10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Shadow priest question... need help

Okay I've been a shadow priest for a couple weeks now, took advantage of the patch and got some gear. My stats seem pretty good Imo but I'm having trouble figuring out what I really need.

Current Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...al&n=Intension

With what I have equipped there I have 2290 SP, 19% crit, 244 Haste. (assuming I'm self buffed)

I have other gear that would make my stats look like: 2180 SP, 15% crit, 489 Haste. (again assuming I'm self buffed)

Guess what im saying is which one do I need more Crit or Haste. Crit is nice for DoTs, but haste is nice for my other casts, yet I don't notice the haste to begin with. In a 10m I do pretty shitty, only 3.5k, in a 25m I do 4k+ easy.

Can someone help me :P

Re: Shadow priest question... need help

Start by fixing your amount of hit, the effective hit cap is 289. Secondly, your gemming is horrible fail, you should NEVER EVER use any gems that doesn't have spell power!

And by doing that, you want to increase your spellpower. Crit and Haste comes automatically along with Tier8.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats another thing my hit, It... just came with my gear I honestly didn't try and get that much hit T.T

I found upgrades and they were, but they came with a lot of hit >.>

Your staff is not a upgrade, it's a downgrade. Even heroic blues is better due to the heavy amount of hit on it.

10+ Year Old Account

Well you didn't know what I was using before the staff :P

I had the Titansteal Guardian and the Heroism badge offhand.

I was going for the staffs overall stats + SP not the hit, I was hit capped w/o the staff to begin with.

And my gemming Isn't horrible, there are a few gems that I made a mistake with ill admit.

Mate look above hit cap anything with hit is a downgrade..
    now besides that...any gems (besides the 2 blue gems u need for ur meta that should be 12sp +10 spirit) should be spell power gems...
    now ... crit > haste when u have the required haste to get 2 mind flay's in between 2 mind blasts with raid buffs.... though too much haste can lead to dps loss cause if u have 1 free sec u either lose 1sec witing for ur mind blast or cast something else and lose from 0.5 sec to 1.5 sec...
    hope i helped
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany
    Well you didn't know what I was using before the staff :P

I had the Titansteal Guardian and the Heroism badge offhand.
    As I said, the Staff was a downgrade. The said MH+OH combo was MUCH better!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany
    And my gemming Isn't horrible, there are a few gems that I made a mistake with ill admit.
    No, it's horrible.