Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Levelling a rogue in BG

First- I'm a melée noob. My main and alts have always been casters. I hit 10 on my rogue and started playing around in WSG. I love pvp... Pve is dead to me =P

Now that we got that out of the way... What tree or trees would be good for levelling in battlegrounds? To be honest I don't even know where to put the first point since I'm levelling in a total pvp environment. At 10 I'm starting with ah greens for now except i have two heirloom daggers with 15 agility. I will also have some basic enchants along the way courtesy of my main.

Sorry if this is a repost... I didn't see a similar topic but if it exists I'll happily read it and have this post locked. Thanks for any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Re: Levelling a rogue in BG

i might be crazy but i could see leveling via sub would be better till you can respec for the goodies in mutilate...
    Then again my rogue has been on the shelf for a year now :P

Combat is shit without Killingspree. Mutilate also without Mutilate. So yeah, i think sub is the way to go.

Ok, so I started with my first points in Opportunity. Is there a general thought process on choosing between Eviscerate and Slice and Dice or does it depend on the health level of the target (mid health slice and dice, low health eviscerate?).

Also, should I have a macro set up to come out of stealth and attack?
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Well just go subt spec, think thats bedst at the start... hmm

go for something like this i think... http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogu...0&version=9767

Quote Originally Posted by HavocLock
    Ok, so I started with my first points in Opportunity. Is there a general thought process on choosing between Eviscerate and Slice and Dice or does it depend on the health level of the target (mid health slice and dice, low health eviscerate?).

Also, should I have a macro set up to come out of stealth and attack?
    Don't bother with SnD too much in pvp. It can be nice for a little extra white damage, but that's one less finisher you get to use for damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

What would you need a macro for to get out of stealth? Usually, you want to attack from stealth, and once you attack, you break stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestar31
    What would you need a macro for to get out of stealth? Usually, you want to attack from stealth, and once you attack, you break stealth.
    Maybe I'm just not far enough into the abilities to have that many stealth-breaking options. I just got garrote yesterday and thats the only thing I see that can be used while in stealth and will break stealth... and that has to be done from behind which has been hard while being in the low end of the bracket. Typically though (atm level 14) my stealth is being broken by some 19 hunter or druid strolling by ;D.

On a side note - I think this battlegrounds xp change has birthed a new generation of twinks. They are not as stacked as the old ones but most are running around with heirloom gear and instance blues and enchanted to the teeth. I'm working on it myself but I think Blizz's intention of separating the twinks from those still levelling hasn't worked as planned. Might have to move this rogue to my second account so my main can gear him as he levels. On the bright side I've already passed 1000hks :P
    Nerf teabagging!

All attacks break stealth, even those that don't require stealth. Just drag Backstab or something to your stealth bar.

Heh.. told ya I was a noob ;D

Nerf teabagging!

Mkay so I'm to the point I need to pick out my first major and minor glyphs... Suggestions?Also, poisons at level 20 right?

Another one... knives, gun, or bow? Or just personal preference? Although the irony in killing a hunter with a gun while he's kiting me has been pretty entertaining...
    Nerf teabagging!

Mkay so I'm to the point I need to pick out my first major and minor glyphs... Suggestions?Also, poisons at level 20 right?

Another one... knives, gun, or bow? Or just personal preference? Although the irony in killing a hunter with a gun while he's kiting me has been pretty entertaining...
    Poisons at lvl 20, yes.
    Thrown, bow or gun mostly doesn't matter, just pick the one with the best stats. Its like the meele weapon for hunters or the wand for ranged dds, its a pure stat-stick.
    Glyphs: Eviscerate should bea nice one at lower levels.
    Minor glyphs: Only one that matters in pvp is Vanish, which you can use from lvl 22.

I went with the gouge glyph since evisc wasn't available. Ill try to get it later. Also considering the sprint glyph since this is all wsg and I'm either carrying the flag or chasing their fc down.

My dps doesn't seem to keep up with hunters, granted they have 19 elite pets and great ranged attacks, but I may consider trying other specs too. Subtlety has worked well though overall so ty.
    Nerf teabagging!

I went with the gouge glyph since evisc wasn't available. Ill try to get it later. Also considering the sprint glyph since this is all wsg and I'm either carrying the flag or chasing their fc down.

My dps doesn't seem to keep up with hunters, granted they have 19 elite pets and great ranged attacks, but I may consider trying other specs too. Subtlety has worked well though overall so ty.
    Hunters are the Kings until 30+, even more in the untwinked brackets, you can't do much about that. Your specc doesn't really matters at this low lvls but sub will become better as your lvl grows, since Assasination makes no sense without mutilate and combat makes noone without killing spree. At 30 you can use hemo for generating combo points and use maces/swords/fists, if you want. At 50 mutilate becomes an option.
    However you should consider to lvl up to 20+ since lvling in wsg is awfully slow, unless your fraction does 3:0 games all the time.

Two more quick questions...

For poisons in battlegrounds, would it make sense to go double crippling or just stick with instant and crippling?

Garrote or ambush? I like the burst of ambush but does one scale better?

Nerf teabagging!

Ambush

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Ah, nvm.. Got mind-numbing poison last night and switched to using that and crippling.

Any suggestions on beating prot pallys? I seem to be killing myself as they stand there.... warriors are about the same (20-29 bracket atm).
    Nerf teabagging!

Try your hardest to stay behind them as well as rupture (forget which level you get this but I believe you should have it) and try to stay away from them and let the dot do it's dmg...not much else I can say about it. Stuns, bleeds, and staying behind them.

Gwyni will henceforth be known as Meanie, Bringer of Tautologies

I hit 30 today ;D

Once I hit 35, I'm switching to the BC weapon enchants. Double Mongoose? I want something that will hit hard, be useful in battlegrounds and last me a while since they are going on heirloom daggers.
    Nerf teabagging!

You can't put level requiring enchants on BoA gear