Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things you would of liked to see in wotlk and hope to see by the end of the xp

Now I know most of these things won't come true, but here is my wish list.

-An Ajzol Nerub zone or at least an AN raid. (Yes this is a defenetly must. The underground kingdom of nerub sprawls through out northrend. It is miles and miles of underground caverns contaning the spider army of still alive nerubians fighting against the undead nerubian lords. This zone would be epic and so far I don't understand why it has been neglected.
    I recall in warcraft 3 runing with arthas in that underground lair and fighting against faceless ones. I would really wish to experience it in WoW since so far the whole AN is made of just 2 5 man instances that take 10-15 minutes to complete.

-Troll raid. I uterly loved the story of the trolls sacrificing their gods in order to fight against the scurge. I wish they would make a raid exploring this aspect further. The raid could even have 2 parts like the vanilla stratholme did. A part where you fight against the scurge trying to enter the troll kingdom and one where you fight the actual trolls that have sacrificed their gods.

-Nagas. Yes, what did happen with the nagas that ilidan's expedition sent? They should be ploting some where trying to get their revenge.

-Furbolg instance. I was surprise they didn't have an instance in grizzly hills considering how awesome the dead world tree looked like...It would be nice to actually make a chalenging 5 man there.

Again I know most of these things won't be out there,and it saddens me that they chose to make loliseum instead of one of these options, wich at least in my opinion seemed more epic then what they done so far.

How ever what do you guys think?

Re: Things you would of liked to see in wotlk and hope to see by the end of the xp

Flying machines. It says so in my WotLK box.

Re: Things you would of liked to see in wotlk and hope to see by the end of the

Class balance in PvP
    This user has been banned.

Deleted

Re: Things you would of liked to see in wotlk and hope to see by the end of the xp

Quote Originally Posted by obeahlol
    The dances i was promised from day 1, when that paladin and priest went to northren and the priest died... why didnt the paladin just use redemption on the priest?

i feel kinda ripped off with the dances though
    Fix'd

Mmmm, also something about dance contests/fights and mount tunning been said right?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by obeahlol
    The dances i was promised from day 1, when that paladin and mage went to northren and the mag died... why didnt the paladin just use redemption on the mage ?. or the mage should have atleast iceblocked. geeez

i feel kinda ripped off with the dances though
    Must not have raided in BC, because that gear she was wearing was a dead giveaway to priest t4.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    Now I know most of these things won't come true, but here is my wish list.

-An Ajzol Nerub zone or at least an AN raid. (Yes this is a defenetly must. The underground kingdom of nerub sprawls through out northrend. It is miles and miles of underground caverns contaning the spider army of still alive nerubians fighting against the undead nerubian lords. This zone would be epic and so far I don't understand why it has been neglected.
    I recall in warcraft 3 runing with arthas in that underground lair and fighting against faceless ones. I would really wish to experience it in WoW since so far the whole AN is made of just 2 5 man instances that take 10-15 minutes to complete.

-Troll raid. I uterly loved the story of the trolls sacrificing their gods in order to fight against the scurge. I wish they would make a raid exploring this aspect further. The raid could even have 2 parts like the vanilla stratholme did. A part where you fight against the scurge trying to enter the troll kingdom and one where you fight the actual trolls that have sacrificed their gods.

-Nagas. Yes, what did happen with the nagas that ilidan's expedition sent? They should be ploting some where trying to get their revenge.

-Furbolg instance. I was surprise they didn't have an instance in grizzly hills considering how awesome the dead world tree looked like...It would be nice to actually make a chalenging 5 man there.

Again I know most of these things won't be out there,and it saddens me that they chose to make loliseum instead of one of these options, wich at least in my opinion seemed more epic then what they done so far.

How ever what do you guys think?
    Very nice suggestions, I have to say I agree that these would all be cool, very cool and would most likely bring alot of players back!

Deleted

didnt they say something about further character customization in wotlk too?

First off, I signed up with the sole purpose of answering this thread. So feel proud. Nah I'm just kidding, but it seemed interesting to me.

I agree. I was seriously looking forward to the first "underground zone". As with the dance studio, its one of two things I feel really cheated about not seeing in the game. AN is a huge area, truely worthy of a zone. If they can make an entire zone out of Zul'Drak then why not Azjol-Nerub? That's what I've always asked myself.

The troll fanboy in me agrees with this, although I understand why it wasn't implemented (I definitely think it was on the cards at one point). I was kind of hoping for another friendly troll faction like the Zandalar, but I doubt that will come. I always wondered why Gundrak is considered the end of the Zul'Drak storyline. The trolls inside the dungeon are not leaders of the Drakkari, indeed, the Frost King himself is missing.

There's a quest that deals with it. Basically the naga were either slaughtered by the Kvaldir, fled with Illidan to Outland or went back home. The quest giver herself is a survivor of the naga's campaign in Northrend. I'll try and find out more if you're interested, but otherwise I think this has been dealt with ingame already.

Well, just like the Zul'Drak raid, I think this was one that was "on the cards" but ultimately dismissed for something else. I guess it would have been a dungeon that lead up to a raid in AN, if they followed the original "Nerubians have a raid where you probably fight an Old God ie. Yogg" idea. That was either changed in production, or was merely a rumour.

