1. #1

    Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Priests:

    Prayer of Healing has been removed from the game.

    Discipline: Penance has been removed from the game.



































    3.3 Patch notes

    Priests:

    The Priest class has been removed from the game.

  2. #2

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Cool story bro.

  3. #3

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    +1

  4. #4

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Get some tissues.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  5. #5

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Manaburn has been removed from the game.

    Paladins: New talent in the deep holy tree! Your judgment effects now also destroy 10% of the target's maximum mana.

    QQ more

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Bay, CA
    Posts
    161

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    I sense a butthurt Priest.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,644

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    priests are fine l2p

    5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

  8. #8
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mmochamplover
    Prayer of Healing has been removed from the game.
    So it got nerfed. IMO, the nerf was warranted because I had no problem marginalizing the other raid healers because of how powerful PoH was. I think the nerf is probably a bit stiffer than it needed to be, maybe 20-25% instead of 30%, but it's easily dealt with.

    Discipline: Penance has been removed from the game.
    This bugged me because it was sloppy. They should have changed the glyph to the original 5% crit, something else, or simply removed it instead of changing the base cooldown. Either way, not a big deal because I just throw in an extra FF or PWS and it. In fact, the only real problem as I see it is that I have to relearn the instinctiveness of when Penance is off cooldown because, especially the first day, I kept trying to cast it about 1 GCD before it was ready.



    If anything, I'm feeling the Replenishment nerf a fair bit more than I am either of those, and all that means is that I may actually have to ask a Feral or Boomkin for an Innervate.

    The Priest class has been removed from the game.
    Oh, and umm, QQ MOAR!

  9. #9

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mmochamplover
    Prayer of Healing has been removed from the game.
    It was a very very powerful spell, only held back with one limitation: it's astronomical mana cost. As long as you had a factory of druids producing innervates for you, a holypriest could hold a raid alone. It hurts getting nerfed, but there wasn't a single person anywhere who could disagree with the fact that holypriests were the most powerful raidhealer in the game -for Ulduar.

    ...closely followed by druids. A druid lacked the excessive burst capabilities of a holypriest but otherwise held up there in terms of HPS (before counting overheal) and would be able to switch roles while fighting. That made them in my eyes the most flexible healer in the game, and they never ran OOM if played properly.

    A holypriest and a druid was actually pretty damn close in healing ability; I'd take either one to a raid, it was the shammies who were behind and who were forced to respecc dps. Yes, holypriests were better equipped for Ulduar damage patterns by far, but a druid played well was a force to be reckoned with and on there were plenty of fights where a druid was the superior choice. It all really depends on the fight. For the northrend beasts in TotCrusader, a holypriest will be oom 3 times over before the fight is done. The druids still wonder what this manabar is all about.

    The only real butthurt worth talking about in this nerf is the fact that druids were buffed and holypriests were nerfed. That's the thing that hurts. We were very well balanced against eachothers; and while the holypriest was 3% stronger, the druid made up for it in in-combat flexibility and utility. Right now, our guild druids are getting spots over our guild holypriests. Because they are more reliable in terms of longevity, heals slightly better and brings a combatress.

    Ultimately, a priest need to heal slightly better, because healing is all we bring, and we sacrifice ability to do one healing job well by specializing in the other. As the specialized priest is not allowed to be better than the generalized druid, that's an automatic disadvantage. I know no dev ever accepted this argument, but it's tried and repeated: A priest only brings healing.

    Though for fairness sake, in WoTLK, we also bring a damage reduction cooldown. It's kinda awesome actually, but it's no combat ress.

    That said, druids will be in for a very very nasty nerf in the next patch which means they will likely quit en-masse.

    Discipline: Penance has been removed from the game.
    Like the holypriest for raidhealing, I don't think you will find many disagreeing that a discpriest was a force of nature when it came to MT healing and PVP healing alike. 97% of this can be attributed to Penance. The problem isn't really that the spell was nerfed. The problem is how it was nerfed. The 8 seconds cooldown was actually okay, discpriests will learn to use more spells and everything will be fine. The problem is that this nerf binds up a glyph slot. If all priests got a glyph giving us 15k more HP and then blizzard nerfing our HP pool by 15k the next day, that's the same deal really. Net result: Lost a glyph slot.

