PW Shield macro help

hey guys need some help, basically want a macro when i hit it i shield myself

Re: PW Shield macro help

/tar [you]
    /cast [spell]
    /targetlasttarget

or (by default) holding ctrl and pressing a spell will cast it on urself

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    shhh!!! he wanted a macro!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Help707
    /tar [you]
    /cast [spell]
    /targetlasttarget
    simpler version that doesn't dork with your target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=player] Power Word: Shield

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    The default is holding ALT not CTRL.

the macro is /cast [target=player] Power Word: Shield(Rank 14) word for word.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    The default is holding ALT not CTRL.

the macro is /cast [target=player] Power Word: Shield(Rank 14) word for word.
    You don't need ranks in macros because it will, by default, use the highest rank which is exactly what you want it to do. In fact, using ranks in your macros is a bad idea because if you continue to use it when new ranks come around (say in the next xpac), it won't scale. I remember seeing people who had ranks in macros left from level 70 and, when they got to 80, were wondering why they were having so much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    You don't need ranks in macros because it will, by default, use the highest rank which is exactly what you want it to do. In fact, using ranks in your macros is a bad idea because if you continue to use it when new ranks come around (say in the next xpac), it won't scale. I remember seeing people who had ranks in macros left from level 70 and, when they got to 80, were wondering why they were having so much trouble.
    Lol at bads?
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

And if a spell should require a rank, using SpellName() will use the highest rank available.

Was required for some mount macros in the beginning of the expansion.

OR get bartender and rightclick the spell to cast it on yourself, saves you a spot on you bar(s) to throw a (useless) macro on.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

or get clique

Quote Originally Posted by D44N
    OR get bartender and rightclick the spell to cast it on yourself, saves you a spot on you bar(s) to throw a (useless) macro on.
    Because clicking a Spell, which is meant for saving your hide, for some lousy spots on bartender, where you actually can have way way way way way more spots then you can ever use (switching bars with key modifiers, simply having "invisible" bars, etc..) is such a great Idea. Wait..

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Thanks bbr, great game!

Try using BindPad addon for creating macros and assigning hotkeys to them without the need to drag them to regular bars.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Try using BindPad addon for creating macros and assigning hotkeys to them without the need to drag them to regular bars.
    Technically the same, it's just hidden bars.