Nice thread though. I agree with you though, there's a lot of stuff they've left curiously missing. I was hoping to see these guys: http://www.wowwiki.com/Arachnathid
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by jvv
    didnt they say something about further character customization in wotlk too?
    druids can change skins nao!

edit: cow people
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Yes dances, I completly forgot about them.
    I recall they said they will be for free at first coming with the expansion..then they said there will be secret codes in the trading card game..now i guess they completly scratched the ideea :S.

As for flying machines...Well...I guess that might of affect game balance but then again if they would actually pull it off it would of been so much awesome.

Oh and one last thing...they should of made icecrown like it was in warcraft 3..I don't know why they went with the Lord of The Rings lore so much (caugh mordor on ice) because the warcraft 3 original icecrown was so much cooler and better.

I enjoyed the oracles story line...I wish they would of developed it to make it some what similar to aldor vs scryers, yet after you would level to 80 unless you wanted the protodrake people would completly forget about them.

Also Id like them to make some uniqueness in the factions. At the moment it makes exactly zero difference if you play alliance or horde. This would further draw the conflict between alliance vs horde against arthas.
    At the moment I am a member of the horde and I have no clue why I should hate the alliance..and surprisingly I do read the quests and no I don't think that a branch of forsaken atacking the wrathgate is an enough excuse to spark a war considering that there were horde casulties as well.

Id wish they would stop making raids with just 1 boss. While it is fun to go in and get loot, it gets so very dull after you farm the instance.

Bring CC back. You gave it to alot of classes yet it is almost completly removed from PvE...why?!

Balance the classes on PvE so that every one knows what role he has. At the moment I am incredibly confused...When I look on blizzards website it says the mage is the king of aoe, yet I see rogue FOK toping the damage meters all the time..
    Some classes should be good at aoe, others at direct damage. That doesn't mean that they should uterly suck at single target if they're good at aoeing, but they should be few % behind at least at what they aren't good at.

Remove guardian spirit and hand of sacrifice. It encourages to stack paladins and priests for this purpose. Furthermore it makes so lame boss mechanics where the tank gets hit for more then the amount of hp he has and this, again encourages raid stacking and bringing a dk tank as most of the times this damage is magical.
    If you don't want to remove it then feel free to give druids and shamans a similar ability or at least an ability to further strenghten guardian spirit and hos once casted on a target.

Beter rewards for hardmodes. Either they are in beter loot or unlocking aditional bosses. And no, not a random silver surfer that you can fight for 1 hr but a boss that has a huge amount of lore or one that you need to explore a whole new wing of an instance to reach it.

I miss seeing locked chests in instances, I miss professions having reputation based advancement in difficult to obtain recipes or difficult to grind reputations everyone has everything right now.

I miss damage scrolls working in raids, and I miss set bonuses that were class defining.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    I miss seeing locked chests in instances, I miss professions having reputation based advancement in difficult to obtain recipes or difficult to grind reputations everyone has everything right now.

I miss damage scrolls working in raids, and I miss set bonuses that were class defining.
    I miss those things, too. But Blizzard sucks so we can't have nice things anymore. /QQ off

In other news...

I'd like to have seen a Nerubian raid. We did all this running around in Southwestern Dragonblight in teh pit of Nar'jun only to find out that there were no raids involving the trapped/subverted Nerubians? NO one I know would have cried over having to do a Nerubian raid; it's one of the core defining species of the entire expansion. In this, Blizzard's devs have ultimately failed in setting up a realistic style of raid progression. From Undead, to Titan and Old God, to... exhibition fights? Lame...

I would also would have liked to see more of a distinction between hard mode raiders and normal mode raiders. As it stands, you can't really tell the two apart. It's frustrating to see everyone doing the same thing. It's almost like you have nothing to work for, because in the end, you don't have anything reasonably tangible to show for it.

Next, various-styled tier gear. A tier gear model for 10-man, recolored for hard mode, and a totally different one for 25-man, recolored and grandiose for 25-man Heroic.

Finally, I'd like to see Icecrown as Black Temple/Sunwell 2.0, tough as NAILS, then nerfed three to four months later. I want to get in and smash some face on heroic 25-man.

Oh and if they DO make a nerubian raid , I do want it to be epic not just a cave with 5 bosses.

There should defenetly be a faction involved, that gives you a long chain quest (optional) that you can do and it will build up to the actual raid.

I want the good nerubains to help you up and with the reputation you gain inside the instance to be able to have access to some extremly powerfull items that will further help you in the fight against the spider lords.

The entrance to the instance and the first steps inside the raid should show huge fights between the undead and the spider lords who keep trying to hold the city.

Finally the instance SHOULD have loads of trash (it is a bug city afterall) but the trash should be able to drop some of the best items in the game (think sunwell or black temple rings) in order to make it more interesting.

Yet I doubt they will ever make it...you do get to kill anubarak in the LOLiseum so meh...why make epic raids filled with lore and equal on rememberence with black temple when you can just save a lot of monney and time and simply throw in a circle and some bosses in it along with some nice music and speaches to try and make it epic...

You guys know the dance studio thing was an april Fools joke right?

Just like the Bard class Blizz promised last year :P
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

I would've wanted a raid/instance in Grizzly Hills with either Worgen or Furbolgs. It would be a nice change of things.

Heck they should've made the fallen worldtree into an instance/raid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus

it wasnt

edit: on-topic: achievements related to your account as a whole, the wotlk guide even says that they would be there >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSZc2Mc5iQ

2:30

I wanna see gnomes taking over Gnomeregan :P ( or how it spells )