    Why not remove the glyphs completely if you design in unmissable glyphs and then nerf the spells to make them baseline?

    But again, the priest and the paladin were sort of balanced. While the paladin was the unmatched HPS king with an infinite manabar, the discpriest made a very notable mark on tank healing as well. The major holdback was that discpriests don't really stack - and won't ever until weakened soul goes the way of the dodo bird.

    Buffing paladins and nerfing discpriest... widens the gap.

    The Priest class has been removed from the game.
    Bah. seriously.

    But yes, I don't think the blues do understand the priest well.

    A discpriest is a weak healer with strong mitigation. While a discpriest can do any healing job and switch on the fly, they will be weak at it and only saved by their shields. Which means they are a weak raidhealer by default. Sure, a well-placed PW:Shield is awesome, but so is a well-placed Holy Light!

    A holypriest is a very very weak MT healer to the point where you don't want a holypriest to MT heal. If the paladin dies to a rocket, it's mostly a wipe. The holypriest can only hold up the MT for so long before being crisp dry for mana. Holypriests can not MT heal. It's that easy. I know some of you claim to make do, but face it - you're extremely subpar at the job compared to any other healer excluding the bandage rogue. The main culprit is Greater Heal.

    As such, when Ghostcrawler says the priest is the most flexible healer class in the game, I respectfully disagree. If you as a discpriest knows in advance that you will be raidhealing, sure you can respecc. And if you as a holypriest knows in advance that the paladin will die from a rocket, sure you can respecc.

    But do you really know that? And if you do, how do I learn that trick?
    Do the shaman, druid or paladin need to know and specc accordingly?

    Where is the flexibility boon from being a priest then?

    --

    Either way. Nerfs come and go. Healing with severe handicaps is part of the priest experience and that has been a constant factor.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  10. #10

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    It was a very very powerful spell, only held back with one limitation: it's astronomical mana cost. As long as you had a factory of druids producing innervates for you, a holypriest could hold a raid alone.

    ....Either way. Nerfs come and go. Healing with severe handicaps is part of the priest experience and that has been a constant factor.
    I wish you would post this on the actual wow forums. Maybe old blue would reply. It really makes me angry that priests have no autonomy. I chose to roll a priest to be the best healer in the game (both pvp and pve wise). I can't help but wonder if priests are purposefully nerfed in order to bring balance to the rest of the classes. Maybe you could also mention how dispersion, no matter how useful they think it is, really is a terrible 51 point talent.

  11. #11

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Try playing a paladin. I lost somewhere in the range of 3.5k mana and a huge amount of regen.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    Try playing a paladin. I lost somewhere in the range of 3.5k mana and a huge amount of regen.
    Except Holy Priests are still less mana efficient and have worse mana regen than Paladins; remember, Replenishment hurt us too. Oh, and don't forget the change in Innervate since it used to be a waste on Paladins and great for Holy Priests, but now it's actually useful for Paladins and lost much of it's regen potential for Holy Priests. Hell, the fact that you can't do your job by just spamming Holy Light and ignoring the blue bar anymore but can now skillfully either keep max HPS on two tanks or help top up the raid... I don't see any reason for Paladins to complain.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Bah. seriously.

    But yes, I don't think the blues do understand the priest well.

    A discpriest is a weak healer with strong mitigation. While a discpriest can do any healing job and switch on the fly, they will be weak at it and only saved by their shields. Which means they are a weak raidhealer by default. Sure, a well-placed PW:Shield is awesome, but so is a well-placed Holy Light!

    A holypriest is a very very weak MT healer to the point where you don't want a holypriest to MT heal. If the paladin dies to a rocket, it's mostly a wipe. The holypriest can only hold up the MT for so long before being crisp dry for mana. Holypriests can not MT heal. It's that easy. I know some of you claim to make do, but face it - you're extremely subpar at the job compared to any other healer excluding the bandage rogue. The main culprit is Greater Heal.

