How To: Trial of the Champion (5man dungeon)

Not sure if there was a previous thread explaining these fights

i will tell you guys the easiest way to clear this instance..

Jousting Section

1. When the horde champions and their adds are all out, the 3 adds will come out first
    what i do, is tell everyone to attack the middle mob first for each group...there shouldnt be any problems, just make sure to keep your shields up at all times (the '4')
    and to knock down the oponents shields when they are up.

2. Then the 3 "bosses" will attack (on the mounts) mark them with skull, x, moon, or whatever...always go healer > rogue > warrior > mage > hunter...thats the priority.
    have one person designated to taking shields out in the beggining on the healer (or whever spawned). When the first horde champion falls, have one person stand on him and use shield braker to the other champions, when the second champion falls, have another use shield breaker on the last mob. When these bosses, and everyone, dismounts, you can do one of two things (on my server the fight is bugged) the three bosses are still on the mounts when everyone gets knocked off, or just one boss, it changes...so, we ust run out of the instance, then go back in and they are reset and off the mounts.

3. If you have a hunter or a rogue make sure that use Misdirect or Tricks of the Trade to ensure the tank will have aggro. The healer's attacks/heals are interuptable, i have a DK tank, and just use mindfreeze to interupt heals, and strangulate also.

Healer first for obvious reasons

Then the rogue because of the green poison he summons everywhere

If you are melee heavy, take the warrior out first because of the whirlwinds, when he does start doing, have the melee back out.

If you have more ranged dps, then take out the mage because of sheeps (they can be deadly)

Then finally the hunter, he can hurt, but he isnt really the main focus... after the bosses are down, collect loot and start the next event.

Time for the paladins

1. yeah, i know, your all thinking....omg, a paladin, how OP, we are gonig to wipe...but the bosses are pretty easy once you know what to do. There are 3 groups of 3 mobs ( 3 to the left, middle, and right) they consist of a priest, a lightweilder, and a monk priority here is:
    Priest > Lightweilder > Monk
    the priest is a healer, lightweilder does damage, and the monk....does what monks do? i think he punches.... not sure..but hes not dangerous. after the last group is cleared the boss is engaged.

2. You can have one of two bosses, one is a male, eadric the pure, for him, the strategy is, when he says to shield your eyes, have everyone look the other way just need to face away from him to avoid a nasty stun and some damage. He also emotes that a play is targeted with the hammer, just means they are taken to about 10% of their health, throw hots on them and get ready to heal them. Rinse and repeat, pretty simple.

3. The other boss is a female, she is a little bit tougher. At about 90% she bubbles and becomes immune...but, sadly, she does not hearth. Instead she summons a random add ( i have not faced them all) and they are previous bosses, i had Van Cleef from Deadmines, he still Dual weilds and it hurts :P the tank must pick him (or whoever the boss is) up before he oneshots a party member. when tanking some of the bosses fear and cast a debuff on party members that does damage and has to be healed through. When he dies, go back to the chick boss, and kill her... collect loot and rebuff.

The Black Knight

1. In phase one, he engages the party and summons a ghoul, the ghoul needs to be killed MD to the tank if you can after the ghould is dead, kill the Black Knight and collect loot!! If it was only that easy :P

2. In phase 2 he summons army of the dead, if you havea deathknight its always fun to use army as well to help mitigate damage, if you have a hunter have him MD the tank then use volley for three ticks, i normally have the tank kite the black knight around the edge and of you see a ghoul that is stopped...get the hell away, he is about to explode, and it does some damage... the dps should all stay on the boss though, he finally dies, but he isnt finished yet...

3. In phase 3, have the dps nuke the boss down, pop Cooldowns / trinkets, heroism if you got it, try and get him down as fast as possible...he throws shadow/frost bolts to each party member in the raid, it cant be interupted but it can be resisted!! If you have a Priest, Shaman, or a Paladin, Have them use frost totem, frost protection aura, or shadow resistance for the priest... this will help the raid not take so much damage, thats all there really is though, pest way is just kill the boss as fast as you can...

