Threat of a Troll

warning: if you are prone to puke at the sight of trolls or other unhealthy and inhumane responses to trolls please do not read otherwise do so.

threat lowering solutions.

soulstone: must be used on self only as a last resort threat dump. Can't lower your threat and soulshatter on cooldown? just get near the tank and keep up the dps when you pull aggo you will die then just self rez and unleash again.

make fel domination a trainable power so that when a warlock dies in a raid and self rezes on the boss fight they summon their pet fast.

/end troll

Re: Threat of a Troll

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    soulstone: must be used on self only as a last resort threat dump. Can't lower your threat and soulshatter on cooldown? just get near the tank and keep up the dps when you pull aggo you will die then just self rez and unleash again.
    looooool. I'm gonna start doing this in raids, and then proceed to explain that my Soulstone cooldown is shorter than my Soulshatter cooldown, and still costs a reagent. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

15+ Year Old Account

Soulstone threat drops were all the rage in SSC.

R.I.P. YARG

isnt that why shamans get reincarnate?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    i was definitely about to say this...
    SO many enh shammy on azgalor:
    "ok you got your ankh right?"
    "uh no, i pulled like 4 mobs back in wave 4 and didn't feel like waiting till the end of the wave for a rez"
    /facepalm and /lol
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    No, that was because of the original paladin bubble. 12s immunity alliance healers balanced out by horde healers that you had to kill twice. The fact that its used this way is only because they fail. "Hi, I have threat issues so rather than do a bit less dps or throw a heal now and then, I'm going to go balls out so that I can finish the fight with no buffs! Cuz I'm pro like that."

Threat has only been an issue for bleeding edge raiding guilds in Vanilla and Warlocks/Mages who outgear avoidance tanks ever since.

R.I.P. YARG

At the risk of taking this seriously locks are pretty lucky to have soulshatter, and to be able to put out top DPS to actually push tank threat. I guess that's why there is built in threat meter now.

If its really a problem you should wait before soul shatter to heighten its effect, or communicate with raid members. All paladins have hand of salvation, and most of them don't use it, especially holy. Rogues will often forgo using tricks of the trade or exchange it with other rogues for a dps increase. Hunters seem to hate using misdirect but if you are above them in dps its probably better raid dps to give up the global cooldown to raise the agro cap. If there is a tank spec warrior (doesn't matter what he is tanking) he can give you vigilance to lower threat.

If all those methods fail you can always talk to your tank about tightening up his rotation, or gearing/gemming/consumables for threat. If all else fails just chill out and enjoy the fact that 3 classes don't have any agro management skills at all and druids have cower (lol).

15+ Year Old Account

inb4qq: The main complaint is that warlocks have 2 points to drop threat by 10%. We wouldn't have these issues if it was 2 points for 20% like everyone else.

I'm not complaining, just explaining why others complain. 3 minute SS coming from a BC raiding warlock is amazing.

R.I.P. YARG

As I mentioned before warriors, shamans, and DKs have no agro skills. Druids have cower and shadow priests have fade and disperse, none of those are viable agro management tools, they might buy you a few seconds if you've already pulled agro but won't fix or prevent the problem. These classes are all bottom tier for agro management. Sure they might have a greater % reduction, but they are more or less screwed once they pull.

Hunters have the best agro management hands down, being ranged with FD and MD. Rogues are second with vanish and tricks of the trade. There is really no reason for either of these classes to pull agro ever.

In the middle of the pack you have ret pallies, locks, mages. Mages have invisibility which drops agro but has a fade out time in which the mage isn't doing damage. The fade time make invis inferior to soul shatter but mages also get mirror image which drops them from the agro table for the duration of the spell. Both invis and MI are 3 min CD. Arcane mages get a much larger threat reduction via talents, fire is 10%.

Ret pallies get 30% reduction from talents but are also in melee range and have to deal with extra threat from divine storm healing and mana return from judgments. They have hand of salvation 2m cooldown instant cast that works over 10 seconds and only drops 20% of total threat.

I'm having a hard time making the case that warlocks are that bad off. Most of the people complaining mention being near the top of the charts. As a tank I've had warlocks push my threat but they were also highest dps by a wide margin. I'm sure its very annoying when soul shatter gets resisted or w/e but keep in mind that other classes like warrior have no agro dump and don't have a pet that can dps with a separate spot on the agro table.

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth
    All paladins have hand of salvation, and most of them don't use it, especially holy. Rogues will often forgo using tricks of the trade or exchange it with other rogues for a dps increase. Hunters seem to hate using misdirect but if you are above them in dps its probably better raid dps to give up the global cooldown to raise the agro cap. If there is a tank spec warrior (doesn't matter what he is tanking) he can give you vigilance to lower threat.
    ^^
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth
    Stuff.
    I would trade soulshatter for invis in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    inb4qq: The main complaint is that warlocks have 2 points to drop threat by 10%. We wouldn't have these issues if it was 2 points for 20% like everyone else.

I'm not complaining, just explaining why others complain. 3 minute SS coming from a BC raiding warlock is amazing.

actually it's worse than that

2 points to reduce destruction threat by 10% and a destro warlock imo would still be using affliction spells at some point (corruption maybe and deff drain soul)

2 points in affliction to reduce that threat by 10% but affliction uses shadow bolts as a filler which might be the biggest threat gain of the rotation.

oh and if you know there is going to be a big buff where you need to dps like crazy, and you will pull aggro sooner or later, just go near the tank, and use lifetap till you're low and then your other aoe fire thingy where you die

More pix plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyzard
    Would you like to make a product that very few people can actually use? No, you're not.