    As such, when Ghostcrawler says the priest is the most flexible healer class in the game, I respectfully disagree. If you as a discpriest knows in advance that you will be raidhealing, sure you can respecc. And if you as a holypriest knows in advance that the paladin will die from a rocket, sure you can respecc.

    But do you really know that? And if you do, how do I learn that trick?
    Do the shaman, druid or paladin need to know and specc accordingly?

    Where is the flexibility boon from being a priest then?
    I was pretty much in agreement with you on the other parts, but I do want to comment here more or less to agree with you still. I do still feel like the blues don't really understand the Priest community. For instance, I remember a specific blue post some time ago in which they were responding to how Priests didn't really feel like they knew their place in a raid and GC didn't seem to understand why we felt that way. I also remember the outcry with the CoH nerf, because some Holy Priests were facerolling CoH through Naxx, they nerfed it for all of us, whether we spammed CoH endlessly, or actually tried to make use of other spells. And while many of us were made to shut up because they gave us a part-targetable PoH and set damage patterns to favor it, but I still don't feel like the underlying disconnect had been addressed and I think you outline it well here.

    We're the only class that has two trees devoted to healing, and since one excels at tank healing and one excels at raid healing, we are theoretically the most flexible class. Where we can MT heal one fight as Discipline and raid heal another fight as Holy, you will very seldom see a Shaman or Paladin doing that, while Druids can often handle it. And yet, in order to achieve that, we have to devote both specs to it, where other healers only need one, and while we have that flexibility out of combat, we lack it in combat, where Disc is only marginally better than a Paladin at emergency raid healing (having PoH, while Pallies have no true AOE heal), and Holy Priests are absolutely the worst tank healers.

    So, really, I'd just like to see a bit of a buff to Discipline raid healing ability; though I'd expect the fabled PW:Barrier would do much to fix that. And, similarly, I'd like to see some serious buffing to Holy's MT healing ability; not so that it's on par with Discipline, because it shouldn't be, but so we have the flexibility that we are supposed to have.

  14. #14

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    Try playing a paladin. I lost somewhere in the range of 3.5k mana and a huge amount of regen.
    Try playing a paladin well. With the Beacon(and the FoL hot) change I feel like a tiny healing god. Not trying to hijack the priest thread mind you, but Paladin healing is more than fine. It just requires more... finesse. :P

    I completely agree with the "why nerf priests when you buffed druids" reasoning though. Holy priests have been somewhat overshadowed by Resto Druids in Ulduar, and that shouldn't be happening, not with the raid utility restos bring.

  15. #15

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    OP IS BUTTHURT BAD

    Here's something to actually be butthurt about.

    Priest Q&A 3.2
    Q: What about shadowpriests?
    A: They do well enough. They can survive 2 hits from a critter and mind blast crit for up to 4000.
    Q: Isn't this kind of weak?
    A: They're good on Yog.
    Q: QQ about mindflay.
    A: Maybe we could change the glyph to not suck so badly.
    Q: Will we get more damage?
    A: You will get dispersion which is pretty good for living long enough to do damage.
    Q: One final q-
    A: We gave all the buffs to resto shaman this round. Stay tuned for 3.3.


    Yep

  16. #16

    Re: Real Priest 3.2 Patch Notes

    I read all of the interviews with GC and the development team for all classes. It's a good indication of where things are headed, obviously as it is designed to be. When I read the latest one with priests there seemed to be no direction and absolutly no vision.

    There was no mention of smart healing this time around, infact that's almost become a dirty word for blizzard. I'm not asking for a CoH spamming priest but the use of party mechanics is slowly fading towards a raid whole for most other classes. Priests still have two major heals dictated by party setup.

    This I felt showed up also in the patch notes, there was more in there about fishing and cooking than priests, yet again. It's not that there is an overwhelming problem with the class it's just got no future. Nothing to look forward to.

    If anything I believe after reading the lastest posts priests are used as the bench marks. All other healing classes abilities are based off. The solution to any AoE healing problem isn't to look at the massive splash healing off pallys, the chain-heal-nub spam off shaman of wildgrowth off Druids. The solution is to raise of lower the priests coefficents to make these others appear to change.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •