Need some help (Building a PVP character)

Lately I've been feeling a bit of a Bloodlust, so I'm going to work up a PVP character.

My Character is going to be a Rogue (race undecided, will be Alliance)

I'd like some tips

Proper PVP Profs? Why?
    Links/Info on good PVP Addons (I do not like addons telling me to do this or that, but things giving me statistical info)
    A good ally Race for Rogue PVP?
    General Tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Re: Need some help (Building a PVP character)

Race = Human as ally
    Profs = Engi, JC or Blacksmithing. Engi brings ultity with Glove Rockets and Frag Belt, JC and Blacksmithing the best Stats
    Addons? Dunno something special for Rogues, just the default pvp addons, Gladius, Afflicted 2, maybe Spellalert or some stuff. A proper Combattext like MSBT and a CD Tracker and a buff/debuff Tracker also help

PVP profs? ehh unless you wanna hit people with an extra 1k then go engineering. I love my inscription because I dont look like a noob with resil enchants on my shoulders when I raid and because I didnt have to farm Sons of Hodir. Profs dont really matter imo, you will get extra ap either by prismatic gems, extra slots, ring enchants.. your choice. Go human and Pew Pew with those racials...

Crackaine- it's like crack for the sophisticated man.

Patch 3.1.2... RIP engineering you will be remember with fond memories for the edge you gave arena

Is Engie important to have? My Main is an Engie, so I know how it's a bit handy for PVP.. but..Yeah xD.

Also is there any spec advice? I was thinking subtle for preperation with 21 Cold Blood.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

standard rogue pvp build is 41/5/25 for mutilate and preparation, but there are plenty of viable specs for pvp out there.

as for professions i strongly suggest herbalism for lifeblood, the heal ticks for almost 1k on a rogue with maxed herb with close to 20k hp unbuffed, which is a substantial heal, ticks for 4-5x, 5k self heal is OP for rogues, and for BGs i suggest engineering, the sheer utility of the buffs, rocket boots, parachute cloak, its all great. but the boots cant be used in arenas anymore, so its pointless if you want to do srs arenas. a 2nd arena prof would be your choice, all of the enhancing profesions such as BS/JC/LW all give the same amount of bonuses (+40 total stat increase to X stat, maybe higher with the prof buffs in 3.2)

also depending on what bracket you pick for arenas depends on what race you should roll. i find that in 2s a human rogue will dominate due to perception and the ability to stack burst trinkets (bandits insignia and DMC: Death), but in 3s/5s where you can be focused very easily, losing a good 200 resi from those 2 slots (WG trinks) its a huge loss, so in 3s 5s, if you must roll ally, go gnome or nelf, for extra vanish/interrupt and another root break thats separate from your pvp trinket cooldown

i hope this helped, and i also hoped that my splurge about different races for different arena brackets was accurate, i know humans dominate 2s (i play one!) but i have a hard time in 3s/5s

~Illunis

In arenas the rocket gloves often make the difference between a kill and noone, so its not pointless. I think the frag belt can be used in arenas, too, which makes it even nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis
    also depending on what bracket you pick for arenas depends on what race you should roll. i find that in 2s a human rogue will dominate due to perception and the ability to stack burst trinkets (bandits insignia and DMC: Death)
    bandits insignia and DMC: Death don't share the same cd?
    good to know

I'm currently leveling the Rogue, any tips on level specs? What tree should I go into?

every spec is viable for lvling, but i'm most fan of combat.

assassination is all about backstab untill mutilate (boring even after u get mutilate imo, because of the energy it consumes =/) after u get mutilate it's a okey to lvl with in bg's too.

combat gives u stady high dammage and low downtime, (just avoid imp gauge and slice and dice, see many lvling with it -.-) i prefer not to spicialice in any particular weapon as u get a new one now and then. but if u want u can allways spec after the gear u get. counter attack on dodge is really powerfull and u get some nice cd's for soloing grp quests.

Subtlety got all the fun shs, setup, premedation, iniativ, hat. loads of combopoints and big crits from ambush. sucks if u got many targets on u as the dps is low, just high burst... still really fun =D

else there is 20 other threads about this u can just search for some more tips, btw i would pref sub if ur gonna lvl in bg's

for leveling once you can fill up the entire tree its all about preferance... combat is more of multi target(blade flurry/ks) while muti is single target dmg. before then combat for sure because backstab you have to be well behind them :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.