Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats a good holy priest PvP build??

I firmly believe that holy priests can be viable in pvp (both arena and bgs) but I don't think many people give the spec a chance for such encounters. I was hoping someone could possibly provide me with a talent build that would utilize this trees "inner fire" in pvp. Also, please make sure you inclue light well in the build. I think the spell is really powerful when people use it. Thanks!!

Re: Whats a good holy PvP build??

there isn't one

57/14/0

.... holy for PvP? lulz!

Quote Originally Posted by solracselbor
    I firmly believe that holy priests can be viable in pvp (both arena and bgs) but I don't think many people give the spec a chance for such encounters. I was hoping someone could possibly provide me with a talent build that would utilize this trees "inner fire" in pvp. Also, please make sure you inclue light well in the build. I think the spell is really powerful when people use it. Thanks!!
    So you firmly believe it, but you want someone else to come up with the logic behind how to work it, and why it can be remotely successful. Right, whatever.

Holy's got a few things going for it: Crit Immunity, a heal after being crit, and 15 seconds of free uninterruptible healing after you die.
    Now, thanks to body and soul, it has a poison removal, and a free movement speed buff every 15 seconds.

It has a few big problems with it. One, it doesn't stand up to burst. The only cooldown to stop burst is one that only kicks in after you're already about to die. And it's buggy as hell. The priest's mana bar is not sustainable in PvP, and the only way disc wins or loses is usually decided very quickly. A Holy Priest can't Power Infusion and put on pressure like a Discipline Priest can either, and it can't live as long.

And you want Lightwell? Granted, if it's used it's the most mana efficient heal in the game, and it is powerful. However, it can be targeted by enemy players, and the little bit of health it has is not going to let you to actually use it. Plus, it disappears when you die.

The only PvP tree a priest has (healing or dps) is Discipline.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If you firmly believe it, then it is you who is the one that needs to prove to us that your beliefs are true, because frankly we have no clue as to how to make a holy pvp tree work.

Lightwell may save you from gankers, even then it will only save you from a minority of them.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10192

This is a holy pvp tree i tried before 3.2 (instant heals: renew, coh, holy nova, prom. surge of light proc; CD's: Desperate prayer, GS; fuck rogue: trinket, shield, ambolish disease, lightwell). I droped it after a week, was fun though.

Not sure its the best way to go now for pvp. Discipline has much better options.

Though i must say, holy pvp is really nice and fun in BG's (smite dps ftw), but you must make sure you have proper gear for it, you won't survive 3 sec's in pve gear.

I will still not recomend this spec.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita

This is a holy pvp tree i tried before 3.2 (instant heals: renew, coh, holy nova, prom. surge of light proc; CD's: Desperate prayer, GS; fuck rogue: trinket, shield, ambolish disease, lightwell). I droped it after a week, was fun though.

Not sure its the best way to go now for pvp. Discipline has much better options.

Though i must say, holy pvp is really nice and fun in BG's (smite dps ftw), but you must make sure you have proper gear for it, you won't survive 3 sec's in pve gear.

I will still not recomend this spec.
    I do the occasional BG in my generic PvE Holy spec and I can survive quite a bit more then 3 seconds, when supported by a decent group.
    I personally think Holy has some potential in group PvP,like battlegrounds, but Discipline seems to offer so much more survivability.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

This is the best I can come up with for PvP:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxcbu...fE0hb0qVzG:bof

It allows you to give yourself and your teammates the Body and Soul effect via Power Word: Shield, increasing run speed by 60% for 4 seconds. That's probably the best talent in Holy for PvP, so I stopped there. This build grabs most of the stuff from Holy and Discipline that makes you really hard to kill (Spell Warding, Blessed Recovery, Blessed Resilience and Focused Will). You would basically play by running away from people and keeping Power Word: Shield and Renew on as many targets as possible who are taking damage.

Now that I've mentioned the good, allow me to state quite frankly what's wrong with this build.
    You don't have Penance. Penance, next to Psychic Scream, is the best Priest PvP spell in the game. It's what ended up defining healing as a Priest in PvP. Every Priest who heals in PvP should have this spell. I just offered an alternative because you asked for one; the alternative is not as good.

Heavy into Holy without Guardian Spirit. Without having Penance, there's going to be a lot more times where you come really close to death and simply cannot pump out enough healing quickly enough to stay alive. This is usually due to heals other than Power Word: Shield and Renew being easily interruptable. Guardian Spirit is Holy's one saving grace. When you would normally die becaue you can't Penance yourself, instead, you get to live.

