Grim Toll and Mjolnir's Runestone

After the patch I noticed that they had buffed the armor pen buff on Mjolnir's Runestone. So I went to my bank and picked up my good old Grim Toll and did some tests.

As far as I can see it seems that these two trinkets once again stack with eachother, can anyone else confirm this?

Re: Grim Toll and Mjolnir's Runestone

They always stacked. The problem with using both is that they put you over the ArPen-Cap, which results in a dmg loss.

They stack up to the point which gives you 100% armor penetration, but normally they would give you 120% armor penetration. The extra 20% is dropped and wasted as an unused stat. This being said, using Mjolnir's and another trinket is far superior.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

I can't remember a time when they didn't stack

Quote Originally Posted by panda911
    They stack up to the point which gives you 100% armor penetration, but normally they would give you 120% armor penetration. The extra 20% is dropped and wasted as an unused stat. This being said, using Mjolnir's and another trinket is far superior.
    Grim Toll proc is 49.72% ArP
    Runestone proc is 54.02% ArP

So if you had 0 ArP from talents and gear, only 3.74% would be wasted.

That being said, there is a 45 second internal CD once the item has been equipped (patch 3.2) so you can stagger these two trinkets by equipping one right before the engagement point. That way, they should be triggered at different times and you'll get the full benefit of both.

meh... Those two > Mjolnir's Runestone & Bandit's Insignia amiright?

As far as I can remember too, ArP on targets now will not exceed a certain point. Full 100% arp is not possible on a boss mob anymore, since they capped the amount arp can reduce to like 7900 out of lvl80 boss 13000+/-.

Hazy as I just woke up, but it's there.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

I roll with both since they are the only trinkets i have ever gotten. And when they both proc at the same time i end up wasting 15% ArP. However, it is still rather good, and they are better together *in my opinion* than bandit's insignia + ArP trinket. I just use my Bandit's Insignia for PvP.
    BY SARONITE BE PURGED!
    I have... 80 rogue. 2 80 DK's. 80 Shaman. 4 80's makes me pro amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    As far as I can remember too, ArP on targets now will not exceed a certain point. Full 100% arp is not possible on a boss mob anymore, since they capped the amount arp can reduce to like 7900 out of lvl80 boss 13000+/-.

Hazy as I just woke up, but it's there.
    The cap for us is still 100% ArP. 100% is still better than 98%. What you are thinking of though is true that we can not take a warrior class bosses effective armor down to 0.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

effective_armor=f(base_armor=10643,arp=1) varies from 0 to floor((2*base_armor-C)/3)=2017