was using a Black Ice/Gargoyle built with Death's Bite, he has Iron Soul and on single target fights he would always be a little ahead.

I changed over to the Unholy Obli build and bought the Sigil of the Vengful Heart, now Im around 20%-25% higher than him. In a VoA run last night on Emalon he did something like 20 death coils with his best hitting for 6k, I did 67 Death Coils with my best hitting for 9k.

Unholy still seems to give me the numbers, although I do miss Scourge Strike. It's kinda stupid that I have to spec all the way into Unholy but the Unholy made strike isnt as good as a free issued ability.

With my Unholy 2H spec I compete with our other DK in the guild with a DW Frost build at about the same level. We both have around the same gear, he beats me by less than 1% in single target fights while I out damage him by a lot more in AoE fights.

This using the 0/17/54 UH OB build with rougly 17% apr

unholy is dead? wow melodramatic... anyway I don't think we have much to worry about I'm not sure if it's actually technically possible but I'm sure that blizz would hotfix this if they could. SS not being the main attack of unholy is ridiculous I'm personally not even bothering switching specs cause I do expect this to turn around pretty fast.

Yeah, sadly they took away the BS buff that was sposed to compensate for the SS nerf, when they took that away they left SS "as is." I highly doubt SS will stay where it is, but as 17/54 i've noticed a dps increase from 3.1 and sims on EJ have also all confirmed that it is higher dps then 3.1 10/61. But like I said elsewhere, I do feel dirty not using SS but it certainly makes gearing up easier now that ArP is actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Unholy was the lowest DPS spec single target in 3.1 and got nerfed in 3.2... why are people surprised that Unholy now feels like it isn't competitive? Heh. Blood was top and got a tiny fraction of a puny nerf which most will probably never notice. Frost was ahead of Unholy by more than Blood was ahead of it and it god a buff... People have known this since the changes go announced. Meh. Anyway, 0/17/54 Oblit Unholy is the way to go... but don't expect to be on top of meters. 2h Frost is in better shape.
    You must not actually play 2h frost, because if you did you know that with the nerf to FS, the thing isn't even close to Blood now. the only reason DW Frost is good is because it doesn't focus on FS it goes for Oblit damage.