Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Whats a good holy priest PvP build??

There are a bunch of things needed for holy to be viable. Here are some issues as I see them.

- Mana issues. All those instant spells you throw around are expensive. Holy Concentration is nearly useless in PvP. The spirit based regen with expensive spells is generally ill-suited for PvP.
    - Poor partner healing. This is another big one. Holy priests in PvP just aren't good at keeping anyone else alive than themselves.
    - Needs more crit! Surge of Light procs are important as hell. The new Inspiration would also help if you could keep it up more reliably.
    - Too susceptible to stuns and silences when focused. Holy takes more damage than disc or shadow. The healing is good, but you drop too quickly when caught in a bad stun or silence.

So, to try and help with those things without affecting PvE too much, here are some suggestions:

- Make CoH get +5% crit for each missing target - i.e. if you only heal 2 people with a non-glyphed CoH you get +15% chance to crit on them (that would make the glyph more useful for 5-mans and PvP too).
    - Alternatively, give CoH a significant crit-chance boost only on the target of the spell.
    - Add to Test of Faith that you take 7/14/20% less damage when stunned or silenced, like
    a watered down version of the elemental shaman talent Astral Shift. Deep holy builds need it, and it would be out of range of 34/37/0 Focused Will builds.
    - Add Holy Nova to the list of spells that can proc Holy Concentration.
    - Make some holy priest heal ignore Mortal Strike effects, like Binding Heal with Emp. Healing or Renew with Emp. Renew.
    - Make Divine Providence lower the cooldown on Desperate Prayer too.

Those things would all help, but I doubt that the mana situation would be greatly improved. Currently I don't know how to fix that without somewhat more drastic changes.

Wow, some of these builds are very interesting! Explain to me why serendipity is not taken? Also, I think holy concentration is very important for pvp seeing that holy priests need all the mana regen they can get. Also, holy concentration, when paired with meditation, alows for a 100% regen for a few ticks, making greater heal and other mana thirsty spells a lot nicer to use. Holy spec is definitely good in bgs, in arena, I think, is where it starts getting more difficult. For this reason, I think serendipity can come in good use when playing 3's and up because of the speed boost you can get for poh.

PoH is a ridiculous mana drain to ever be cast in PvP. Even when I do 5s there's almost never a time when all five people are missing over 5k hp; spreading your damage out just isn't a smart or practical maneuver usually. And when once in a blue moon I could use a group heal I just IF + DH behind a pillar, which is more effective.

As for Serendipity, I'd think that talent would vary depending on playstyle. I've never personally tried deep Holy PvP, and I just linked what I thought to be something that I would try. Maybe after doing a few games you'd find that Serendipity would be godly, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    PoH is a ridiculous mana drain to ever be cast in PvP. Even when I do 5s there's almost never a time when all five people are missing over 5k hp; spreading your damage out just isn't a smart or practical maneuver usually. And when once in a blue moon I could use a group heal I just IF + DH behind a pillar, which is more effective.

As for Serendipity, I'd think that talent would vary depending on playstyle. I've never personally tried deep Holy PvP, and I just linked what I thought to be something that I would try. Maybe after doing a few games you'd find that Serendipity would be godly, who knows.
    You most definitely have a good point, but I think that poh can be useful in those sticky situations. But I suppose focusing a spec to concentrate on such an occasion is poorly thought out. I have been using body and soul in wg and it really is a gamebreaker when your running back to your flag. However, is its effectivness as great in arena?? Also, don't you think holy reach is necessary in a pvp holy healing build? (I say "healing" in order to distinguish between a "holy dps" build; which is not what I mean by a pvp build. I want to heal not kill)

Can someone give me their opinion on holy concentration in PvP?? I have been using the spec I had proposed a few posts back, and I have been rocking in BG's (Still havnt done arena). But I was thinking maybe trying this spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...&version=10192

through my experience, holy concentration does give me back a nice bit a mana at times. Truly, I am torn over choosing to max out empowered renew and test of faith, holy concentration and empowered renew, or Holy concentration and test of faith. Serendipity, I have found to be pretty ineffective seeing as the only upside to it is fast greater heals and PoH's, which I seldom ever use.

Ok there is a lot of crap in this thread so Im just gonna clear it up for people why Holy is NOT a viable PvP build (especially arenas)

Priests in arena are the shitiest healers (emphasize HEALERS which implies spamhealing people). Their mana regen is terrible (protadins/restokins have practicaly inifnite mana. shamans usually OOM you unless they suck aswell). In order to be able to beat anything, a priest requires COORDINATED burst to kill something.

Holy has shitty burst capabilities compared to discipline.. (PI-Holyfire-Smiteglyph Smitespam for 3.5k)

Holy has horrible mana regen in PvP, spirit is useless since in PvP if you arent casting you are wasting time.

Holy has lackluster instants. Disc can get 1-2 ticks of pennance more every 10 seconds, their shield is 2x as strong, and they have PS to get through the worst burst.

GS is useless vs any team with MS. a 25k hp holy priest will get healed for 6-8k from it. (6-8k= nothing. takes approx 2 more seconds to kill the priest)

Body and Soul is practically useless. There are two types of teams in arena. ones that have Permanent slow (aka BaS wont help you get away) and ones that will rape you before you get to move. in which case it wont help you much nyway

The abolish poison effect is also useless.. Rogue posisons are reaplied at a rate of 2 billion per second, and if the rogue gets peeled off you chances are you are at 25% hp and need heals to survive rather then wasting GDC trying to get those poisons off.

Lightwell is only good vs retards. It has 5k hp and 0 resili.. gg 1-shotted

Holy is only ever going to be semi-viable in BGs (and only if you arent targeted) dont even bother with it in arena