4. now, tell your friends and collect loot, congrats...hope this "Guide" helped.

on a side note, for any part of the instance, if someone dies, you can run back and get in, even in boss fights...thats a little tip to help you guys, so that eans, healers, tanks, RUN BACK!!
    Roonweld (Moonrunner) 80 survival hunter
    Dokkan (Moonrunner) 80 Blood Deathknight
    Fazlim (Moonrunner) 80 Holy Priest
    Roonshammy (Moonrunner) 65 Enhance Shaman
    Qim (Moonrunner) 61 Retribution Pally
    Rooncraft (Moonrunner) 60 Fire mage

Re: How To: Trial of the Champion (5man dungeon)

you rly dont need a thread to tell people how to do toc 5 man its rly ez
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

forgot the priestess with the shadows of the past crap

you would be suprised...there are fail people out there

Quote Originally Posted by lichy
    forgot the priestess with the shadows of the past crap
    no i didnt, i briefly explained it....

For normal mode:

Walk in

Face roll

Disenchant for tons of Abyss crystals

Reset instance

repeat

Thats the strategy for normal ToC

Pretty meh guide. You don't really get into all their abilities and who is the healer etc.

I would write up a better guide if I felt it was needed, but its not, its a pretty easy to pick up and you can learn fight mechanics as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonweld

no i didnt, i briefly explained it....
    ah yes i see it now.. the titles missled me

i typed this is 10mins...lol, why does everyone expect perfection?

I appreciate your trying to help, but if people are fail enough to both not be able to do it AND not be able to check an actual guide site and check the forums instead, they most likely will not benefit from your advice or advice from anyone else.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

i did the instance (normal) yesterday the first time

me lvl79 heal shaman a 26k life tank and 3 dds with 2x 1,6k dps and 2,2 k dps

with this group combination the instance gets a little bit tough

thx for the guide but as someone mentioned before you didnt need a guide for a 5 man instance
    If you wish to be invisible in PvP, roll a horde healing class and you will never be attacked by Alliance. This is because killing the healer first is a valid strategy, but since Alliance is fucktarded, Horde healers are immortal and invisible at the same time.

If you've only done normal, you do not get to talk about how easy mode the instance is. You don't even need a strategy, and my record for doing it is about 9 minutes so far. The heroic mode is significantly harder, and if you haven't done it yet, I have doubts you could.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

with Eadric, might wanna mention that if you dispel the hammer, it does nothing.
    Quick dispels > random person being smacked down to 10%

Guides are always helpful. Always enjoyed the 5 man guides at tankspot and see no reason they wouldn't be home here.

Oddly enough ToC is still fail for many groups.. its a fight that not everyone is prepared to understand. Fun fight at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol
    with Eadric, might wanna mention that if you dispel the hammer, it does nothing.
    Quick dispels > random person being smacked down to 10%
    Also throw the hammer back
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    If you've only done normal, you do not get to talk about how easy mode the instance is. You don't even need a strategy, and my record for doing it is about 9 minutes so far. The heroic mode is significantly harder, and if you haven't done it yet, I have doubts you could.
    Step 1. Target something.
    Step 2. Kill something.

Wiped the very first day on the first boss because no one in my group had done it on the ptr, so we didn't know what to expect. We thought we had killed the boss when they all were dismounted, lulz followed.

Heroic isn't hard, at all. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    Heroic isn't hard, at all. >.>
    You are wearing (mostly) full 226 gear. On heroic, the instance drops 219 gear... people doing this at the appropriate level will have LOWER than 219 gear. I would HOPE it isn't hard to someone of your gear level. :
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerin
    You are wearing (mostly) full 226 gear. On heroic, the instance drops 219 gear... people doing this at the appropriate level will have LOWER than 219 gear. I would HOPE it isn't hard to someone of your gear level. :
    Did heroic on second day of 3.2 with my resto shammy with a mix of Naxx10/25 gear, along with a mage, dps warr, dest lok and pally tank all with my gear level. I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice challenge. Wiped a few times on p3 of black knight because for some reason the lok was only pulling 1.4k-1.6k dps.

But really you can faceroll or even buttcheek roll normal, no guide needed for that.