-----
    So there you have it. It's a different spec, and it might be fun to try. Here's my last note, though. I play a Ret Pally as my main, and pretty much the only thing that keeps me from destroying any Priest is PvP is Penance. If you want to PvP competitively, as opposed to just trying out something that might be fun versus bad players, get Penance.

If you wanna heal in PvP im afraid disc is realy your
    only choice if you want to do half decent any good
    melee will blow a holy priest up in seconds.
    Altough i seen somthing on a arena junkies that might help,
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/talents/priest/38_33_0/

If you dont have pain supression you will lose as a priest in PvP /done.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I wish my class had a dedicated PvP healing spec like disc...

And as another poster has stated, the increase to the Penance CD has made priests much more squishy, and a priest with no Penance wont last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    I wish my class had a dedicated PvP healing spec like disc...
    I wish my class had more than one viable PvP spec.

Ok, so I came up with this:

I feel that I should take blessed res but im not sure how effective it would be in the long run. let me know what you think.

I think that holy can be viable in PvP but not many people are willing to try it out. Most people are basing their spec of choice on a popular model that has already been shown to be successful. Also, theory crafting seems to be a popular way of determining maximum "this" and minimum "that". Yet, it fails to take into consideration any unknown variables that may occur in a match. I believe it when blizzard states that Holy has the potential to be pvp worthy, I just dont think some of the top players are willing to take the chance to explore it in pvp.

/cast flame ward

I feel that I should take blessed res but im not sure how effective it would be in the long run. let me know what you think.

I think that holy can be viable in PvP but not many people are willing to try it out. Most people are basing their spec of choice on a popular model that has already been shown to be successful. Also, theory crafting seems to be a popular way of determining maximum "this" and minimum "that". Yet, it fails to take into consideration any unknown variables that may occur in a match. I believe it when blizzard states that Holy has the potential to be pvp worthy, I just dont think some of the top players are willing to take the chance to explore it in pvp.

/cast flame ward
    Actually I reworked it to include blessed res

/cast flame ward
    Blizzard also says that Shadow is completely viable face melting PvP goodness. And that Dispersion is a great PvP talent. And that Hybrids bring utility whereas pures bring more raw damage (plus a few spot buffs too!) But where's the utility that a PvE holy priest brings?

Blizz is not the be all end all, and it's their own game for crying out loud.

Re: Whats a good holy priest PvP build??

You better spam that flame button after your last post ;D. First of all do you play priest? Second if you do why have you not try it your self? From my understanding you dont play priest.

Yes I love to explore diffrent spec but not all classes have the same condition as for example druids(restoferal very viable in bgs spec if not the best spec for bgs) and mage(elemental spec). I would be happy to see holy tree more viable as it is now compare to disc. I usually dont like people when the say oneliner like go this tree if you want to do this when the op asking about spec in a serten tree. But in this case it is the only way to do so as priest.

Lets skip that and lets say for your thread that disc dont exist.

If you look more into holy tree should say when I look into holy tree, I saw that it have lot of talent that base on crit synergy:

Holy Specialition - just pure crit boost
    Inspiration - flash heal crit
    Surge of Light - flash heal, renew(empowered renew)
    Holy concentration - flash heal renew(empowered renew)
    Empowered renew - dont need to explain this one

You should pick and max out all this talents. For loves of god YES you take Blesst resilience,,,sight (that is one of the reason why I dont think you play priest and have not try out holy in pvp but again you dont need to play priest to see that you take this talent IF you going to make a holy pvp spec).

I took a few min and quickly sketched up this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bgcbh...0bqiuG0uho:fuo

I don't know if I'd want to use it outside of 2v2 with a rogue/really good feral, but you asked for it so I tried my best >.>

Almost the same idea I had in my mind but I lean to go on imp shield and spec in to blessed recovery instead http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bxcbu...I00qiuG0uh:obm

Only for bgs

10+ Year Old Account

I just came up with this I'll try it out in BG's / WG when I can spare some time.
    I first tried going down to Soul Warding, but doing so made me miss Guardian Spirit, so I decided against it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I wish my class had more than one viable PvP spec.
    So does every class. Cry less please.

There was a guy on my server who did a Holy build for 5s. It was a 3 healer setup with him, the Holy priest, providing some dps as well. This was earlier this season.