Consecration out of rotation?

Good morning (or afternoon,night for some) folks,

After being a hybrid (yeah, back at the time I had no idea about "roles") paladin on Vanilla WoW, a holy one during TBC, and now being retribution, I would like to ask you guys if you also are not using consecration during most boss fights (without adds). Im not using and I figured my dps increased, what about you guys?

Re: Consecration out of rotation?

The only time I use it is when I have a free GCD, I've seen a dps increase without keeping it up the whole fight. It leaves more GCDs for higher damage spells and I never have mana problems. Win-win imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

in 25 man if u can judge wisdom every cd, u should have mana and the time to use conc every cd. in fights u run around chasing adds and crap, not as much as it would be wasted a lot, and you'd go oom too much.

on a fight where u stand and wack, yes, use it. a lot of ret even have the glyph.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ZulukinG
    Good morning (or afternoon,night for some) folks,

After being a hybrid (yeah, back at the time I had no idea about "roles") paladin on Vanilla WoW, a holy one during TBC, and now being retribution, I would like to ask you guys if you also are not using consecration during most boss fights (without adds). Im not using and I figured my dps increased, what about you guys?

Consecration is easily a 30-400 DPS increase when used every CD in our rotation- When coupled with the Glyph, it is even higher. Use it with our FCFS when the GCD allows.

conc is 400 -600 dps
    but it comes all down to using your mana wisely

CS consumes more mana now as well

use every small opportunity to regen

Well, Im not using it constantly for 2 reasons:

1- because now I have the SEAL OF VENGEANCE glyph (replaced the conc one for the SoV glyph) and;
    2- because CS is now 4s CD, which means less GCDs available =/

15+ Year Old Account

Well, Im not using it constantly for 2 reasons:

1- because now I have the SEAL OF VENGEANCE glyph (replaced the conc one for the SoV glyph) and;
    2- because CS is now 4s CD, which means less GCDs available =/
    Whats your other Glyph? If you need the expertese, you should be running glyphs of Judgement, Cons, and SoV.

I use it as much as possible, 5-10% of my dps (depends if moving a lot)
    No issues, either GCD or mana.

Btw you can have vengeance, consec and judgement glyph (or replace vengeance if exp capped)

short : glyph it. Use it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Whats your other Glyph? If you need the expertese, you should be running glyphs of Judgement, Cons, and SoV.
    SoV, Judge and Exo.

exo glyph is pretty much a waste of a glyph slot. use glyph of cons. instead. if you're expertise capped, use exo instead of SoV.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

CS, Judge, DS, CS, Conc, Exo, CS, Judge, free time, CS, DS, Conc, CS, Judge..

You should NEVER not have time to use Conc.. it should always be up

there are built in free time gaps when you can pop Divine plea if needed.

Conc > Exo in the priority list. You miss an exo and you drop 4-6k damage, you miss a conc and you only miss out on the first tick. (Exo and conc are on the spell hit table)

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    CS consumes more mana now as well

use every small opportunity to regen
    incorrect, this was true upon the original change, but the mana cost of crusader strike was adjusted in a PTR patch to make the mana similar enough to not be relevant to your rotation or concerns.

SoV, Judge and Exo.
    Yeah, drop the Exo glyph brah. Once you're expertise capped, pick up either Exo or SoR based on preference. (I suggest SoR)
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    Yeah, drop the Exo glyph brah. Once you're expertise capped, pick up either Exo or SoR based on preference. (I suggest SoR)
    I choose to remain expertise capped since we are using SoR pretty often (and I don't want to collect 2 sets of gear). Therefore, I don't use the SoV glyph. I'm currently running Consecration, SoR, and Judgement, and very happy with this combo. Exorcism makes up so little of our damage, I can't ever see picking it up again unless they take off the redonkulous ramp up time on SoV