Curse Of Exhaustion (PvP)

Hey all, just a quick question to get a general consensus on Curse of Exhaustion.

Been pvping my lock through the levels (mostly as Destro though) until the patch just hit i thought id make a lock survival spec as i was planning on levelling through pvping. Its gone fantastically well and ive been tanking and frustrating players 4 levels higher than me!

The only problem i have is with CoE. Im just finding it completely useless. If i have melee on me than its useless because they have a slow on me which is far better than my CoE 30% so the only other time i would use it is straight after a fear to keep them at bay for as long as possible but then i have Imp Fear and they dont stack so again i find it useless.

Also, when it comes to taking players off mounts or killing them whilst on a mount its also useless.

So i have come to the conclusion, im gonna drop it and get the shadowflame glyph.

Is there anything i have missed that you guys can enlighten me on?

Of all the classes ive played i dont think ive come accross a tier 5 talent so useless/situational :-S

Re: Curse Of Exhaustion (PvP)

yea, go for shadowflame glyph.

It's always been an iffy talent. Nowadays in a world with everyone and their mother having some sort of 50% snare and melees being glued to their targets a talent like CoE is very outdated. Having to sacrifice a curse in order to use it makes it nearly useless outside of being an annoyance...

CoE is one of the best spell a warlock can use. But i know, in Bgs its completly useless since it is so random. But in Arena in other hand. Keep it up all the time, helps me alot :P

I was propped up to 50% during wrath beta, which was a good thing. At the moment it has very limited usefulness. Now that shadowflame can actually hit the broud side of a bard its glyph does looks much more attractive. The one thing CoEx has over is is obviously its range, which is not something to be ignored.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    I was propped up to 50% during wrath beta, which was a good thing. At the moment it has very limited usefulness. Now that shadowflame can actually hit the broud side of a bard its glyph does looks much more attractive. The one thing CoEx has over is is obviously its range, which is not something to be ignored.
    Yeah, if i do drop it (which is likely) i will miss the opportunities to use it on fleeing people or ranged classes (although to be fair if they are ranged and we are locked in battle they arent to concerned about being slowed)

Warsong has probably been the best place to use it. On flag carriers or healers. But even then, Druid healers shift out of it, Pally healers use freedom and Shaman shift out of it. Priests become the only target i can actually keep it on :-(

Thanks for your reply guys.

Shame for this talent really.

Its decent when you are chasing people that run away or meeles that run to you, but if a meele sits on you its shit since everyone and his dog has a 50-70% slow.

CoE is Epic in arenas. You can kite lots of classes with it, including Rogues and ret pallys, both of which prove to be problematic to warlocks.

Its also important in getting that last spell off on a healer that would've otherwise LoS'd you.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by Equivocator
    Shaman shift out of it.
    Shaman can't shift out of snares. When they go ghost wolf they have 100% run speed but if it is still on them when they shift back they will still be slowed. Not much consolation.

The only time I use CoE (I"m new to warlock PVP) is after a howl or fear to buy me more time before the rogue or warrior are back on top of me.

I have been meaning to replace glyph of corruption with the shadowflame glyph. I think that is the answer to your problems.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by moode
    Shaman can't shift out of snares. When they go ghost wolf they have 100% run speed but if it is still on them when they shift back they will still be slowed. Not much consolation.

The only time I use CoE (I"m new to warlock PVP) is after a howl or fear to buy me more time before the rogue or warrior are back on top of me.

I have been meaning to replace glyph of corruption with the shadowflame glyph. I think that is the answer to your problems.
    With only 1 of my 3 primary spells (Haunt, Corruption, UA) being insta-cast, I tend to kite only after I have just refreshed my dots.

I guess my playstyle prefers more temporary immobility than others.
    Thanks for jumping on that grenade for me last night. You're the best wingman ever.
    She ate 7 of the 8 slices of pizza. I deserve a purple heart and sex w your sister
    Epic

most melee have a talent that boosts their speed for instances rogues have one increasing speed by 15% same with ret paladins and death knights can have that presence/talent depending

feral druids can have 30% making it useless to CoE them and in pvp most if not all will have it

so yes useless idk boutwarriors having a speed buff but i'd say so
    but they can charge anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie
    With only 1 of my 3 primary spells (Haunt, Corruption, UA) being insta-cast, I tend to kite only after I have just refreshed my dots.

I guess my playstyle prefers more temporary immobility than others.
    Warlocks ARE the most immobility class in WoW. The only thing you can do while running is casting Corruption+CoA, its ok for PvE leveling purposes, maybe even at crowd vs crowd pvp where you maybe not focused from the start.

Warsong start is such a moment, when both factions meet at the middle. You can run around and cast your 2 dots on everyone but dont expect them to stay for longer than 2-3 sec since everyone and his grandma can dispell/clear/cloak them away.

The biggest problem on any 1on1 situation you may encounter on battleground is that an affliction lock, you have to stay still and cast UA+Haunt on your target. Most melees can silence/counter you, even most casters can do. So you have to get them into fear, to get a small time-window for casting. Nearly every class got fear-break ability next to insignia.

The biggest problem i currently encounter as affliction are rogues (again), becaue fear/dot immunity and best CC in game next to immense DPS burst.

The biggest win i currently get from affliction that you can dot someone up in a way of "fire and forget". Ever seen a hunter with 4 dots on him, still trying to kill you but you pop VW shield then walk away from him while your dots eating him up ? I LOVE THOSE MOMENTS !
    [div class="blizzquotewrap"][div class="blizzquoteinner"][span class="corners-top"][span][/span][/span][div class="blizzquoteheader"][span]Quote from: Blizzard Staff[/span][/div][div class="blizzquote"]Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.[/div][span class="corners-bottom"][span][/span][/span][/div][/div]