critical to have for elemental shaman?

right now im 2700 SP whith totem of wrath
    25.77% crit
    580 haste

i have 16 crit gem x 5 in my gears. Should i replace it for SP? to max Sp but lower the crit?
    I mean what is the crit to get? the soft cap....

Re: critical to have for elemental shaman?

As an elemental shaman...

ALWAYS
    GEM
    SPELLPOWER

I think you have too much haste too. I believe it's something like 530 for an optimal rotation, but check EJ to be sure.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    As an elemental shaman...

ALWAYS
    GEM
    SPELLPOWER

I think you have too much haste too. I believe it's something like 530 for an optimal rotation, but check EJ to be sure.
    Over 530 haste is good too because:

1. latency is never perfect
    2. Movement will always screw your rotation and thus make haste good

But yes, NEVER EVER EVER gem crit. In a raid, you'll gain 5% buff, 3% debuff, 5% debuff, and you get another 5% crit on thunder spells from talents that don't show. So, 25% in your character sheet is REALLY 43% or something (though I think you also get the other 5% from enhancement that doesn't show on your character sheet too?). I always seemed to have a higher % actual crit than I thought I would have via buffs/debuffs anyways.

SP > Haste >>> crit (once hit capped)
    hit >> sp > haste >>>> crit (if not hit capped)

Quote Originally Posted by Mataus
    Over 530 haste is good too because:

1. latency is never perfect
    2. Movement will always screw your rotation and thus make haste good

But yes, NEVER EVER EVER gem crit. In a raid, you'll gain 5% buff, 3% debuff, 5% debuff, and you get another 5% crit on thunder spells from talents that don't show. So, 25% in your character sheet is REALLY 43% or something (though I think you also get the other 5% from enhancement that doesn't show on your character sheet too?). I always seemed to have a higher % actual crit than I thought I would have via buffs/debuffs anyways.

SP > Haste >>> crit (once hit capped)
    hit >> sp > haste >>>> crit (if not hit capped)
    ^ Pretty much - 25% crit + 5% Call of thunder + 5% Elemental oath / boomkin aura + 3% ToW/ret pally debuff +5% Scorch / SBolt debuff (and 15% crit for 15 seconds with elemental mastery every 3mins).

This means that we don't need any crit, however Thundering Strikes (enh talent) is included on your character sheet if you wear a weapon (that you can put flametongue weapon on) - ie doesn't work for fishing poles or lances.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I feel as a rule of thumb you want to be around 30% critical WITHOUT gemming for it. Other than that its basically get as much spellpower as you can, while still getting a good cap on haste to keep optimal rotations.